well noob question i guess with battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtlewis

Jul 5, 2011
N Fort Myers Florida
Ok guess im not finding the right info and almost blew myself up so here it goes. I use a bolt with the exstender. I use ultrafire xsl 18650 batteies and thought i would buy this IMR High Drain HYBRID CGR18650CH 3.7V 2250mAh Battery made by Panasonic just cause im going to go to a mod that uses high drain but heres where i get lost i put the fresh new bat above in and with in and went to try it in the bolt and almost had a thermo nuclear meltdown lol it got hot enough to melt the safty spring. I would think this battery would be alright in my mod as im not pulling high draw with a vivi at 1.8ohms so can someone let me no did i make a mistake with high drain? Any help would be appreciated ty

tinstar15

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2009
Lakeland, FL
It could be a bad battery but it is more likely the device or the setup your using. You could have a short on your carto/atty, or a bad insulator on you device's connector. It could even be a bad button on your Bolt.

I'd start with the battery. Check the outer jacket/plastic wrap. Look for bare spots, chips, and tears. If that's clear, get a multimeter and check the battery's voltage. If that's good, move to the atty/carto setup.

Check the setup to make sure it's not shorted by using a multimeter to check resistance. If the resistance is off from it's specified amount, or it shows a short, then you found your problem. Also check the center post connection on the setup to make sure that the center post isn't hitting the outer threaded area of the carto/atty. If that's all clear, move to the device.

Check the internals and the connection area of the device. If the center post insulator is compromised, it will create a short. The Bolt isn't made with the greatest of care. It is also not conducive to disassembly. You can use the multimeter to test the mod for a short and if clear, test the voltage output.

That's about all I can think of. If everything comes back clear, you may have a possessed device. You'll need an exorcist for that though. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread