Want to start DIY - help me

Status
Not open for further replies.

whosrandy

ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2013
Hey guys. I'm looking to start DIYing and looking to create some stellar flavors. what hardware would you recommend, without having to upgrade it a month down the line? I'd like to keep costs at a minimum, and gear that lasts. Also, I'm finding I love dripping so I want max vg. My favorite flavors are custards. Are there any starter custard kits out there?

Sorry it's all been answered before but this is what forums are all about!

Thank you so much.

My current favorite flacor consists of kiwii, vanilla custard /strawberry, touch of cinnamon.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
When you say hardware do you mean mixing hardware or vaping hardware. vaping hardware is a personal choice and really up to the individual. If your talking about Mixing hardware read my blog on supplies for the new DYI'er.

Just click the number next to "Blog entries" under my avatar to the left.

williebb123

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2010
Mount Shasta California
read the DIY section till you think you got a handle on it or you start to go insane we will still be here to answer the unknowns and also remember DIY has aspects of personal preference just like when choosing what juices you liked or disliked everybody has their own querks of what type of tools to be used most use plastic syringes others use glass some use grad. cylinders and some use nothing at all and mix by weight so if that has opened your eyes get the popcorn ready its gonna be a long nite

SpyderBite

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2011
Sedona, AZ
I use 10cc and a 1cc (ml) syringes, disposable latex gloves, and that's about it. I mix directly into clean empty bottles so I don't need lab cylinders and such.

I am always looking in eBay for a machine that will shake my bottles but I have yet to find one. A guy I buy juice from when I'm in Colorado has such a machine but I keep forgetting to ask him what it is XD

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
I use 10cc and a 1cc (ml) syringes, disposable latex gloves, and that's about it. I mix directly into clean empty bottles so I don't need lab cylinders and such.

I am always looking in eBay for a machine that will shake my bottles but I have yet to find one. A guy I buy juice from when I'm in Colorado has such a machine but I keep forgetting to ask him what it is XD
Someone on here mentioned a while back about using a model paint shaker.something like this.
Robart Hobby Paint Shaker Model 411 Great for Crafts Kits | eBay

whosrandy

ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2013
NICE. I was able to sell a razor from my other "hobby" and now have $125 to invest in a great DIY kit.

Some of the flavor profiles that I love are custards / cakes / cereals. I looove those base flavors so much. Is there a list of recommended ingredients for a startup flavor kit around these ingredients or am I on my own to pick them out? Should I just go through and find recipes I like, buying the ingredients?

So far, I've looked at TFA via Perfumers Apprentice site. Is this the best source? I saw TFA @ Wizard Labs, but am wondering if it's the same thing. WL seems to be cheaper - 8ml for a few cents more than 4ml @ TPA.

Also, is water soluble flavors okay to use instead of PG versions??

xcrazydx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2014
United States
NICE. I was able to sell a razor from my other "hobby" and now have $125 to invest in a great DIY kit.

Some of the flavor profiles that I love are custards / cakes / cereals. I looove those base flavors so much. Is there a list of recommended ingredients for a startup flavor kit around these ingredients or am I on my own to pick them out? Should I just go through and find recipes I like, buying the ingredients?

So far, I've looked at TFA via Perfumers Apprentice site. Is this the best source? I saw TFA @ Wizard Labs, but am wondering if it's the same thing. WL seems to be cheaper - 8ml for a few cents more than 4ml @ TPA.

Also, is water soluble flavors okay to use instead of PG versions??

One vendor does not have all the best flavors. You need to buy from multiple sources and find which ones are best from each source.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread