Status
Not open for further replies.

mechanus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2012
Costa Rica
www.mechanus.org
Hey everyone, so I wanted to hold off before posting a thread until I successfully passed the test of fire with vaping. After reading this forum for about a month as a guest, I decided that it was time to kick the habit. After 15 years at 1PAD, I think I was at a crossroad: quit now or continue smoking and pay dire consequences later.

I think a lot of my habit consisted of the hand-to-mouth motion, so I looked for a something close to an analog to but actually had some decent performance. I went out and got a Volt (with 3 batteries - I already knew what I was getting into thanks to you wonderful people). Stocked up on juices from BCB, DCV, Vermillion, and Dekang, and just jumped right in.

It's official - I've kicked the habit. (a) It's been a week since my last analog; (b) I'm able to sit around other smokers without a craving for an analog; (c) I can sit and have an espresso without the insane, mind bending craving for an analog; and (d) (the big one for me) I can enjoy a few adult beverages without the need of an analog. vaping seems to have replaced all the associated social moments when I really had cravings. :2cool:

So here's my reflection on the last week:
- I sometimes do miss the smell of an analog - not burning, but the raisin type smell from a recently opened pack. I'm sure it'll pass, but there's a bit of nostalgia there.

- Oh god, how it's awesome not to feel a little self-conscious about bothering other people with your smoke. People still give me weird looks (maybe it's my purple, green, and white LEDs?), but hey, it's not stinking up the place at least.

- I've always been a night owl, but, for the love of god and all that is holy, what's going on with this insomnia? I know it's common, but if I keep going at this rate, I'll look more haggard, not because of smoking, but because I can't sleep!:blink:

- I never had a good sense of smell (ever) but at least I'm getting a little more sensitive.

- Jackets don't have to go to the cleaners as often! Yay! Indirect savings!

- You people are just about as a bad influence. Now did I not only convert my girlfriend over to vaping (she's also quitting after 10 years), I'm now somehow compelled (the power of vaping compels me?) to convert/suggest/nag/gently-shove-down-an-elevator-shaft-for-their-own-good-if-they-don't-convert any and all of my smoking friends to vaping.

- Oh, I forgot. You people are a bad influence. Not only do we somehow now own like 10 batteries, 50 cartos, 500ml of juice, a couple of X2s, color coordinated clearomizers, and several minor accessories, I definitely will be getting a GLV2 supermini before the year is out. Obviously. I thought I knew what I was getting into, but this is insane. Oh, I'm sure I'm going to save money in the long run, but wow, up front costs are insane (with you people egging others to buy more gear).

Anyway, hi! :2cool:

Cheers,
mechanus

kyokahn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2010
Costa Rica
Hi Mechanus! welcome to the forum!

You don't have to buy a lot of stuff, just find the right ones. I've been using my eGo and 510 combination for more than a year, just getting liquids. Go easy on the cartos, or any other disposables, we don't want to get our nice country contaminated by cartos as it has been with cigarette buds (tell that to people in downtown San José...)

Congrats on switching BTW! :)

I'm in CR too, and I've been around here for a while, if you need any help you can PM me at any time, also if you want to help me try out my DIY flavors, i'd appreciate it :)

mechanus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2012
Costa Rica
www.mechanus.org
Hey Kyokahn, I figured I might as well stock like crazy while I'm state-side before I move down there again. With our lovely president and congress, I wouldn't be surprised if we start getting hassled by customs.... which of course, now brings me to ask if you've had problems with couriers and customs bringing in gear?

kyokahn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2010
Costa Rica
wyfytangsh: welcome... interesting comment for a FIRST post... there are many possible causes for that, e-cigarettes are not for everyone, however, as any other thing, it does take a little effor and/or dedication to properly get into it, very few people switch immediately after trying, you just need to make sure you keep trying...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread