Weird thing going on with my 2-week old Riva battery. Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so, I bought the Riva starter kit from EVcigarettes.com, 650mAh. They were working fine up until now. I just e-mailed the vendor about it, I wanted to hear your thoughts on it too.
Last night, I was happily vaping on my Riva with my SmokTech LR dual coil cartomizers and my SR Clearomizer from a B&M in my area (more so with the clearomizer). The battery had just flashed it's LED light about ten times letting me know it needed to be charged (which was normal because I had been using it all day), so I switched batteries and kept vaping so I could charge it tomorrow morning (today) at work while watching it, and not overnight.
Went to work and plugged in my charger, then plugged in my battery. No sign of a connection between the two at first. So then I proceeded to clean the battery and charger threads and tried again. Nothing again. Then I plugged the charger into a different wall outlet, this time, the charger light turned red, but the battery didn't give me it's normal blinks (3 times) letting me know it was charging. I kept it on the charger anyway, and watched it closely. Later on (about 2 - 2 1/2 hours) I checked the charger, the light on the charger was a weird color, orange-y but more red than anything. So I took the batt off the charger and plugged in my other batt, and it worked completely fine. Was playing with the weird battery's button and then it blinked about thirty times. It did this more than once, also I tried to lock it by pressing the button three times and it worked normally, tried putting my clearomizer on it, it blinked three times and shut off. Put the clearomizer on the regular battery, perfectly fine. Vaped normally.
Here's the weird part; I got home and plugged the charger into my regular wall outlet, charger is fine. Screwed the weird battery into the charger, charger doesn't acknowledge it. messed around with the post a teeny tiny bit, screwed it into the charger, then got the same orangey-red color from before, and the LED light on the battery was very dim. It blinked several times, still very dim. Took it off the charger and started to contact the vendor, then noticed when I took it off the charger the LED light on the battery blinked a few times, maybe 10 times, still dim, then the LED light just stayed on very dimly for about 5 minutes, then finally shut off. Depressed the button a few times, screwed it into the charger again, same thing. Now I'm here, asking you helpful, beautiful, vaping people if anyone has heard of anything like this before?
Please keep in mind this battery is no more than 14 days old, I've been using the SR clearomizer and the LR SmokTech dual coil. I realize it's probably dead, but just want to know if it's something I'm doing wrong. I asked the vendor if the SmokTechs would be okay to use on the battery they said yes (bought the cartos and battery from the same people).
Thanks for reading. So very peculiar.
Vape on, as always! :vapor:

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
Yes, the battery is toast, sorry. What resistance are the LR's you are using? Anything under 1.7 ohms is iffy at best on EGO batteries, it can, and has been known to blow out the protection circuitry by overloading it with such a large amperage draw. It's really best to stay as close to 2 ohms as you can with the EGO's, regardless of what you have heard may or may not work on them, they do not like a large amperage draw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread