RDA warning for patriot users

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this is something I came across on my patriot 2 and I'd assume the previous patriot models are the same. This happened to me awhile back before I had a profile here and I thought I'd put it up for the masses. I'm not sure if this has been addressed here at all so my apologies if I'm beating a dead horse.

I went to clean my patriot and everything was going fine. I blew into the post holes to get the water out and I felt something fly by my ear. I looked around my bathroom and found a teeny tiny pin that belongs inside the bottom portion of the post as a base to hold the wire in place when you tighten your screws.

Upon further inspection I had already blown the pins out of the other posts too! After a good deal of nervous searching I was fortunate enough to find them ALL and replace them. One was sitting just millimeters away from my sink drain...PHEW. since then I make sure to hold my thumb over the top of the post holes when I blow into them, and this solves the problem.

This struck me as odd. It seems like a high end rda such as the patriot would have solid posts through and through. I can't really say if this has any effect on the vape quality, or if there's any particular reason innovape made their product this way, but there ya have it.

Last edited:

SLIPPY_EEL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Ω England Ω
they pins are for stopping you cutting through the wire with your screw, i didnt know if thats what you were asking.

you can, i just shake dry my atty's and give the 510 pin and post holes a shot of air from my mouth or if you leave the coil on then when youve reinstalled the atty on your mod you can fire it up and get some heat going to dry it out further.

Last edited:
they pins are for stopping you cutting through the wire with your screw, i didnt know if thats what you were asking.

you can, i just shake dry my atty's and give the 510 pin and post holes a shot of air from my mouth or if you leave the coil on then when youve reinstalled the atty on your mod you can fire it up and get some heat going to dry it out further.

ya I see why they're there, I just always figured the portion of the post below the post hole was a solid piece of metal. Like they drill in through the top for the screws and through the side for the post holes, but that the bottom half was solid, as opposed to the entire post essentially being hollow if that makes sense. I'm not sure maybe this is just standard practice for rdas in general.

Blowing into the post holes was actually what caused the pins to fly out. A little bit of air pressure slipped underneath and they popped right out lol.

If you like it, buy another. The clones are going for about ten bucks shipped from Angelcigs. Shipped from USA.

My plume veil 1.5 is suppose to get here tomorrow according to the shipping tracker :D super stoked for that. the patriot is a solid atty and it's served me well, but all things considered it's pretty basic. The way they did the afc on the patriot 2 is a bit of hassle having to pick off the o rings every time you wanna put on/take off a ring. I usually just keep the rings off and lift the top cap a bit when I want more airflow. I think I'll end up being happier with the plume veil.

SLIPPY_EEL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Ω England Ω
i'm always taking o-rings off and cleaning things, if you have one of those metal toothpicks they are the best thing i've found so far for getting em off easier than say a flat driver etc.

i still use my plumeveil's alot but i like turning the barrel part upside down for even more airflow lol just throwing idea's out there :)

edit: i use chuff enuff style 2in1 driptips with plumeveil and hot builds.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread