Waiting for my first Reo...USPS is killing me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

egrets

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2014
Seattle, WA
Kind of a rant. Just very mad right now...

So my first Reo is out of delivery since this morning....like at 5:15pm, saw the USPS truck stopped by the apartment complex mailbox and so I thought it's going to come up the hill to deliver my Reo...10 minutes later, nothing. Look out the window, the truck left the complex. I went down to my mail box to see an orange slip of "Sorry we missed you' and told me to pick it up tomorrow at the post office

So mad right now. Called my local post office I complain. I mean I am home all day, what do u mean by 'missed you' when you didn't even lock on my door.

The lady at USPS said she's trying to locate the driver. If that's not successful, she will wait till the truck go back to the office and call me so I can go pick it up. Thank goodness the post office is like 10 minutes away from my home. But still, so mad. I want my Reo now!!

Sigh...

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
In most things in life the anticipation is half the fun. In REOville, the anticipation is just excruciating. I feel your pain, I think my mail man waits around the corner until I leave for work and breaks out the dreaded pink slip :glare:

But it does make the first vape that much better, enjoy and don't forget the pics... We love pics :)

MacDiver

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2010
Morehead City, NC
The exact same thing happened to me and that was several years ago. I was waiting on my first Reo so you bet I was looking, hehe. Yeah, I heard the guy walk up on the porch and put mail in the box but I was in the middle of something so I couldn't run to the door. He didn't ring the doorbell or knock. I called the PO and fussed them out. To my surprise the guy came back with it later that PM.

About two weeks ago we sent a large manila envelope from the NC coast to the mountains near Asheville - across the state. We sent it return receipt with tracking as it was important. They sent it to Ashville alright but then they sent it to Arlington, VA outside Washington DC. ...? It took them six days to scan it in Arlington. By then we thought it was lost so we had to fax a copy.

e30ernest

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2013
Philippines
I know how you feel!

Our post office takes all the effort to go to my mailing address to leave a slip to pick up my parcel from the post office. There is no option to have them bring my package over and have me sign for it at my door. The only option is to go to my post office (a good 30-45 minute drive through traffic) on a weekday, during work hours to pick up my package. Then they charge me a small "storage fee" for keeping my package in their office.

PHLPost really sucks! :D

I've since switched to a mail forwarder that could bring my packages from the USA in around 1.5-2 weeks (versus 3-6 weeks via normal mail) for around the same cost. :D They still won't deliver my package to my door, but at least their office is closer (about a 10 minute walk from my condo) and is inside a nice airconditioned mall. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread