Wasp Nano safe to squonk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
For what it's worth, as I type I am using a Wasp Nano with the squonk pin which came with it, atop an Aspire Feedlink semi regulated mod.

As a favourite atomiser it has replaced my two Origen Littles for flavour and ease of building. I'm running it with a 0.5 ohm spaced single coil and find it great for flavour.

I just tightened down the squonk pin when I changed it over and I truthfully cannot say it leaks.

YMMV.

wasp.jpg

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
FWIW, my stock Wasp Nano never leaked (but i did add an extended drip tip to it because of the sub ohm build I ran in it for DL that depending on the DIY being ran it sometimes spit back at my long draws on it... 26Ga SS316L 4.0mm 5 Wrap 0.47Ω w/4mm Ready X Wick that made it a great flavor atty for my style).

Pico SqueezeX2+P67.jpg

I mostly ran the Wasp Nano on an eleaf Pico Squeeze when out and about running short errands in the wee hours of the night just tossed in a shirt pocket like a pack of stinkies.

Reactions: Falconeer

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Interesting theory, but I've seen no correlation between the pin hole type and whether a squonk rda leaks. And I've got...oh I don't know, probably 100 squonk RDA's.
Fact is that MOST rda leaking occurs at the seal between the cap and deck rather than at the pin. And those that seep at the pin...it seems kind of random. I can't correlate it to the hole or to anything else, but it's frankly not a common issue.
I actually didn't like the Wasp when it was new, or when it became super-popular. But recently I tried one again, like it, and have another on the way. No leaking at all with the one I'm using right now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread