Not open for further replies.

Rev. Stabard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
Dark side of the moon
Hi All,

I'm doing well, for those that followed my last thread, and many thanks to those that did. I got through it.

It's been 4 months now without an analog and I decided I was ready to take the plunge. See if I would still like an analog. I took a puff off of a friends and:.......................... Nope, didn't like it at all. In fact, I could taste so many things in that analog that I never knew were there before. And they all tasted bad.

My friend did the same for me and vaped on my Reo one time. I may have someone interested in switching! He coughed his head off and certainly saw how vaping could be just as satisfying :) (I had forgotten how strong vaping can be or I'd have suggested a light vape.) Plus he liked the flavor of my juice, H1N1 by Nicoticket. He's trying to quit (very early stages and not too successful at this point) and what I let him experience may be just the thing to get him going on the vaping trail. I hope so....

So, long story short, I really, really don't want to smoke anymore.

Thanks all!
Fleet

RattlerX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2014
West Texas
Glad you are doing ok Black6host. Even-though the smell of an analog really bothers me these days the craving still come around from time to time. It doesn't last long and my REO is always there to get me through it.

I am no different than many others here but I can't imaging where I would be if I had not come across the REO forum. I was frustrated to say the least with my other vaping gear and I didn't have anyone else around me to talk to about vaping. Mrs Rattler is very supportive in every way but she does not understand the differences in vape gear and she doesn't give good feedback on coil builds :)….I believe it is difficult for people that have never smoked to understand what we each go through in quitting.

You ever need to visit shoot me a pm. I would be happy to give you my number and you call anytime you feel the need.

solace.discord

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2011
Southern Maine
Glad you are doing ok Black6host. Even-though the smell of an analog really bothers me these days the craving still come around from time to time. It doesn't last long and my REO is always there to get me through it.

I am no different than many others here but I can't imaging where I would be if I had not come across the REO forum. I was frustrated to say the least with my other vaping gear and I didn't have anyone else around me to talk to about vaping. Mrs Rattler is very supportive in every way but she does not understand the differences in vape gear and she doesn't give good feedback on coil builds :)….I believe it is difficult for people that have never smoked to understand what we each go through in quitting.

similar story- other than a few people at work with cig-a-likes, and who have no interest in my geeking out over vape stuff, I am a lonely vaper! the man is also supportive, his comments are limited to how a vape smells and regarding my FDA rants "man that sucks babe- go get 'em!"

ECF has been my godsend during my vaping career. I can't stand the smell of burning cigarettes, turns my stomach, but sometimes, even after a year, I think I want one. about 6 months ago (after not going for about 6 months), I went to the corner store where I used to buy my packs, the habit of the words falling out of my mouth was too strong- while he was grabbing a pack of Camel Menthol Silvers, I started laughing and said "wait.. no. I quit a while ago! dammit!"

Black6host- congrats to you! sometimes we have to at least try, to know for sure. and now you know!

DasBluCig

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2013
Chichester, NH
Hey, Fleet......
It was a chance you had to take.....we all understand....but glad the result was POSITIVE!!:D
Guess I was lucky.....I've not had even the slightest urge to TRY an analog since my last one....back in July!!:)
Just vaping.....and LOVING IT!!
And.... the Reos just make the journey even BETTER!!
Happy (vaping) Trails!

pianoguy

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2009
Apple Valley, MN
I also decided to try a real cigarette about 3 months after switching to vaping - that was the day I knew I was free. I couldn't believe how disgusting it tasted - just 2 puffs left what felt like a greasy, chemical film in my mouth. I couldn't brush my teeth fast enough. I smoked for over 40 years and LIKED the taste of cigarettes. I just laugh now when some "expert" suggest that e-cigs are a gateway to smoking.

Rev. Stabard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
Dark side of the moon
Thanks all. I knew when I took the puff that I wasn't in danger of going back. And I only wanted one puff. My resolve is too strong to ever go back. It was an experiment to know if I still liked them and I got my answer real quick like. And one puff was all it (and I) took. I found out something that I thought was interesting. As I mentioned in my OP I'd been vaping H1N1 and one of the things I like about it is that the flavors are many and subtle. And they ebb and flow in prominence as you vape. So I might get a good sense of vanilla and then the next vape it's peanutty. All in all a complex mixture with all the flavors kind of swirling around. Very hard to describe. And from what I've heard others taste different things as well.

I got a similiar type thing from that one puff on the analog. Lots of flavors, some strong, some not. Could taste one for a second and then it would be gone. Then I'd taste something else. All from a very small puff. Thing is, all those flavors were bad. I had never noticed that stuff before. I'm really glad I was able to remove the veil and see underneath. What an ugly thing it was. And what a good thing to know.

My mind still tries to trick me from time to time telling me I want an analog. After last night I think that's going to lessen. And I've got more knowledge now than I did before my little experiment. Knowledge that I *don't* want one.

All in all a good thing to try, for me. And I emphasize "for me".

Thanks again!

Rev. Stabard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
Dark side of the moon
Totally agree and nice to see you're gettin on well. When cigs became repulsive to me, was the point when I felt that I wasn't truly a smoker anymore, something I have always identified myself with. I could feel big tobacco's meat hooks release me. Feels good and it's gettin better everyday.

Your description of "big tobaccos's meat hooks" describes to a T how I feel about it. What a hard thing to break out of when they have you hooked. When I started smoking, a long, long time ago it was known that smoking wasn't good for you. That knowledge was buried under all the advertising, ease of availability and the pervasiveness of smoking everywhere you went. You could smoke in grocery stores, hospitals, planes.... Pretty much everywhere you went. People smoked on TV, shows were sponsored by big tobacco it was the norm. And smoking was part of my identity. You weren't cool if you didn't smoke. All that stuff pretty much obliterated the message that smoking was bad and big tobacco was still saying it wasn't and doing everything in its power to bury and discredit the facts. Those meat hooks in me went deep and had been there for a long time.

Finally, I feel free!!! How liberating! Your analogy really struck a strong chord with me (augmented 4th, the Chord of Evil) :evil: , just wanted to let you know that I know exactly how you feel.

Last edited:

ltrainer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2010
upstate ny
Thanks for the post Fleet. It helps all of us.
Once_upon_a_time_in_the_West_wallpaper-by_VelvetVamp-M.jpg

Last edited:

Rev. Stabard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
Dark side of the moon
Hard to imagine in this day and age.....but "The Flintstones" was actually sponsored by Winston!!!:ohmy:
Good ol' Fred and Barney......puffing away, happy as clams.....!:facepalm:
"....... They're a page right out of history....!!!":D No Reos in Bedrock!:(
Happy (vaping) Trails!

Indeed. I used to watch it as a young child back when they were in black and white and on prime time TV. They came on right before my bedtime so I'd watch the show and off to bed :)

pwheeler

Just Vaping
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Weimar, TX
I've passed the 3 month mark, and though at times an urge might hit, it now goes away pretty fast, thank God. I, like so many others here can't even stand the smell of them anymore, although, even now, I might go into Wally World or HEB grocery store and invariably someone will be outside smoking and, though repulsive, it smells good! But I just tell myself that I've come this far, pat my Reo in my pocket and I'm good. It's so good also to have everyone here that is so supportive and understanding as we've all been through it. I'm so glad you have turned the corner and realized just how awful the stinkies really are. And when I need inspiration, I come here and read what others are saying and going through. I'm like some others here, alone in my vaping world. I don't think there's another vaper in my town. I have no support except right here with all these wonderful people I've never met.

Rev. Stabard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
Dark side of the moon
I've passed the 3 month mark, and though at times an urge might hit, it now goes away pretty fast, thank God. I, like so many others here can't even stand the smell of them anymore, although, even now, I might go into Wally World or HEB grocery store and invariably someone will be outside smoking and, though repulsive, it smells good! But I just tell myself that I've come this far, pat my Reo in my pocket and I'm good. It's so good also to have everyone here that is so supportive and understanding as we've all been through it. I'm so glad you have turned the corner and realized just how awful the stinkies really are. And when I need inspiration, I come here and read what others are saying and going through. I'm like some others here, alone in my vaping world. I don't think there's another vaper in my town. I have no support except right here with all these wonderful people I've never met.

Hi Paul,

Yeah, there's not much of a vape scene here either, though I have met someone local to me from these forums. But we're here to support you! Reoville is a wonderful place indeed. I still marvel at how nice everyone is. It certainly is more community minded than any other forum I've ever been on.

Keep on vaping and if you ever need anything, all you need to do is ask. Believe me, I know! Support will come out in droves :)

Fleet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread