Status
Not open for further replies.

Dana A

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2012
Iowa
I was at the dog park today and was told by a crazy looking lady that I can't smoke in the dog park. It was my pleasure to tell her that I wasn't smoking and then to ask the other dog parents if they minded my vaping and they agreed that no they didn't mind my vaping or people smoking outside in the open either. The lady was a total B word. She started telling my mom that her St Bernard puppy was going to make her dog sick because it was to young for a rabies shot.. Never mind all the shots the pup HAS had. Then she proceeds to tell another owner that they cant have a pronged collar on their dog in the park. All I could think was lady we could bury you and that stuck up dog of yours out here and no one would ever find you LOL Some people just have to ruin the fun for everyone. It would have been fun to explain vaping to her if she were sane but that wasn't the case

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
Ummmm... she's a good case for a rectal vaping device!
shakehead.gif

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
When people tell me I cant do something it has always made me want to do it even more, I would have not have even spoken to her or said one word and just kept on doing what my pleasure was, this seems to drive them into a frenzy and get them even more ...... off when you totally ignore them, hehehehheh

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
I used to let Dante off his leash to swim after ducks and geese at my former apartment pond/walking trail. An "overly concerned" lady once yelled at me that, "Your dog better not hurt those geese! They're protected by the Federal MIgratory Bird Act." I promptly explained that Dante's water speed is, like, 1/2 a nautical mph. "Ma'am, the geese have wings. I've seen em fly." Some people seem to think your business is their business.

Dana A

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2012
Iowa
To make matters worse she had those huge sunglasses, a visor and a fanny pack. I remember her trying to approach my mastiff when she was a puppy and my mastiff actually cowering down barking at her because to a puppy she didn't look human and then snickering to someone else about my Biankas temperament. Guess it takes all kinds....

Wolf308

ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2012
NC
www.into-the-fog.com
Dog parks are apparently where the insane go to hang out, and usually their dogs are just as crazy, so I avoid them, too. Honestly, been to a dog park once. Took two dogs I was "doggin sitting" down to break their boredom, both old dogs. The one ran all over as soon as we got there, the other sort of wandered off short distances from me. I was glad... one guy was a nut and threw a ball over the smaller dog I took there... his German Shephard ran right into the dog I brought and rolled her over several times. Never even a "sorry" from him when I ran for the dog who was crying on the ground. His other dog - a Dane - went after me. Those dogs are even bigger when they are running toward you showing teeth, let me tell you. He stood there and watched, never made a motion to stop the dog. The larger dog I brought - half lab, half rottie, 90 lbs. and 8 years old - came flying through the air out of nowhere and took that Dane down. I am forever grateful for that dog, let me tell you. That Dane will forever walk with a limp, but that's life. I blame his owner. And I've never returned to a dog park. My own dog is an 11 lb. Bichon... not a chance I'm willing to take, because if a dog hurts my best girl, it's on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread