Watts, Ohms and Clones Oh My

Status
Not open for further replies.

dixiejohn

Verified Member
Dec 19, 2011
Carlisle PA
Watts, Ohms and Clones Oh My, I Kind of feel like Dorothy in OZ with lions, tigers and bears.
I have gotten some very good information from the kind people here and once again I need some help.
A brief history is I started vaping about 2 years ago but got tired of the constant hunt for the right equipment, juice and ect. so I went back to the analogs.
In the recent months my wife and I have visited several vape shops in our travels and havebeen surprised how far things have advanced in just a couple of years.
When I quit vaping I had purchased a Apollo Vtube & ProVari which sat in a box till now.
I recently purchased some Nautilus & Kanger tanks and are now 10 days off the analogs (after 30 years & 2+ packs a day) and I’m not going back this time.
I use my ProVari during the day while I’m at work just because its idiot proof and I don’t have to fiddle with things except maybe change a battery or add some juice.
What I’m searching for is advice on a mechanical mod setup that I can get a good heavy vape from.
I have become overwhelmed reading about ohms,sub-ohms, rebuildable coils, clones and the like.
I’m very mechanical inclined and have no problems building coils and alike but I just don’t know where to start and what equipment to start with. I don’t want to buy a piece of junk only to have to upgrade in a couple of months. I’ve got enough junk from my last go around with vaping.
On the other hand my wife wants something small that gives her a good vape.
Right now she is using the small E-Joy VV battery with the mini Kanger tank.
I think she would be good with a small VV box style of some type. I have seen several but not sure what’s available that’s worth a crap.
She just wants something that she doesn’t have to fiddle with and is light and compact. She hates my ProVari or anything of that size or weight.
Any help with any of this would be greatly appreciated.

TXBiker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2014
Center of Texas
I put my wife on a MVP2 she loves it and said her mini nauti has come to life for her. It's 11w max but she runs her bvc at 8 to 9.5w. The MVP is small fairly light and fits her small hands well. I looked at alot of mechs and when I finally made a decision I went with a regulated mod instead. My IPV2 gets me where I want to be and then some I'll never go over 50w. I use 3 attys that work well for me the tugboat with a mild build an orchid v2 in the shop tuning and a big dripper that I'm zeroing in on a build. I still might do a mech if one I really like comes along.

laramik

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2011
Chicago
The provari is an awesome device and I think you can still get a lot of use out of it and still get a killer vape that can get you off analogs. In fact, if you look at a recent thread posted on here one of them is best devices of 2014. I think the provari is still showing as top of that list. If you really want to get off the analogs, start by finding a great juice. Avejuice makes Bobas bounty and hype. Those were what did it for me and I know several others. If you're not getting enough vapor or your hits are just too light and airy then definitely stay away from the kanger style tanks that currently seem to be the go to entry level tank. While they are simple to use, I found that I couldn't get them to give me the type of lung and throat hit that I wanted without also burning them. Good old 510 dual coil cartos are what did it for me. I found the vape warmer and thicker and they didn't leave me wanting. If you really want to go the rebuild able route then definitely spend some time in a local vape shop to see what really works for you. I think I bought 10 rdas before I found my vape of choice. I would have saved a lot of time and money if I had just sat at a vape shop for a few hours instead of just buying and seeing what stuck. Vaping is a very personal thing when it comes to taste and what you like. Those are the things that did it for me and my smoking history was quite similar to yours. If the provari isn't up to snuff for you, I would at least try a rda first with a standard ohm build at like 1.5-1.8. A kayfun tank is a rebuild able tank that hits well. Just be careful with your nicotine level of juice. Rda and rebuild able tanks will hit wayyyy harder with the nicotine than a carto or kanger tank. I remember trying my standard 25 mg Nic juice with a kayfun. I was green for a day. Whatever you do, don't quit trying! You will find something that works for you and you'll never look back. I like vaping way more than I ever did smoking and it's because I found the right equipment that works for me. You will too and believe me you will never be sorry you kept at it. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread