Weird clearo question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TastyKakes

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2013
Philadelphia
Hey folks, kind of an oddball question but its got me curious nonetheless:
I just got my vamo v3 kit the other day and it came with two of those ce4 style clearomizers. I just got some new juices and figured is just load them up in the freebie tanks to take them for a spin. Loaded it up with some EVO tangerine swirl, screwed it one and took an ohm reading - they're all over the place. So far I've gotten readings of 7.3, 6.8, 4.5 ... All my other clearos are coming in between 2 and 3 ohms, which seems pretty normal. Anyone know why these would be reading so high on resistance?

TastyKakes

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2013
Philadelphia
Just don't use them unless you can replace the heating coils and read resistant properly.

It's reading that high, it won't fire correctly.

Cheers
They're the el cheapos, not the newer style with the rebuildable coils. Never cared for them much anyway, just figured I'd get a better taste for the than playing around just dripping on an naked atty.
Getting pretty annoyed that I wasted all the extra money on the kit instead of just buying the vamo tube - I've already gone ahead and bought two AW IMR 18350s and AW IMR 18650s, an Xtar XP4 charger, now bum clearos... Hopefully another noob out there reads this and learns from my mistakes. Might as well slap a silver lining on this s***storm cloud.

TastyKakes

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2013
Philadelphia
Congrads on choosing a good battery. I don't know about the charger, not familiar with it.

The cleros, chuk it up to lesson learned.

Goodluck on you vaping quest!

Cheers

I don't honestly know that much about chargers and such, but it seems like a solid piece of equipment. Has all kinds of light up buttons and fancy sounding options :)

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Is it possible you're getting a faulty reading based on a bad connection?

That's what I was thinking. The CE4s have eGo threading, but the connection is in the center. They are so cheaply made the posts may not be making good contact despite be screwed down.

ETA: Vamos are known to have delicate threading, so be careful not too screw things on too tightly.

Last edited:

TastyKakes

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2013
Philadelphia
That's what I was thinking. The CE4s have eGo threading, but the connection is in the center. They are so cheaply made the posts may not be making good contact despite be screwed down.

ETA: Vamos are known to have delicate threading, so be careful not too screw things on too tightly.

The vamo connection is fine, not having any issues with my other clearos and I've been really careful not to over tighten anything. The freebies are just crap. Thought it might have just been a faulty connection so I took a pair of needle nose pliers and pulled the contact pin on the clearo just a but to get a better connection - now it's just reading 9.9. They're going in the circular file as I type this.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
The vamo connection is fine, not having any issues with my other clearos and I've been really careful not to over tighten anything. The freebies are just crap. Thought it might have just been a faulty connection so I took a pair of needle nose pliers and pulled the contact pin on the clearo just a but to get a better connection - now it's just reading 9.9. They're going in the circular file as I type this.

Good call. 9.9 is Vamo's error code.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread