Wall Charger 510 issues/life expectancy

Status
Not open for further replies.

jghunter1

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2009
Denver, N.C.
OK so I've been using my original Joye 510 kit's 2 batt's for about a month. I ordered 3 extra batts after maybe 2 weeks?? Now I seem to have one or two batts that won't hold a charge. BUT it's not consistent. Seems like sometimes they DO charge on the PCC?! I've noticed that on certain batt's, that when I screw them into the wall charger, the light turns red, but if I screw them in all the way it turns green and they don't charge. Seems like some DO charge if I only screw in till I get a red light-I need to mark and log all the batt's to be 100% sure. I'm a klutz and I've dropped the charger on the floor (hard) a few times... Maybe it's the CHARGER that's not working?! I know 510 batteries have a limited life expectancy but what about the chargers?

65590.png

Connman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
North Florida, USA
They do seem to be rather cheap. We had a 901 wall charger and it got to not working just by screwing it in. The 510 charger is the same sort of device just slightly different. I have noticed that it does need to kind of dangles from the wall if I prop the battery against anything it acts funny. Could very well be some sort of lose connection I suppose. Good luck with fixing it or getting a new one.

jghunter1

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2009
Denver, N.C.
Not sure if it makes any diffrence, but try screwing the batt on charger then pluging it in. Also, make sure the threads are clean and free of liquid.

I have been checking to make sure threads are clean with no debris AND also have tried screwing battery in first before plugging into wall. I still have some batt's that show a "green" light until I partially unscrew them and these are the ones that I suspect aren't taking a charge or at least not taking a full charge. I seem to have fewer "failures" when I use my PCC. Like I mentioned earlier, I really need to label, log EACH batt to be sure what's up but DEFINATELY having some that are ADR (=ain't doing right)

Proverb

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2009
Boulder, CO
I have been checking to make sure threads are clean with no debris AND also have tried screwing battery in first before plugging into wall. I still have some batt's that show a "green" light until I partially unscrew them and these are the ones that I suspect aren't taking a charge or at least not taking a full charge. I seem to have fewer "failures" when I use my PCC. Like I mentioned earlier, I really need to label, log EACH batt to be sure what's up but DEFINATELY having some that are ADR (=ain't doing right)

I know this is silly, because you said so in your post, but are you making sure the threads of both the battery *and* the charger are clean? I ask because I was having major issues with my wall charger and I clean out the threads of my battery pretty regularly. Took a Q-tip to the threads of the charger (unplugged of course) and that did the trick - no more finicky charging.

jghunter1

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2009
Denver, N.C.
I have extra chargers if you need one. Let me know...

Debbie

Thanks Debbie! I may contact you about that since I'm having issues with the supplier I just ordered from (might have to post about that if I can't get it worked out.....).

And have to say big thanks to Proverb! Since cleaning the threads on my CHARGER It's acting "normal" again. Have not needed to "fiddle" with it to get the light to turn red when I hook up a dead battery..... could it be that simple??? I hope so. Feel a bit stupid though........I'm keeping a close eye on my batteries but so far, so good. (But I'm still gonna get a new wall charger just in case..) :thumbs:

65590.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread