Well you guys broke me...+ my two week vaping journey thus far

Status
Not open for further replies.

zara1269

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2010
Ohio
Well you guys broke me down and after enjoying my 510 kit for 2 weeks and totally kicking analogs for a week I ended up buying an Ego kit. I ended up with some overtime hours while on vacation from school and have been successful with my 510 kit so I figure it would be a wise investment. My bf just bought and Ego kit and really likes it.

Anyhoo...I just got it and am trying to break in my atomizers. My auto battery for my 510 basically died...and I ended up buying a spare manual 510 battery but I when I am home I am on constant rotation on the charger with those things and I have almost had to buy a pack of analogs b/c I was worried I would be without. That was why I ultimately went out and bought the Ego kit from Cignot. I bought a Pink 650 battery and a black 900 battery. So far so good.

So far I have bought liquid from FSUSA and madvapes. I really like both juices so far. I am currently at about 24 mg during the day and 18-16mg's at night. I am testing out the Blue Foam cart mod and am sort of mixed about it. On some liquids it seems to work ok and on others it's too wet.

On a final note...this past Monday I hadn't vaped much all day so when I got home from a 10 hour work day I was hitting my pv pretty hard at 24 mg. I was using a drip tip and was trying to get this one liquid that I do not care for at all out of my atty (should have just cleaned the atty in hindsight)...plus I think I got quite a bit of the liquid on my skin by not being careful and I think I ended up OD'ing on Nicotine a bit. My heart rate shot up really fast (around 102 bpms...my base line is about 85-90 resting...too much caffeine) and in my worry I ended up Googling symptoms of Nic poisoning which I think exascerbated my symptoms and made it worse. The only symptom I had was the tachycardia...no excess saliva, shortness of breath, nausea..etc. It was a scare. So it was a good lesson to learn as I am now really careful when filling my carts up.

Anyways...thanks so much for all the advice you have given thus far!

Dee74

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2010
Tampa Bay,Fl
Sounds like you guys are off to a good start, just buy a few more kits so you have lots of parts to keep you off analogs when crisis hits! It is cheaper overall when starting to buy kits and get the extra charges atty's etc, parts later on. Juices are hit and miss takes a while to find your nic level and some go to flavors. just buy sample sizes until you get it figure out. The blue foam works you just have to play with size and it is good to go . this has about a 3-4 week learning curve but soooo worth it, hang in there you can do it!

zara1269

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2010
Ohio
if I am messing around with 24+ mg juice I just use some unflavored vg from walmart to vape out the old flavor...I use to just mix and vape but after my 15th puff I noticed the nic and had to sit the pv down for a bit.

That's a great idea. I might have to go get some. Plus I am interested in making some Zero nic juice and I could use it with some Lorann's flavorings perhaps (will research that later). Live and learn I guess. I think it was more of a panic attack than anything else. I am finding I am getting them more and more at night lately (especially when I am not getting enough nicotine) and I think it could be withdrawal as well. I find I can vape 18mg or less with no problems.

I forgot to mention that I feel sooooo friggin good. My energy level is through the roof. I used to have to double fist coffee and 5 hour energy drinks just to get through the day...I am a full time nursing student and I work part time at a coffee and donut shop (clock on at 5 or 6 am). Now coffee will suffice to get me going. I am sleeping so well and through the night. My lung capacity as increased. I used to never be able to draw a super deep breath but now I am able to. And one more thing...I used to have to use concealer to hide my undereye circles but since quitting the death sticks I can skip that part of my make up routine and my skin which used to be really blotchy is evening out. So score!

Last edited:

zara1269

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2010
Ohio
I have never had the hiccups. Just the heart palpatations. Lot's of stuff gives me the "palps" as I am a stress bunny. Doctor isn't concerned as my BP is on the low side of normal...would probably be way too low if I relaxed...toned down the caffeine intake and nicotine.

BTW...I have the ultimate hiccup cure...one spoonful of peanut butter (if'n you aren't allergic of course)...works everytime for me!

PaulB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2010
Virginia
Nope...nic-ups are common !!

First time I've heard it called that. Cute! I don't recall getting them from inhaling. I have gotten them from juice blowbacks, maybe when a bit didn't make it all the way down the drip tip and I either couldn't spit or underestimated the amount. For me at least, they go away pretty quickly.

Phil McRotch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2010
Carson, CA
Yeah, nic highs and ODs are cute. If you've ever experienced a caffeine, or stimulant, OD, the best thing to do is not to freak out. You'll jack up your heart rate to an undesirable degree. Try to remain calm and let it subside. Unless of course, you truly exposed yourself to a lethal dose, then you have a problem that needs immediate attention.

Though, I don't recommend subjecting yourself to trial and error.

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
I always got hiccups from the gum, one of the reasons I hated it....but I vaped 30 - 36mg/mL
juice starting out to beat the cravings and never had hiccups, or racing heartbeat.

p.s. look for Lorann's flavorings at your local candy / baking supply or craft store, some have even
posted finding them at walmart.

Last edited:

zara1269

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2010
Ohio
I have read in some online articles that ex smokers dont require as much caffeine as non smokers kinda makes you wonder what all analogs affected besides just your lungs and brain chemistry. Congrads girl and happy vapeing i just started on the 510 and love it so far though i got a PCC as well so its pretty much always charged and ready!

Thanks and congratulations to yourself on you step! I also think that the reason you have much more energy once you get off of the death stix is b/c they emit carbon monoxide which forms a strong bond to the hemoglobin (which transports oxygen) in your blood and therefore there are less hemoglobin molecules to bond with oxygen thus decreasing blood oxygen concentrations. Oxygen is a great energizer! LOL

Jmitchelliv

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I always got hiccups from the gum, one of the reasons I hated it....but I vaped 30 - 36mg/mL
juice starting out to beat the cravings and never had hiccups, or racing heartbeat.

p.s. look for Lorann's flavorings at your local candy / baking supply or craft store, some have even
posted finding them at walmart.

I'll back up the finding Lorann's at a local bakery supply store. Just make sure you're not buying the oil-based flavors. You want water soluble only.

Enjoy! :)

pkj

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2010
Paula in Arizona
You hang on to a couple 510's.

What if your ego:
is lost or stolen.
the battery won't hold a charge
you are headed on a camping trip and need all the battery power you can get your hands on.
you drop your ego as you get into the car, then proceed to back over it as you leave the drive way.
you get off at your bus stop and your ego continues the trip.

There are literally 100's of reasons to have those 510's around. Don't let them go until you have other back up equipment. Every so often I read about someone who has lost, broken, had stolen, etc their equipment. Please put those little buggers in a drawer and hang on to them for awhile.

Paula

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread