Whacked up on choosing my back-up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spaz 730

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2015
Croton, NY
Ok, so I have 3 Mods. One I will use at home, the other when I'm out of the house, and the other as a back-up. I have an Istick TC 60 Watt, a Kangertech subox mini, and a Joy-tech eVic VT 60 Watt. I've been using the Istick for the past 3 months and the other 2 are brand new and I'm waiting on more 18650 batteries and coils/atomizers. Any suggestions on which of these should be my home device, out of house device, and back-up? VAPE ON VAPERS!!!

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    I think it is more of a personal decision. Which box do you like the least? Which boxes do you like the most? Are any more functional than the others? Can they be rated from most to least functional? (assuming here that your least liked and functional box will end up being your back up)

I usually keep two mods outfitted with "all day vape" and will likely grab which ever one has the fuller tank and battery charge on it before going out. While one of the single 18650 mods normally get the nod yesterday I took the IPV4S to work.

Reactions: Spaz 730

Spaz 730

ECF Veteran
    Dec 13, 2015
    Croton, NY
    I think it is more of a personal decision. Which box do you like the least? Which boxes do you like the most? Are any more functional than the others? Can they be rated from most to least functional? (assuming here that your least liked and functional box will end up being your back up)

I usually keep two mods outfitted with "all day vape" and will likely grab which ever one has the fuller tank and battery charge on it before going out. While one of the single 18650 mods normally get the nod yesterday I took the IPV4S to work.
    Thanks for that response, I guess I'll just try them out once my stuff arrives and go from there.

Spaz 730

ECF Veteran
    Dec 13, 2015
    Croton, NY
    For me, it would be a question of battery life. Which set up could I carry that would last all day on a single charge, or with the least amount of battery swapping, tank filling, and general fiddling around to keep me vaping. The tank you put on the mod will have as much to do with that as the mod itself.
    Ok. Out of the three, which would you recommend as the best all-day vape according to the criteria you mentioned? I've heard good things about the Subox mini so that's what I'm leaning toward, but not totally sure yet. Also, it would be great if you could recommend some tanks that are compatible with my Mods and sites where I can get them. You mentioned the importance of them and I just want to have the best set-up possible. I appreciate your help and as always Vape on!

skiball

ECF Veteran
    Jan 14, 2016
    I own both the vtc mini and subox. And the subox is my out and about mod. That's bc the screen is smaller and tuffer so less likely to break. Also the edges being rounded make it easier to get out of your pocket. And for an atomizer are you looking to rebuild or have pre made coils and what kinda watts do you like to run.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 21, 2015
    Toronto, Canada
    I personally use reliable/proven mods that can take a beating when I go out. I would never be away from home using one of my iSticks as they aren't the most reliable mods out there. I also wouldn't bring one of my RX200 mods as they don't do well when dropped.

I went to a concert last night and knew more than a few beers would be consumed, so I brought my Kanger Subox Mini. Amazingly reliable mod as is the Subtank Mini tank.

Spaz 730

ECF Veteran
    Dec 13, 2015
    Croton, NY
    I own both the vtc mini and subox. And the subox is my out and about mod. That's bc the screen is smaller and tuffer so less likely to break. Also the edges being rounded make it easier to get out of your pocket. And for an atomizer are you looking to rebuild or have pre made coils and what kinda watts do you like to run.

I usually use 50 or 60 Watts, I never had the need to go higher than that. Right now I use pre-made coils but would like to get into rebuilding soon. However, I have zero experience with it and would need a step-by-step breakdown of the process and what materials to buy. Could you direct me to a site that covers these things?

skiball

ECF Veteran
    Jan 14, 2016
    I usually use 50 or 60 Watts, I never had the need to go higher than that. Right now I use pre-made coils but would like to get into rebuilding soon. However, I have zero experience with it and would need a step-by-step breakdown of the process and what materials to buy. Could you direct me to a site that covers these things?
    Ya your already there bud ecf is a great place to learn how to build coils. Also there's alot of videos on youtube you can look up. Don't worry it sounds alot harder than it is. For your 1st rta i'd suggest the wine it cant get any simpler and easy to build. SXK Nebula Wine RTA Vaping Walrus Also since you like to run at a mid level watt i'd suggest going with a 24g kanthal or maybe twisted 26g. The thicker wire is alot easier to work with and once you feel comfortable you might want to upgrade to a dual coil rta. Also if you decide you want pre built coils i like the isub line they have a coil for everyone and the coil prices are good. Check out the isub apex or s. If ya have any more ?s feel free to ask away.

Spaz 730

ECF Veteran
    Dec 13, 2015
    Croton, NY
    Ya your already there bud ecf is a great place to learn how to build coils. Also there's alot of videos on youtube you can look up. Don't worry it sounds alot harder than it is. For your 1st rta i'd suggest the wine it cant get any simpler and easy to build. SXK Nebula Wine RTA Vaping Walrus Also since you like to run at a mid level watt i'd suggest going with a 24g kanthal or maybe twisted 26g. The thicker wire is alot easier to work with and once you feel comfortable you might want to upgrade to a dual coil rta. Also if you decide you want pre built coils i like the isub line they have a coil for everyone and the coil prices are good. Check out the isub apex or s. If ya have any more ?s feel free to ask away.

Awesome, thanks! When I have some more free time I will check those out. My life is pretty hectic right now and there's lots yet to be done, usually I don't even have time to relax or even breathe. I'm big on simple right now, which is why I still use my pens periodically.

Reactions: skiball

Hans Wermhat

Vaping Master
    Jun 9, 2015
    Texas
    I don't have any of the mods you have, but of the 3 the Evic is probably your most reliable. That's based on what I've read here on ECF. For a tank, there are literally hundreds out there. I'd suggest finding one that has both pre-fab coils and an RBA deck. That way you can use the factory coils for now and grab the RBA to learn how to build on. I think the Kanger Subtank mini comes with the RBA and it's supposed to be super easy to build on.

Spaz 730

ECF Veteran
    Dec 13, 2015
    Croton, NY
    I don't have any of the mods you have, but of the 3 the Evic is probably your most reliable. That's based on what I've read here on ECF. For a tank, there are literally hundreds out there. I'd suggest finding one that has both pre-fab coils and an RBA deck. That way you can use the factory coils for now and grab the RBA to learn how to build on. I think the Kanger Subtank mini comes with the RBA and it's supposed to be super easy to build on.
    Thanks, I'll look into those sggestions, vape on!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread