"weak battery" message of EVolv Dna 75 Chip Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

thealienvaper

Nov 25, 2016
Hey there. my name's joe. I live in the USA. I just got a new mod from fasttech.com and I have a question about it. Specifically a "weak battery" message that i keep see flashing on my board whenever i hit the fire button. The vape's still working and producing power during hits but the message is just annoying to see..The mod is an Etaliens X3, with a built in Evol DNA 75 Chip. The battery i takes it 18650 or 26650. Yes, interchangable. You can fit a 18650 battery by simply placing a tube adapter around the 18650 battery. I'm getting the "weak battery" message when I use the 18650 battery or the 26650. I'm only firing it at 35 watts by the way. The problem occurs even below 35. The manual doesn't really say how to change Temp or Ni or SS, so..those settings haven't bin touched since unpackaging. The 18650 battery I'm using is an Samsung 25R5. And the 26650 battery i'm using is an iJoy INR 26650 battery. Both recommended batteries that I checked were authentic. And yes, both batteries are charged to the max using my Nitecored D4 Charger Port. So, my idea for all this is maybe the "weak battery" message is just something that pops up for no reason and is no reason for alarm. OR the battery contact are maybe out of place. Any others reasons you can think of? It can't be the batteries. (for extra credit: 5 clicks-any clicks-wont turn off this device. and i read you cant turn off an evolv dna75 chip, is that right? Should I just take out battery every time i want to put it down??) THANK YOU. here's 2 links to the mod: first is a short video of the etaliens x3 from the main website- then is the description and actual pics from fasttech

$108.95 Authentic ETALIENS E.T-X3 75W VW TC APV Box Mod - 1*26650 / aluminum at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

GBalkam

Apr 29, 2016
iJoy INR 26650 battery. Both recommended batteries that I checked were authentic
You know, Ijoy doesn't make batteries. How can it be authentic?
What resistance are you running at? Factory coil or one you made?
I also noticed a couple forums where the owners stated the problem just fixed itself. Probably they fixed something without realizing it. lol.
Could be a loose coil or dirty 510 connection. Hard to say.

GBalkam

Apr 29, 2016
The evolv DNA 75 chip is known to do this.
You need to google this and follow the trail.
I do know that the word 'firmware' comes up a lot. Once I see that word, I stop reading.
Does that model even have a firmware update? I didn't see one mentioned on fasttech or I would have suggested an upgrade. (which is what some others have done)

Reactions: djsvapour

kiba

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
Alexandria, Va, USA
www.facebook.com
Hey there, if you have not updated the firmware through escribe do that now, if you already have, "weak battery" just means the board is not getting the power it needs to do what it's trying to do... my guess would be high guage wiring or improper solders, Chinese manufacturers are known for that...

I had a similar issue with an hcigar mod I had, opened it up and looked at the wiring, it was junk, why they thought wiring that thin would be adequate I'll never know, but that is probably your issue, If, your sure the batts are authentic.

First things first, get another confirmed authentic batt, preferably Samsung 30q (best batt for this board & also least likely to be fake) and check again.

Last edited:

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I'll answer the bonus question. No, DNA boards do not click "on or off". They go to sleep/off when sitting around on their own. No babysitting required. However, you should lock the mod if you throw it in your pocket/bag.

All DNA boards get their firmware updated directly from Evolv, not the manufacturer of the mod. Have you checked that your profiles are properly set, and that stuff like battery type is entered correctly? EScribe is useful for troubleshooting all sorts of problems. You can even use Device monitor to fire the mod and see just what is really happening to your voltage during those "weak battery" notices.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
OK, before going any further, the first issue is running a Mac. EScribe is a software package that allows you to customize, control, and update your mod. It is downloaded from Evolv. It is only available for Win. Can you run Boot camp or something to allow you to run Win on your Mac? If not, do not pass go.

thealienvaper

Nov 25, 2016
to eskie:

this will get rid of the "weak battery" message i get 1 second after hitting the fire button? is there some faster way? im impatient and really uneducated when it comes to computers and programs...but if there is no other way: what specific website do i download this escribe on Mac? and how much work does it take?

to mongo:

you mean like a pencil eraser? and also, im gonna go to a different vape shop and see if they can try different batteries before i buy one to see if one of those will stop making that message pop up. if that doesnt work, i'll try this dumb escribe .... out (dont know how if i have an imac). and if that doesnt work ill return this junk.

Reactions: Eskie

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Hey there. my name's joe. I live in the USA. I just got a new mod from fasttech.com and I have a question about it. Specifically a "weak battery" message that i keep see flashing on my board whenever i hit the fire button. The vape's still working and producing power during hits but the message is just annoying to see..The mod is an Etaliens X3, with a built in Evol DNA 75 Chip. The battery i takes it 18650 or 26650. Yes, interchangable. You can fit a 18650 battery by simply placing a tube adapter around the 18650 battery. I'm getting the "weak battery" message when I use the 18650 battery or the 26650. I'm only firing it at 35 watts by the way. The problem occurs even below 35. The manual doesn't really say how to change Temp or Ni or SS, so..those settings haven't bin touched since unpackaging. The 18650 battery I'm using is an Samsung 25R5. And the 26650 battery i'm using is an iJoy INR 26650 battery. Both recommended batteries that I checked were authentic. And yes, both batteries are charged to the max using my Nitecored D4 Charger Port. So, my idea for all this is maybe the "weak battery" message is just something that pops up for no reason and is no reason for alarm. OR the battery contact are maybe out of place. Any others reasons you can think of? It can't be the batteries. (for extra credit: 5 clicks-any clicks-wont turn off this device. and i read you cant turn off an evolv dna75 chip, is that right? Should I just take out battery every time i want to put it down??) THANK YOU. here's 2 links to the mod: first is a short video of the etaliens x3 from the main website- then is the description and actual pics from fasttech

$108.95 Authentic ETALIENS E.T-X3 75W VW TC APV Box Mod - 1*26650 / aluminum at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

The weak battery issue on the DNA 75 is a known flaw on the DNA board, and the reason i tell people to avoid the DNA 75 till they fix this issue.

Reactions: elPescador

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
I have a 20 watt DNA aluminum box, its not storebought but built then sold to me. Well I use to buy my batts from coops in this forum (2 minutes of silence for coops being quashed) so they are genuine. This DNA20 hitter will shut down in mid vape if the battery sags too much. It especially does it with older batteries and now with cold batteries so back to batts that don't push enough power to run the chip to your vape specs. I pull the batt out then into the charger and it says 4.0 volts on the charger. I'm assuming this is with all DNA chips and as a safety feature. My provari will use the same battery and have no issues with sag and vape right down to 3.6 volts before it flashes. Being somewhat I dunno batteries made who knows where that might be clones would definitely cause issues if your DNA chip acts the same as mine.

Cheallaigh

Ultra Member
Aug 13, 2016
Georgian Bay, Ontario
okay... first off...

your batteries are a wrap if they are ijoys.. please replace them with something like sony VTC6, samsungs, or LG HG2 batteries for the 18650, which(i don't use the 26's so can't advise).

if you have a friend or such who has windows, see if you can get the program on their computer long enough to properly update your mod so it works properly... macs are nice enough, but sadly not enough things work with them, they're too much of a pain... oh and fyi since you're not tech savy, if someone told you mac's don't get viruses and you don't have anti-virus software... they lied... they can get them, they're just less as likely so get viruses and their close cousin malware, get protection.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
to eskie:

this will get rid of the "weak battery" message i get 1 second after hitting the fire button? is there some faster way? im impatient and really uneducated when it comes to computers and programs...but if there is no other way: what specific website do i download this escribe on Mac? and how much work does it take?

I don't know if it will get rid of the weak battery display, but it's a good place to start. There is no version you can download for a Mac. You have to either put Windows on your Mac and choose whether to run OSX or Win on booting up, or not to use EScribe. If you cannot run EScribe you are missing out on a big reason to have a DNA mod to begin with and might want to reconsider the purchase if you still can return it for credit. As to work, the software isn't terribly complicated and there are lots of tutorials to help with that. Setting up your Mac to dual boot isn't that hard either, although it does mean investing in more software.

Reactions: daviedog

daviedog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
Florida
You could go to the library & use their Win computer. That's what i did,, escribe is free.

Go through the tutorial first, 20 minutes.
Go to escribe, see when your board was programmed, download service packs, set up your profiles.
I'm not a computer whiz, & was surprised at how easy it was.
You can also go to the DNA forum for advice or tips. Windows not required.
Good luck..

Reactions: Cheallaigh
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread