Status
Not open for further replies.

sbdivemaster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2013
Capra's Shangri-La
#2 5/28

Got too hot too quick, no painting... feeBay listings it is!

Boardo, I seriously recommend trying acupuncture before surgery - heck, I recommend you try it before you try PT. I know acupuncture is not a cure-all, but it can work where Western modalities don't. It's worth trying before getting drastic.

lisancentraltx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2009
Ringling Brothers Circus
CHAT -

I have read some things here about the problem with a supplier... I don't know what one... but they got my Card #... made over $150 in charges.....

Get everything verified with the bank and report to someone on ECF if it is a supplier... I don't know what all to do, but do something liblie1!

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
5/28 #4
Well now I have to go out today & sign for a new card...Then I will have to go out & pick up the card as she ordered it to the bank for me.... They will refund all of the charges & OD fees... Live & learn........Oh well.... I guess it could be worse... way worse......

Schnarph

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
Dripping Springs, TX
4. 5/28 -
Sorry about the really terrible "joke" earlier, not funny I know.

Sorry liblue, there is way too much CC fraud going on in the vaping community.
I've heard it's not the vape shops, but the CC processors.
It doesn't really matter who is at fault, it's a crappy situation.
Good luck getting it all straightened out.

Disconnect

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2013
Washington DC
#2 woo

Got my card jacked the other day but for the first time ever, PayPal for the win. Not for catching it, but just because I get emails on each transaction and cancelling the card took about 10 secs online..

Pretty sure it was a local business rather than vape but who knows.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

levisdaddy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2012
tucson
all this talk of card theft and fraud has me worried. i should check my bank statements tonight. always a good idea to keep up with them, especially with all the miscellaneous online purchases.
met with my partner in regards to our event this saturday. he said he is 2.5k over budget, which was originally supposed to be capped at 10grand..... what the heck!?
i immediately demanded a comprehensive expense report, i feel like i could have done this show for 8,000 give or take, and he has already spent 12.5!?? arghhhh, this is our profits!!! we have to payback this money plus interest, and whats gonna be left over!? we have over 1100 people confirmed, and are expecting 1500+, if we hit the latter number we will be paid well.... crossing fingers and praying for the best outcome :)

boardopboy

MustachioedMechModManiac
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 19, 2012
Castle Grayskull

Found at my local CVS drug store. Sadly... NOT what I had hoped.

uzuhera5.jpg

Schnarph

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
Dripping Springs, TX
5. 5/28 -
My M.O for online shopping safety is a debit card with only enough money in the account to pay for my purchase that day. I set it up with no overdraft. It's not linked with any other accounts. I have to go to the bank and make a deposit if I want to shop online. It's a credit union and I pay $0 in fees, other than driving to and from the bank. It's not convenient at all, but it's the safest thing I have been able to come up with. If someone (including me) tries to use my card number with my very limited balance, the charge will not go through due to insufficient funds.
I've seen thousands of card numbers and their CVV2 codes in my years of customer service. I know that I was always honest and legal, but I can't say the same for my co-workers. I even remember carbon copies, what a nightmare those would be these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread