Status
Not open for further replies.

TVChris

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Oakland, CA
PHP:
I see I'm not the only one complaining about this...they appear to ignore their customers here too! This looks really bad on people who recommend this company to others...talk about embarrassing!

To the guy above me...dude this was going on last year and it's still going on lmao...

I honestly have no idea what problems you are referring to. Thousands of people browse our site every day, and hundreds place orders without a problem. When we have a problem reported to us we look into it immediately. We also have a toll free number you can call if you ever experience problems and we are happy to take your order over the phone.

Once every now and then someone contacts us and tells us they are experiencing a problem placing an order on the website. The problems many times (not always) end up being some kind of compatibility problem between the browser the customer is using. Sorry you feel ignored. We listen. We check for problems. We update technology. Unfortunately whatever we do ends up not working for everybody.

Drewps5co0tt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2011
So is the guy who created this thread also imagining website issues? Both of us have explained what the problem is, your site bails on people and just stops responding! Is there also something wrong with his browsers as well?

There is nothing wrong with my browsers, I go to any other site without problems. Try again!

Drewps5co0tt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2011
Just tried with Firefox...as you can clearly see this is a server problem from YOUR end, not mine or not any other customers.

The connection has timed out

The server at tastyvapor.us is taking too long to respond.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
moments.
If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

Drewps5co0tt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2011
Also going to give an example on what is happening, I'm sure there are other examples but this one is mine.

I go to the site Welcome to Tasty Vapor, it loads (sometimes lol) then I click on shopping to go shopping (that loads sometimes too) and I click on 1 ounce nic juices (that loads sometimes) and once I'm on the first product page for the 1 ounce nic juices, I can't go any further! If I try to go to the next page (page 2) to view more 1 ounce nic juices the site is dead...nothing more will load and eventually I get taken too...

The connection has timed out

The server at tastyvapor.us is taking too long to respond.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
moments.
If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

Not sure what about this you don't understand but this is really frustrating! It doesn't matter what browser I use (I've tried them all), it doesn't matter what computer I use (it does it on any computer), and it doesn't matter who's internet connection I'm using...the problem still remains! And it's only with YOUR site...for me personally I've been having this issue with your site for almost a year now!

Drewps5co0tt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2011
Oddly enough, I just remembered "hey I have an iPad, let me try to access the site on that and see what happens"...everything works perfectly (same internet connection and everything that my pc is on.)

There is something going on then with the PC browsers that are conflicting with TV's site (whether it be a server conflict, coding or what I dunno) but something is going on.

At least now I know I can just use my pad to ues their site. But please look into the problem TV and don't just ignore it.

Thanks

Drewps5co0tt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2011
Another update...

I've done some more experimenting, I downloaded Safari for my pc and the site works on Safari on my pc like a champ...just like on the iPad! However, using any other browser I have nothing but issues with tasyvapor.us Again, there is something that is not setup properly on their side of things that is causing this, perhaps they are Apple fanboys and hating on Windows?

LOL!

Mr. Tasty Vapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Everything great on this end, across the board, checked on IE, Chrome, Safari, Firefox. Everything works like a champ. Looked at the logs, lots of people browsing and placing orders. But yes, I understand, if one two people out of 15,000 customers is having a problem, then the website is screwed up, right?

pfft. Please.

unirevolt

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2011
MD
I was going to send this as a PM...but after the replies, I don't feel it deserves the secrecy.

Don't really know where to start this, guess I want to say I'm embarrassed that I posted my issue with the site in Dayvid's thread. I didn't want to open a 3rd topic on it. I agree that he showed a lack of maturity and went a bit overboard.

Of the tons and tons of people that go to the site, how many of them experience problems and never complete the order. Like I said in my post, the site dumped my cart after idle for 5 mins. That shouldn't happen. A first impression is everything. Maybe the site does "hiccup" on the other people, and they just navigate away from it. Maybe you're not concerned about the potential loss of revenue from this. I sure you guys do just fine.

To state "This is all VERY VERY common" .... it's not. The last time I had so much trouble with a site was the last time the lavatanks were sold here. But at least then there were hundreds of people hitting refresh every second they could. The servers couldn't handle the load. I seriously doubt your site sees that type of activity.

Chris posted "Once every now and then someone contacts us and tells us they are experiencing a problem placing an order on the website" and then states "The problems many times (not always) end up being some kind of compatibility problem between the browser the customer is using". -- If there is a compatibility issue with IE or Firefox, fix it, or let us know what the problem is on our end so we can.

That statement from Chris shows that there are more than 3 people having a problem. Blaming it on your customers is not the solution.

TVChris

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Oakland, CA
I was going to send this as a PM...but after the replies, I don't feel it deserves the secrecy.

Don't really know where to start this, guess I want to say I'm embarrassed that I posted my issue with the site in Dayvid's thread. I didn't want to open a 3rd topic on it. I agree that he showed a lack of maturity and went a bit overboard.

Of the tons and tons of people that go to the site, how many of them experience problems and never complete the order. Like I said in my post, the site dumped my cart after idle for 5 mins. That shouldn't happen. A first impression is everything. Maybe the site does "hiccup" on the other people, and they just navigate away from it. Maybe you're not concerned about the potential loss of revenue from this. I sure you guys do just fine.

To state "This is all VERY VERY common" .... it's not. The last time I had so much trouble with a site was the last time the lavatanks were sold here. But at least then there were hundreds of people hitting refresh every second they could. The servers couldn't handle the load. I seriously doubt your site sees that type of activity.

Chris posted "Once every now and then someone contacts us and tells us they are experiencing a problem placing an order on the website" and then states "The problems many times (not always) end up being some kind of compatibility problem between the browser the customer is using". -- If there is a compatibility issue with IE or Firefox, fix it, or let us know what the problem is on our end so we can.

That statement from Chris shows that there are more than 3 people having a problem. Blaming it on your customers is not the solution.

We do take it seriously. Of coarse the only way to know when problems come up are when we hear from you guys that take the time to let us know, and we appreciate it. We are not IT people, so we use very good IT people. We rely on these people to keep our site running, and what I was stating is that they do a very good job of it. There is no website that works 100% all of the time. I'm sorry you had to be the unlucky ones that experienced problems with it. We use a very big name, very reliable company to host our site. For those of you not savvy, it is an orchestration between the actual website, the software that takes the orders, the software that takes the credit card info and the software that charges the shipping. These are constantly updated and customized for our business. Does it sound like we take it lightly? There are possible reasons why your cart emptied, and it is correct that it was not supposed to do that. I have never had anybody report that problem to me before. Did you just happen to be loading your cart when our people were installing a update? Was there a glitch with our host? If you have any suggestions I'd be more than happy to listen. I did not intend to blame all of the problems on our customers, and did not intend to blame this mishap on you or your computer. And I guess I'm asking you humbly to cut us a little slack, we do try, and we do care.

Mr. Tasty Vapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
We do take things seriously, but we also consider a number of factors when we see a complaint like "your website is screwed up man". The website is programmed to perform a series of functions and is tested to perform with the largest portion of browsers out on the market. If a huge number of people using a particular browser is having an issue, then clearly, the site needs to be looked at, but there too, are some considerations:

1. Which browser is being used?
2. Which VERSION of the browser is being used?

If a large number of people are getting "timed out", then something is going on with our host company.

If only a couple of people are having issues of the number of customers we have, then the problem really isn't with the website and is MORE than likely something a little bit more local.

A lot of people don't consider if their ISP is having issues. A lot of people don't consider emptying their browser cache and reloading the page.

It's not that we're not taking anybody seriously, but we are considering all of the factors that come into play, because really, there is more to consider than just taking for face value that OUR website is screwed up when a couple of people can't see it.

Last edited:

Mr. Tasty Vapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I mean, we can be like every other company and offer you a complete patronizing lie like "I'm sorry you're having issues, but let me assure you, that we'll look into this immediately, thank you for being a valued customer".

We don't want to be like every other robot automaton company out there. We're not telling you the problem isn't with us because we don't care, or are shifting blame, it's because we know that the problem isn't with us and you should probably check into something a little more local (on your end).

Problems with our website become more apparent when there is a particular trend with a particular complaint. There has been no trend with any particular complaint here.

unirevolt

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2011
MD
"There has been no trend with any particular complaint here."

Really, you've got 3 people in a couple of days time posting in an obscure sub forum that the pages are not consistantly loading.

a complete patronizing lie like "I'm sorry you're having issues, but let me assure you, that we'll look into this immediately, thank you for being a valued customer".

Thanks for blaming something, somewhere else and not at least looking into it. You're correct, I'm not feeling valued.

"Working for an ISP I can vouch for the fact that 3/4 (this is a very low ball figure) of the people don't do the most basic of troubleshooting on their own before calling in."

What part of your ISP do you work for? CMTS, Node, or are you the call center rep that tells them to unplug their modem for 10 seconds then plug it back in, and then calls me when that doesn't work? Good day Sir

I'm done with this. I simply wanted to point out an issue.

Blargh23

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
Arizona, US
I know it sounds "wild and crazy." But, instead of going on about how horrible the website is -- providing some basic information that might help to pinpoint the problem, if you're not comfortable posting it publicly, send it in PM or email to the site owner, who can then possibly pass it on to their IT people.

OS and Version
Browser and Version
City and State
Internet Provider
(The last two are for finding out if it's a geographical or ISP-related trend)

Have you done basic troubleshooting:
Clear browser cache (either via the browser or via CCleaner)
Temporarily disabled any firewall or adblocking software
If you have a router, have you rebooted it?

Going all ARGLEBARGLE angry-man really doesn't accomplish much if you're actually looking for a fix. However, If you'd rather just spleen-vent about how horrible the site is, carry on, but keep in mind that it really doesn't accomplish anything useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread