Was gotvapes hacked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

klynnn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2012
prattville
I got an email from them that said there were pfishing problems.

In the past week GotVapes has been cloned as e-gotvapes.com for phishing purposes. Phishing is an attempt to get your log in details and credit card information.

Just be careful that gotvapes.com and not e-gotvapes.com displays in the address bar of your browser. Type gotvapes.com directly in your address bar to go directly to our site. Some people are winding up at the bogus e-gotvapes.com site by clicking on Google search results that appear to be our site which is why they are using a similar looking name to fool the unsuspecting.

There is no redirect script occurring so the only way you wind up at the bogus site is possibly via a Google or other search engine result.

We already had one attempt shut down earlier in the week. We are actively trying to get this latest attempt shut down also but it is the weekend so it may not be until Monday when this is cleared up.

You are fine and safe as long as you make sure you are actually at OUR site and no variation of our name.

If you place items in your cart then go to check out and it takes you off site to pay for your purchase STOP right there as we only process credit cards through a secure layer (https) on our site. WE DO NOT redirect yoru payment information.

thanks!
Daniel
GotVapes.com

ambientech

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2011
somewhere
Interesting. Yes, I initially attempted to enter the site though a Google search, and got to the Danish site instead. I can get to your main page by typing the URL directly into the browser, but clicking any link on the main page brings me to the Danish site (promgirl.de).

Daniel say's there is no redirects going on and it works fine for everyone else so it is malware on your computer. Time to runs some scans....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread