Wanting to Vape and issues with Blu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jbmitchell

Jul 4, 2013
Texas
Although it looks like people have already help you I figured I'd give you my experience with ecigs and hopefully it will help you.

My first experience with e cigs in general was horrible. I tried the disposable blues infinitys and njoy(by chance). Didn't like any of them. Actually they turned me off of e cig all together. I like menthol and in each one I could taste the menthol when it was brand new but after 5 mins it was gone and the flavore wasn't all that great.

In my thinking at the time was if I didn't like the $10 version what would happen if I bought the $60-120 version? Probably wind up in the trash and I'm out the money. I don't like wasting money on something I'm not enjoying.

Well long story short I ran into a guy holding what looked like a 6 inch Empire State Building and asked what in the world is that? Turned out to be a pv mod and soon found out there was an e cig store in my town that recently opened, tried their flavors (WAY better than anything else).

Talked my self into buying a ego twist 1100 mah kit. The reasoning is like I said earlier I don't like to waste money the difference isn't much at the store from a fix voltage smaller battery and my setup and I didn't want to turn around and buy the next step in batteries 10 days later.

I love the vv so much because in the beginning when getting use to vapor you can turn the voltage all the way down in the morning, get used to it and turn it back up.

Lol I said long story short...not so short :D

Jazzi Mike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2013
Michigan
I like the look of the eroll but NOT at $80, i like the price of the ego-as but not the look. I have no problem being chained to a charger since I am already in that boat with my phone. I like the look and price of the 510 but not if the reviews sucks.

You should check out the 'mini' ego batteries. You can get ego batteries that are 350-450mah that are smaller than the regular batteries. That is what I started on since I didn't care for the size of the ego.

Smoktech Mini 450mah EGO Manual Switch Battery

SVC MicroBURST 400mah Battery

400mah Mini Ego Battery

Got Vapes also has Vision Spinners in 400mah size, meaning they still have variable voltage:
VISION Spinner Variable Voltage eGo 3.3-4.8v 400mah - WHITE [gv-VisionSpinner400mah-WHITE] - $24.95 : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

cramptholomew

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Maryland

I have 2 Vision 400mAh batteries. The battery life in the 400mAh isn't the best. I get MAYBE 5 hours out of them, depending on how heavily I hit them, and how much voltage I use. I try to use 1.8ohm coils, so that I don't have to up the voltage to get a decent vape. That said, they only take about 1.25 hours to charge, so they're back up and running quickly. I bought 2 650mAh batteries after the first two weeks, so that I had backups, and ones that lasted a little longer.

peraspera

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
midwest
I like the look of the eroll but NOT at $80, i like the price of the ego-as but not the look. I have no problem being chained to a charger since I am already in that boat with my phone. I like the look and price of the 510 but not if the reviews sucks.

Rocky Mountain has the JOYE eRoll Starter Kit for less. It is pretty much the best in class for a cig-alike. It's super easy to use and since you pop the battery back into the very small, stylish iPhone type 1,000 mAh PCC after taking a few vapes it's always charged and ready to go for the entire day. You also need a blunt needle bottle to fill the cartridges with juice. Try the discount code 20rocky for 20% off. I can't verify the code without signing up or going through the checkout process. People in the eRoll forum say that Rocky Mountain throws in an extra cone for free so you end up with two complete batteries.

This is a video review of the eMini/eRoll. They are the identical product sold under different brand names.

peraspera

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
midwest
Pre-filled cartomizers such as the ones the Blu kits use are ridiculously expensive and, to be kind, the quality is usually spotty. It takes about thirty seconds to fill the eRoll cartridges and requires no skill at all. Probably the most popular place to get inexpensive nicotine e-liquid (juice) is Mount Baker Vapor. Halo is more expensive but their tobacco juices are quite popular. They have sample packs available.

If you smoked more than a pack a day start out with trying 18 mg. and 24 mg. juice. If less than that try 12 mg. and 18 mg. A mixture of 70% PG and 30% VG is pretty standard. The PG carries flavor. Although the nicotine level is largely responsible for throat hit PG helps with that as well. Higher VG produces more vapor but also mutes flavor.

Try at least one or two non-tobacco flavors. Many die-hard tobacco enthusiasts are shocked to learn that they actually prefer non-tobacco flavors for vaping.

Jazzi Mike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2013
Michigan
Those should probably be decent batteries. The CE4s kinda suck. In my experience, they usually only last a few refills before they start to lose their zing. Despite this, they should be a good way to see if you like vaping at a reasonable cost.

If yu do enjoy it, you should probably get different clearomizers. The CE4s are pretty good as far as flavor and throat hit are concerned, but lack the reliablilty of most other clearos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread