Wall Charger Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
While I recently received and am using the Aspire Breeze 2, I have been a longtime user of V2 classic batteries. Just a preference thing. Anyway, I have nearly a dozen batteries that are either in use or waiting to be charged. I also have 3 wall charging units.

The problem is none of the wall charging units are currently working, correctly. More specifically, when I screw a battery into the USB connector, then plug that into the wall plug, it immediately shows up as a fully charged battery. If I attempt to use that battery, even if I wait say 3 hours for it to charge, it will go dead within 3 puffs.

Part of the problem is I noticed this with 2 of the units months ago and my lazy self did nothing about it. Now that the 3rd one is not working, I'm a bit frantic as all my batteries are not able to be charged.

The rest of the problem is being a holiday weekend, I don't know when I can get them replaced by V2. Their site shows new ones are on a 15 day waiting list.

So looking for advice on what I could do to address the problem until replacement units become available in say a week from today?

As I see it, my options are:
a) plug USB directly into computer USB port - which strikes me as a no-no, as in possible damage to my computer

b) try using car charger I have but haven't used in 2 years

c) try to purchase a wall charger locally - which if not compatible with V2 batteries seems like a huge no-no

d) try to fix the wall charging units myself - which currently I'm clueless on.

e) continue using the Breeze 2, wait the week for V2 to get new charger to me and make due with what I got

Thanks for reading and look forward to helpful advice.

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
Charging on the computer should not cause damage to the computer. I have charged those type of batteries on a computer along with regular batteries in a mod.

But if it is 3 wall charge units. It is more likely problems with the battery itself

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
@https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/members/jman8.116694/

You can plug the cables into a Walmart USB charger. USB is a standard and all work the same way. Your ecig will draw the correct power from the USB wall wart. The cable should plug into a standard USB wall charger and work fine. You could also buy a multiple port USB charger as long as the total capacity was 3 amps or higher. That way you could charger more than one ecig from the same charger.

Last edited:

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I remember having this problem. Batteries don’t last forever and neither do chargers. A charger may eventually die , but a battery eventually WILL die. They’re only good for about 300 charges on average. I eventually gave up on ego batteries totally and got a real mod and a decent battery charger so I could tell if my batteries were kaput

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread