What am I missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karnaj

Nov 24, 2013
Maryland, USA
I'm considering buying a high wattage regulated mod, so I'm curious about why you're not pleased with yours. I assume that you got such a high wattage mod for cloud chasing. If so, it should be superior to mech mods. Advantages that come to mind:
  • Consistent voltage output vs voltage drop in mech mods
  • Versus a single cell mech mod, doubling the resistance using higher wire gauge results in more surface area, double the wattage (max 150w ofc), yet the same amperage.
  • Safety features like reverse polarity protection, short protection, low battery voltage protection, etc.
Disadvantages that come to mind include having to marry two batteries and balance their voltages since they are in series. Not sure if this is a problem since the mod has low battery voltage protection. Also, the fact that box mods are more hefty than mech mods in size and weight. I suppose the circuitry means that it's more prone to malfunctioning, whereas mech mods are almost always reliable unless user error is involved. Anyway, the advantages seem to outweigh the disadvantages in my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread