help for choose a single battery mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

gengivo

May 8, 2019
Hi,
I'm searching a new mod single battery, resistant and with a decent TC.
Maybe something like Aegis 100w, istick pico s, vaporesso armour?
I never use power over 60 watt.
I'm also interested in using batteries other than 18650.

p.s: I have already broken: eleaf invoke 200w, istick pico 25,tesla stealth, wismec sinuous 80,istick tc 40

Reactions: Izan

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
If you're wanting to venture beyond 18650, and you're rough on mods, then the choice is very simple... Vandy Vape Jackaroo.

Currently running a SS316L mesh build in the Themis in TC mode... 50 watts at 430F. Great vape!
JPEG_20190508_152809_compress76.jpg

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Hi,
I'm searching a new mod single battery, resistant and with a decent TC.
Maybe something like Aegis 100w, istick pico s, vaporesso armour?
I never use power over 60 watt.
I'm also interested in using batteries other than 18650.

p.s: I have already broken: eleaf invoke 200w, istick pico 25,tesla stealth, wismec sinuous 80,istick tc 40

I assume that broken involves dropping. A good slip on case/cover will minimize that kind of damage. When metal and plastic hits concrete a good case will help absorb the shock.

I have the iStick Pico S and it's a solid choice. I use 21700 cells in the Pico S and get about a day and a half on a cell at 10W vaping levels. It's OK in a pocket, but not as stealthy as the Pico 75W.

Around the house and for going out I like the iStick Pico 75W. It has solid TC performance with firmware 1.03 and good battery life. The Pico 75W is available for under $30. I recently bought mine for $24 in the U.S to replace one that was showing its age.

My Aegis 200W is a good vape. It's too bulky for pocket carry, but good around the house. The 100W model should be a great choice with its 26650 capability.

Last edited:

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
I have the Aegis 100w, and if you’re concerned about breaking I’d highly recommend. (Since you don’t seem fond of the Jackaroo)

But those are the toughest two I can think of within your parameters.

I’m fairly easy on my gear so I buy based on chip set and features and looks, but neither of those will serve you well if you make a paperweight out of it.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
If you're wanting to venture beyond 18650, and you're rough on mods, then the choice is very simple... Vandy Vape Jackaroo.

Currently running a SS316L mesh build in the Themis in TC mode... 50 watts at 430F. Great vape!
View attachment 814051
Was also going to suggest a jackaroo. The aegis100 isn’t available anymore. IF the OP can find one it has some advantages. It’s full on milspec and it will take basically any battery. 18650,26650, 2x700 all fit. It does NOT charge from USB. There is a USB port, but it’s under a metal plate, requires a special narrow microUSB2 plug, and is only good for firmware upgrades.
Personally I’d call the solo a better device all round.

Last edited:

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
They both have relatively accurate boards, but the GeekVape board has more features.
View attachment 814091
also the geekvape board has ports. One of the things that makes the jackaroo rugged is that it doesn’t. You can’t upgrade the firmware and you can’t charge from USB

UPDATE: this is apparently false. It DOES have a firmware only port which like the ageis100 requires removing a plate.

Last edited:

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
also the geekvape board has ports. One of the things that makes the jackaroo rugged is that it doesn’t. You can’t upgrade the firmware and you can’t charge from USB

The Jackaroo does employ a USB connection. It is behind the face plate that is required to be removed in order to perform firmware updates. Like the Aegis 100, it cannot be charged via USB.

Jackaroo.jpg

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
The Jackaroo does employ a USB connection. It is behind the face plate that is required to be removed in order to perform firmware updates. Like the Aegis 100, it cannot be charged via USB.

View attachment 814151
Huh. I did not know. That makes it basically a 2x700 aegis 100 then. Becomes a looks and form factor thing then

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
The Jackaroo cannot be charged via USB, but it DOES have a USB port for firmware upgrades. You have to remove the faceplate to get to it, though... I haven't done this, but have read of it.

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    Welcome to ECF, gengivo. One of my mods is a 'sorta regulated' tube form mech by Ehpro, "Armor" is it's name. I just got it a month or so ago, and haven't had the opportunity to drop it yet, but it is metal so if the drop isn't too bad it might just get scratched. Although it's not a TC device, it does accept 20 and 21 700's and has an 'adapter' or 'fitting sleeve' for an 18650. It works with both flat-top and button top batteries, although with a button top the battery lid won't fully screw on. There's only a couple/few thread gap, and it's not loose at all. Oh yeah, it's a single battery device too.

Last edited:

gengivo

May 8, 2019
    Judging from the table posted by Shawn, i'm more inclined towards Aegis.
    Here in Italy i can found Aegis 100w but the aegis solo is hard to find.
    As for the cover/case, i agree i need one and if i could find a mod with a decent case, maybe i can consider other than these shockproof mods.
    Unfortunately i have rheumatoid arthritis and my grip is weak, hence the frequents drops.
    The real "gengivo" (my chinchilla) also gives his contribute jumping on the table or on the nightstand...

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread