What am i doing wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zachman894

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2011
Honolulu Hawaii
ok i got a kr808d-1 manual from V4L and an automatic from V2 cigs, my problem is the prefilled ive got from both V4l and V2 are awesome no problems, but i recently got blank cartos from v4l along with WOW cowboy menthol and WOW Peppermint e-juices. at first when i filled them (watching several how-to videos on this forum so not to screw it up) i notice it works pretty good at first but maybe an hour or less of use the cartos get really hot and very little vapor compared to prefilled or when i first filled them? im starting to rethink getting e-juices altogether and get prefilled, but i want to save money someone help me!

zachman894

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2011
Honolulu Hawaii
thats the odd thing, on both the flavors i am getting actually ok taste not burnt or anything, but less vapor and very hot and i did top them off when i noticed it and i would get maybe 1 or 2 good hits and it returns to the same heat and less vapor. im making sure not to overfill and all seems to be alrite inside its all aligned and everything.

edit, why are prefilled tend to last so much longer than a manual filled one?

zachman894

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2011
Honolulu Hawaii
How much are you using to fill them? Those cartos will hold at least a ml (20 drops, depending on the liquid and the size of the drop). You might be under filling the cartos.

as recommended from a video i saw on here im using WOW blank cartos and using 20 drops directly into the fiber filling

CES

optimistic cynic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
Birmingham, Al
The heat most likely comes from not enough liquid getting to the atomizer coil. Sometimes the polyfill is wrapped very tight and it takes time for the juice to be absorbed or it may also wick a bit more slowly.

Does the filler look "slushy" a couple of minutes after filling? You could, since they're not working well anyway, try adding more liquid until it looks slushy and you may have to blow a teensy bit of juice out of the center hole. Wipe the threads well. since you have manual batteries you only have to worry about gunking up the threads. the batteries are sealed so juice won't leak inside. EDIT: try this with the manual at first not the auto batteries

Alternatively, when you first notice the carto getting hot, wait a couple of minutes before the next drag. You can change cartos, or have two batteries going.

Last edited:

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
ok i got a kr808d-1 manual from V4L and an automatic from V2 cigs, my problem is the prefilled ive got from both V4l and V2 are awesome no problems, but i recently got blank cartos from v4l along with WOW cowboy menthol and WOW Peppermint e-juices. at first when i filled them (watching several how-to videos on this forum so not to screw it up) i notice it works pretty good at first but maybe an hour or less of use the cartos get really hot and very little vapor compared to prefilled or when i first filled them? im starting to rethink getting e-juices altogether and get prefilled, but i want to save money someone help me!

How many cartos did you try? I just bought two boxes of cartos for my Mom and had one bad carto in each box.

Erfmann

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2011
Arizona
Hmmm....pop the end cap off the carto and look into it...you should be able to see light all the way thru the middle...I've had the filler shift a little before and I think it blocks the airflow sometimes...I take a paperclip and slide all the way thru to realign the foam and open the airway...sometimes this helps...
Also, after you refill, maybe let the carto sit for a half hour or so to give the filler a chance to really soak up the liquid, before you vape it.
What kind of liquid are you filling with? Thicker juices may take a little longer to reach the bottom of the carto, where the atomizer is...

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Which blanks did you get? The WOW blanks get a lot hotter than than the Coolcarts. I use a colored plastic drip tip as a mouthpiece if a carto is hot (I get them at LiteCigUSA.net).

How many drops did you fill with? You may have done a very minimal fill. You need to get 18-24 drops into the carto because it is a 1ml capacity carto and 18-24 drops is 1ml depending on the size of the drops. It's actually pretty hard to count drops with those WOW juice bottles because they flow so freely for me. I hold some tissue against the threaded end hole while putting int he liquid. Then you need to clean it up - I clean the threaded end, I blow into the threaded end to clear the air channel, and I sop up any loose juice above the stuffing. Then I cap it and lay a freshly filled blank on different sides for 15-20 min to make sure every bit of stuffing is wet.

I do not use any condom push methods of filling.

As I vape, if the vapor gets light or a bit dry or the carto gets too hot, I add some liquid.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread