• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Want a new PV, help please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChellyNelly

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2011
Dartmouth, NS
And I quote, from the Forum Rules:

8. Personal attacks
You can disagree with the subject matter of a post, but never personally attack the poster - “Attack the post, not the poster”. Treat people as you would like to be treated yourself: with courtesy.

Can we please get this back on topic now? Thanks.

FarmYard

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2009
Van,B.C./ blaine,WA
my lava tube just started acting funny.wouldn't fire when switch pressed.i had to rig it.it is made so cheap.i finally took it apart to see if i could fix it.the switch wires are about as thick as a human hair.overall i was very disappointed with it.but when it did work i loved the Variable voltage aspect of it.

DemonCleaner

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2010
Calgary, Alberta. Canada
Yeah I love my lava tube. But I'm on my second and don't take this one out in public. It's pretty cheaply made. Can't go wrong with an ego though. Knock off or not...I have a few of each and they've all lasted over a year. Also the cheaper ones seem to run at a slightly higher voltage which is cool.

DemonCleaner

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2010
Calgary, Alberta. Canada
“Attack the post, not the poster”
Does it say anything about which to hate ie...the player or the game?

To follow up on my last post...
I lied. I actually got one ego style battery that died. That was the t-Rex. Don't get the trex. Didn't even last a month.

therealcmac

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2011
Vancouver Island, BC Canada
www.youtube.com
my lava tube just started acting funny.wouldn't fire when switch pressed.i had to rig it.it is made so cheap.i finally took it apart to see if i could fix it.the switch wires are about as thick as a human hair.overall i was very disappointed with it.but when it did work i loved the Variable voltage aspect of it.

Hey, how did you get it apart?? I tried prying off the top but only broke the plastic cap :p

DKS-1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2011
VA/NC and NLV Land
I just got into using an Ego recently. I bought 2 knock off batteries and one Joyetech. Both of the knock offs completely died within 3 days of getting them. 2 more were sent upon return. One is already acting funny (blinking LED when it's charging sometimes, not charging at all sometimes, etc.) The other one's center post is in a very odd position, I've tried to correct, but it goes back as soon as I put a cart on, and no, I'm not screwing it in too far, it's just so flimsy that contact moves it. And the switch on it sticks often and it stays on even after releasing it.

The Joyetech has never failed, and it use it most. The switch on the Joyetech is way nicer and made completely different than the knock offs. The battery contact is made way better than the knock offs. The threading is better than the knock offs. Comparing them side by side, you can tell the Joyetech is better quality.

Not to mention that the Joyetech outlasts the knock offs, even though the Joyetech is a lesser mAh battery than either of them.

Perhaps some of the knock offs are made in the same factory as the Joyetechs, I don't know. But if the ones I have are made in the same factory, they sure as heck are not made on the same lines, because they are NOT the same.

Not trying to start a debate, but if the OP want's advice on what to buy, I'm just telling my experience being a new Ego user myself. I will never buy a non Joyetech product again.

I used knock off and real Joyetech 510XL batteries for a good while and had good luck with both the knock offs and the Joyetech versions. However, I did get a knock off charger (correct output, etc.) that would kill a battery in a second.

X P3 Flight Engineer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Moncton, N.B. Canada
If Joye made a pass-through battery that was modulated at 3.7 volts I would gladly pay the extra money for their level of quality.

As far as I know, they don't at this time so I don't even consider their 3.4 volt pass-through products and wouldn't even if their price was lower than the 3.7 knockoffs.

This is just my personal preference and I realize that millions of people around the world are happy with their Joye products and that is the main objective. I am happy with what I have but I wouldn't tell others that they shouldn't be happy with what they have.

If everyone agreed on one e-cig and juice, this forum would be very boring!

Relax!
Enjoy!

Ryan87

Apr 5, 2012
Saskatchewan
*UPDATE*
I know I have not been on in quite some time to let everyone know what I have decided, I was out of town and did not get a chance to try out my new gear till today.

Anyway, I went with the Ego-c with the vv and pass-through. I also got a bunch of sr and lr boge cartos and I love it! To be honest, now that I am now using the sr boge cartos on my 510 I am actually very impressed what a difference it made and really enjoy it almost as much as my ego ;) I could not be happier vaping instead of real cigs, especially in the morning sitting outside drinking my coffee vaping my ch cherry bacco from jugheads. I have not had a chance to try all the other flavors I got, but on top of it all jugheads sent me 3 extra flavors to try which I thought was very cool!!!

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
Most users start with 510 or 808's, then want more :) I did too! I went to a GLV SM next (3.7), then I did get an ego passthru for back up, It works great but I do not like how my juices taste on it. My next upgrade is a Provari mini, love it. If you want to save some $'s step up and jump over the middle products and get the best. I spent way more $'s on other types (808's) than I spent on the Provari. Just a thought :) If you are not ready I understand, you may just love the ego! bnrk

Toronto_Mike

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 2, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Most users start with 510 or 808's, then want more :) I did too! I went to a GLV SM next (3.7), then I did get an ego passthru for back up, It works great but I do not like how my juices taste on it. My next upgrade is a Provari mini, love it. If you want to save some $'s step up and jump over the middle products and get the best. I spent way more $'s on other types (808's) than I spent on the Provari. Just a thought :) If you are not ready I understand, you may just love the ego! bnrk

1 Provari = 2.5 cartons of cigarettes - Do the math. Every vaper who quit smoking deserves a Provari.

DKS-1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2011
VA/NC and NLV Land
Congrats on finding a setup that you love! That is probably the toughest obstacle to overcome when making the switch.

Very true. It kills me how many people I've told "don't buy crap from gas stations" and they still come back with some piece of junk and try to tell me how vaping sucks.

OP, congrats on a good purchase. Best of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread