Status
Not open for further replies.

Porphy

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2009
Lancaster, CA
www.AVEJuice.com
Thank you so very much. I just checked my order using the link you provided in my confirmation email. It does show that it is PENDING. I take it that means you do have it?

Indeed. "Pending" is the status the new site uses to mark when an order has been paid for and is waiting to be made. "Shipped" lets you know when it is out the door and on its way. (You'll also receive an e-mail with your shipping information at the same time the status is updated to "Shipped")

damselle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2012
New England
Now I feel bad . . . I had 15ml or so with me at the meet, plus a 6ml bottle of GJ to refill my iHy with :oops: If I'd realized you needed some I'd have shared.

Get your wish list loaded up tonight and be ready at 11 on the dot tomorrow morning to checkout. I'm glad I got in on one of the random openings, otherwise I'd still be out. I can't get an order in during the week since I'm at work when he opens

Dang, I'm working tomorrow and Wednesday. Maybe Thursday....wish list loaded!

Hay, it's the thought that counts, that you woulda!

adrkaushal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2012
India
oh well, i couldn't wait .. ordered from some other merchant. i'll need more juice in another couple of months. i'm sure the store will be taking orders in near future. i've never tried the boba bounty and gorilla and other alien juices ( :blink: ) but i've heard good things about them. i just wanted to order them now cuz i didn't like the bakery juices i ordered from some other store. oh well .. may be next time :2cool:

Fred Garvin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
On a side note, the server handled very well during its stress test today. Metaphorically, it got hit by a shotgun at close range and shrugged it off. As far as I know there were no communication errors, which was an issue during the redesign. Given the sudden load we experience at posted openings, an understandable issue.

I was part of those 2 horrible days in April, having my first order refunded since it didn't process correctly but the second day got through. Timeouts and lag were awful. The site response was completely bogged down like a DOS attack. It was frustrating to say the least.

My experience yesterday morning during the 4.5 minutes you were open and getting slammed: I didn't notice. Performance was excellent with immediate response.

Fred Garvin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Are we not opening the store today and what happened to all the Bobas and GJ they seem to have vanished from my cart/wish list :confused:

Sent while Hyper Vapin a Trippy tipped Reo

They did open for 9 minutes....from 10:08 to 10:17 (CDT)....I watched Boba's sell out in 2 mins and GJ 30 sec later....at least, I'm guessing they sold out and were removed from inventory, as they disappeared....but the store remained open another 6 minutes afterward. Maybe Ben is testing the ability to keep the store open but remove product to control orders?

Only a guess....

Bigfoot1974

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2010
Flemingsburg, KY
www.mammothskins.com
I finally got an order in for some BB today. I even had a customer here and told him that we needed to talk while I sat at my computer refreshing the website. Was worried for a couple minutes that he might not open today then horay the store was open and I was on it like white on rice. Thanks Ben, sites working great!!

damselle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2012
New England
I'm just really shocked all stock of BB and GJ were sold out in less than a total of 10 minutes :shock::shock::shock::shock: I would have had drums of those juices stocked up:)

Agreed. Just because the site has been down doesn't mean no juice can be made. Poor planning and poor customer service.

ckone180

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Agreed. Just because the site has been down doesn't mean no juice can be made. Poor planning and poor customer service.

Their entire existence of late has been nothing short of disappointing. I have to believe this is all done on purpose, as there can not really be this many crazy issues for one company, right? The lack of communication, the promises of updates that were never delivered, the shortage of product, long downtime, etc. the list keeps growing, and there are no answers, and the attempts have proven to be incorrect. I do remember reading where Ben said he was taking the downtime to stock up, not sure what happened there.

unsure

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Silicon Valley, California
Their entire existence of late has been nothing short of disappointing. I have to believe this is all done on purpose, as there can not really be this many crazy issues for one company, right? The lack of communication, the promises of updates that were never delivered, the shortage of product, long downtime, etc. the list keeps growing, and there are no answers, and the attempts have proven to be incorrect. I do remember reading where Ben said he was taking the downtime to stock up, not sure what happened there.

Frustration is totally understandable but on purpose? I can't see any senerio where that would make financial sense.

Fred Garvin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Frustration is totally understandable but on purpose? I can't see any senerio where that would make financial sense.

Yeah, I can't see that either. Maybe some poor decisions coupled with some dang bad luck, crossed with an unfortunate encounter with a lack of experience.....but on purpose? No.

Demand is incredible for their flagship products, Boba's and GJ. Monday they got 300+ orders in 4.5 minutes. "Orders".....how much "product" in total, who knows.....but I can believe they easily sold out what they stocked up....and did it quick.

ckone180

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2012
Charlotte, NC

You are taking me wrong. I am not frustrated at all. I received BB and GJ last week. I am just saying that I feel that all of this may have been a purposeful event. May heaps Ben wanted to take a vacation, or some other type of time consuming venture, and he felt that a website redesign was in order while he was out. Who knows? Not me, but I can not honestly believe that all of these things were simply coincidental accidents. Really? And in the midst of it all there were little to no updates or communication. That doesn't add up, but some people wouldn't admit it to themselves. That's completely normal and okay. I have a hard time justifying things that I feel so strong about as well. However, I just do not understand why a company with this kind of business practice continues to act like this is how business is done. Sure, companies that offer a one-of-a-kind product can get away with this nonsense, so it's a good thing thing he offers BB and the likes.

I'm really not frustrated, I am questioning why so many people defend these actions. Not trying to stop them, just trying to figure out why.

Fred Garvin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I'm really not frustrated, I am questioning why so many people defend these actions. Not trying to stop them, just trying to figure out why.

Don't wanna make Ben mad....

soup-nazi.jpg

damselle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2012
New England
I thought the website was down because of the cc thefts. That was understandable, that he would want to take time to ensure things were fixed. I don't understand why Ben stopped making juice all together. Why was it unavailable at COV and, what's the other place, smoketech? It doesn't make sense financially, or in any other way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread