zara1269

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2010
Ohio
You hang on to a couple 510's.

What if your ego:
is lost or stolen.
the battery won't hold a charge
you are headed on a camping trip and need all the battery power you can get your hands on.
you drop your ego as you get into the car, then proceed to back over it as you leave the drive way.
you get off at your bus stop and your ego continues the trip.

There are literally 100's of reasons to have those 510's around. Don't let them go until you have other back up equipment. Every so often I read about someone who has lost, broken, had stolen, etc their equipment. Please put those little buggers in a drawer and hang on to them for awhile.

Paula

That's why I bought a second Ego. LOL. Trust me I am always prepared. Plus they are nice to have. I think I am going to let my bf use them to try out dripping. I think he will like dripping...right now he has the auto batteries so I told him he needed manual batteries to try out dripping. Hopefully he won't take over my second Ego from me. :) I will definitely keep the 510's around. I might use them to sample new flavors too!

VAPOINSANO

ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2010
Vapin'Hard Mang*<|;)
BTW...I have the ultimate hiccup cure...one spoonful of peanut butter (if'n you aren't allergic of course)...works everytime for me!

I read+heard regular sugar works too !
i personally, (back in the cave man days!) :blush: lol
had the worst hic-cups ever for 3days solid!!!

i did everythang imaginable??
(im not proud of it either!) lmao
worst chest pain i ever had !!!! :(

the sister in-law(actually out-law :p teeheehee!)
told me the sugar thangy and bada-boom,
i was cured!
took a whole freakin week for my chest to get back to nermal!

christmas hats off to paula aka pkj,
shes is wise+cute!:)

V.I.
:facepalm:

rchriste

ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2010
Colorado
So far I have bought liquid from FSUSA and MadVapes. I really like both juices so far. I am currently at about 24 mg during the day and 18-16mg's at night. I am testing out the Blue Foam cart mod and am sort of mixed about it. On some liquids it seems to work ok and on others it's too wet.

I've been using the blue foam for about a month now and love it. There was a learning curve for me on cutting them to the right size. A little too big and they don't flow or load as well. A little too small fill great but get things all icky. I was determined to make it work for me and I think I'm there now. Before I heard about the blue foam I was using those green scouring pads (we always called them 'greenies'). They worked better than the stock cartridge fluval but not quite as good as the blue foam. It probably goes without saying but the greenies were the kind that do NOT have soap in them. <grin> Turns out that most greenies have the exact same thickness as a 510 cart. Maybe give that a try. Greenies are sure a lot cheaper than the blue foam. I think the PetSmart near us was charging 11 bucks for the foam. I'm sure I could get it cheaper online but I was in a really big hurry to try the stuff and didn't want to wait. As for the greenies, I think I bought a 20 pack of pads about 5 years ago at a flea market for a dollar.

On another note... I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only person in the world that get's the hiccups. It's happened to me twice and both times it's cause I was dripping and forgot to make it whistle first. It's a sign of age (forgetting what I'm doing) Anyway, it got me into an OD faster than the time I rubbed my eye with a tiny tiny drop of juice on my finger not knowing it was there. Well, no sense crying over spilt juice.

zara1269

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2010
Ohio
I have heard about the Green Scratchy Pads (as we call them at work). I think I am going to stick with the Blue Foam. I have some of the polyfill left over from a 10 Gal Aquarium that I got rid of (and converted to holding my Bearded Dragon when cleaning out his cage) so I used the filters from that. I clean my carts out with alcohol and the filling as well. Seems to take out the taste of the juices better than water.

I have a question...can I used Non-Joye Atomizers with my Joye Ego and 510's? I see a lot of websites that have decently priced atomizers (i.e. MadVapes) but they aren't Joye products. Just curious if it would be safe to use them on my Joye products.

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
I have heard about the Green Scratchy Pads (as we call them at work). I think I am going to stick with the Blue Foam. I have some of the polyfill left over from a 10 Gal Aquarium that I got rid of (and converted to holding my Bearded Dragon when cleaning out his cage) so I used the filters from that. I clean my carts out with alcohol and the filling as well. Seems to take out the taste of the juices better than water.

I have a question...can I used Non-Joye Atomizers with my Joye Ego and 510's? I see a lot of websites that have decently priced atomizers (i.e. MadVapes) but they aren't Joye products. Just curious if it would be safe to use them on my Joye products.

they are...but you'll also notice that a lot of them are a different resistance as well so they'll perform differently too...
there's a difference in a joye atty (being 2.2Ω) and say an SLB atty (being 3.2Ω) .... the slb will run cooler and have less vapor production but since it's a higher resistance will also add a little to your battery life between charges..
but you can use any 510 or 306 or eGo specific atty (or carto) and vary the resistance for different effect...ie cooler vapor, more flavor out of complex or fruit flavors etc..

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
Thanks for the help Drozd! I have been wondering that for awhile.

I see you from Ohio too! There are quite a few of us Ohioans on this forum I've noticed.

yup more and more all the time...though the ohio forum is pretty quiet...
I'm up in the toledo area myself... I know there's at least 3 of us on here from my local area

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread