Well, it finally happened. (Hello 016 batt died)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NMEterrorunit

May 12, 2010
Kansas
At least I think it died, it refuses to charge. I can't tell if it's a charger issue or a battery issue but when i plug the charger in the battery light flashes three times like usual, but the charger light remains green.

Has this happened to anyone else? Any ideas on things to try? Obviously I could try using a new charger on my old batt or a new batt on my old charger, but I was wondering if anyone else encountered this with their Hello tech 016.

Thanks! madvapes rules!

Turok

May 15, 2010
pa
I've actually had this issue happened to me a few times, and I have a pretty easy fix.

First, very carefully (this is important, be careful!) smash the battery against a solid object repeatedly while spewing out vulgarities, after that buy a box mod or something more reliable. :p

Seriously though, you can try and twist the battery on to the charger slowly until you see the red light. Usually this will do the trick, but it'll only work a few times before the battery either refuses to charge altogether or will just flash when you fire it with an atomizer screwed in. I had one Hello016 that melted my charger, became superheated and smoked for a few hours. My suggestion to you is bite the bullet, and buy another non-016 battery. These things aren't just unreliable, they're dangerous.

All props to Madvapes, they're a great company with honest merchants. Unfortunately, the standards in China aren't all that great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread