What an absolute pleasant surprise! The EHPRO Mod 101

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vesh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2017
I forgot I had ordered this as it was like almost 2 months ago using fasttech regular shipping (note to self, always upgrade shipping in future).

Since the death of provape, their lack of proper TC, and the fact i would never pay that much for a mod, I have been searching for a 22mm tube mod WITH TC control.. everything I found had soemthing wrong with it.. too wide in diameter, or too old and no TC mode, or some even have voltage only mode!

And then this little gem from EHPRO comes out of nowhere.

I will get the 3 cons out of the way right now

1) It auto powers off after about half hour.. I find this infuriating and there is no way to change that setting.

2)Only silver.. would be wonderful to see these in various colours.

3)Only one button (but you get used to it).

Remember this device is CHEAP.. and it's exactly 22mm, so any 22mm tanks just looks the biz on it without the gap that all those 23mm tube mods leave :)

First thing i couldn't believe was that nickel TC was actually working! I felt comfortable using my ego one 22mm tank with the joyetech nickel 0.25 coils. SS seemed not bad also (note i have not tested TI).
There are presets, there is no TCR (a subjective con perhaps)?

Basically if you have ever used the one button provape, you can expect the same sort of menu system...

No fancy settings for scroll speed etc, but you DO have a display flip which was a nice touch.

And you also have a resistance "calibration" for TC mode, and it even asks you new or old coil. Basically what you have to get used to is that you sit for 2seconds and it enters what is on screen, and the click cycles through the available options.

In watt mods it fires plenty fast, on par with joyetech and smok devices, TC mode is normal like many mainstream mods but no where near as fast as a yihi or DNA. But it works just fine.

There are actually so many pros to this device, perhaps the best way is to just list them

1) 22mm
2) Out of the box uses 18350 OR 18650, rather tiny in 18350 mode! Simply don't put "part B" on to use the 18350, screw part b between a and c to use 18650. So easy.
3) All attys i have tested so far sit flush
4) Battery threads SMOOTH.. and there is absolutely NO seam when battery cap screwed on, i actually was wondering where the hell the battery cap was as you can't see it!
5) once screwed in, battery cover has another screw thingy on the back to make connection with battery, so you can loosen it a tad if you want device safely off. Simple.
6) TC mode!
7) You can adjust watts in TC mode!
8) Once you are used to it, SO easy to use. Just set and forget till you change tanks/use a different coil
9) Screen flip
10) Screen even dynamically displays in TC mode , and even shows applied volts. You have everything you need on that small screen.. Watts/Temp/Volts/Battery/Resistance!
11) Actual cycling through temps and watts is easy, tap for 0.5 watt/10 degree increments,
hold to go faster.. They have nailed the speed as you rarely overshoot and it's only 50 watts so even if you do, it's not a big deal to cycle (yes it works via round robin rather than up/down)
12) Good fire response time
13) Passes dry cotton test in SS mode, apparently PBusardo said it fails it in TI. I am pretty sure it passes it in Nickel.
14)Surprisingly not cheaply made! Not super light, no rattles. Was super clean inside, no glue, no dirt.. i am really impressed. after all i only paid 30 AUD shipped!

There's more but my mind is tired right now. Basically i am really enthusiastic about this little device.. Note there won't be firmware except for factory updates they may release down the line, cause it doesn't have USB.. So you will need an external charger.

I've put the aspire 18350 in it and had 40 puffs so far at 12.5 watts on the Nicolas 1.8ohm coil, and the gauge is still 95%. So battery usage seems efficient for sure.

Honestly, i am happy to pay $20 more for a 3 button version and some more colours.. I really hope this device takes off, as decent and well priced tube devices are a dying breed. A black and gold one would kick .....

Oh, it also has a bypass (mech style) mode that not only displays the remaining volts of your battery (i just found out my aspire 18350 little tiny battery is currently at 4.04 volts, so I am going to back Aspire here and say their 18350 lasts longer than any other), but dynamically displays wattage as you vape in the bypass mode.. very impressive!

At the very least i have to buy another of these to have as a backup, as mods get discontinued all too quickly these days and if, say i drop it one day or it happens to die.. well yeah, i want a backup!

i can highly recommend this for anyone wanting a cheap 22mm tube mod and who only need 50 watts. Truly.PS i would only go up to 25 watts with a GOOD 18350, if you are a 50 watt vaper, please please use an 18650. A VTC6 in this can use the full wattage range safely and last a day for sure.

Taking price into account of course, I give this mod a Vesh thumbs up and a 9/10 rating.

I really hope in future builds they address the auto off and allow it to be disabled. That's the only "real" complaint I have.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Vesh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2017
In 18350 mode with my nicolas tank. Notice the battery cover threads? Neither do I!

Attachments

• 101.jpg
    101.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 500

Vesh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2017
It's cute! I was thinking of getting one to add to the stash, but was waiting on others reviews on it. I own 7 provari's so I own all 3 size batteries. Glad you like it!
LOL 7 provaris.. you'll be right! hehe. Provari's are 23mm though yes? So with 22mm tanks there is that under lip? As you can see in the (grainy pic, sorry), 22 sit perfectly flush with this.. I have a few 23, and 25 as well as one 26 and 2 30's (aerotank giant and aerotank turbo), but 90% of all my tanks are 22's.. So this made such sense to me.. Works perfectly with pro tank 4, all aspire nautilus stuff, triton 1 and 2, vapefly, much of joyetech etc etc :)

If anyone is interesting I will get a couple of clearer pics tomorrow when there is some natural light. it's just after midnight here now.

Last edited:

Vesh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2017
Ok just an addendum, you CAN change whether you go up/down in the temp set/watts set, by clicking twice fast, the arrow then changes to down. Cool.
Manual does not say this, i worked it out by total chance.

Addenum 2, resistance lock is automatic.. Also you might appreciate that it actually tells you the previous and new resistance with the yes/no question.. which is always welcome. The calibration mode i mentioned above does do the same thing, basically if you want to "re read" and re lock the resistance is when you do it, or if you want the resistance to be a bit higher.. for example i know some people artificially raise the read resistance ever so slightly of their TC coils, to get a hotter vape. Cheers!

Vesh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2017
I think it might be 60 mins, but still not good. I have to time it today to be sure. I guess they don't want accidental firing and for people to forget it's on. Regardless it should be user choice.

I bet they will do a rev b, allowing this to be turned off, and some more colours. The mod is still fresh and a candidate for an update.

One thing i noticed is, once it has turned off, you can fire and vape immediately after the 5 click on, and of course it remembers all your TC settings. No delays in powering up.
BTW it's really cool watching both the temp and watts dynamically update in this. I know for a fact nickel is accurate, as it's giving me a truly wonderful vape with the joyetech 0.25 nickel coil, and watching the temp dynamically shows it to behave exactly as it should.. it's also very smooth, no pulsing once temp is hit.. what a lovely vape.

Indeed the mod's only *real* flaw is the auto off. What a shame.

PS my aspire 18350 is still 80% full. incredibly efficient mod.. since last night i have been vaping at 22 watts/230 celsius.
This mod can realistically be used under 25 watts for a whole night out, on a single 18350.. Impressive!

You guys know me that as far as mods go, I do tend to be quite critical, especially of the expensive ones.. hence why I am so impressed by this at it's price point especially.:)

Reactions: Eskie

Vesh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2017
dicodes clone???

First thing I thought too.. but 1/10th of the price..

OH the manual lists a ton of safety messages/protections.. another good thing.

I was looking at dicodes after provape went under. couldn't justify the price, as wonderful as it is, and I'm glad i waited!

Reactions: Eskie

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
Sorry guys i won't be able to take pics for a while, my uncle (also godfather) has perhaps a day if that left (lung cancer) taken a really bad turn, wish I had gotten him onto vaping years ago but perhaps it was too later anyway, family very distressed, won't be posting for a while, God Bless xxx
So sorry to hear that buddy. Hang in there....
Steve

Reactions: Vesh

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Sorry guys i won't be able to take pics for a while, my uncle (also godfather) has perhaps a day if that left (lung cancer) taken a really bad turn, wish I had gotten him onto vaping years ago but perhaps it was too later anyway, family very distressed, won't be posting for a while, God Bless xxx

So sorry for your loss.

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    My condolences to you and your family. My Grandfather passed in '82 after a way too long bout with emphysema. He knew when his clock was about done ticking, so he told his doctor he wanted to go home and he died in his bed in his wife's arms.

Vesh

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 17, 2017
    Thanks everyone again, such nice people here.. i think i should start another topic in the off topic.. what I am about to say doesn't belong here, but I just can't sleep. My sister organised the finest american CBD (of course, 100% teeaychcee free) for him when all this started and it was helping. She ordered another 1000 dollars worth 2 months back, it arrived here and customs held it on purposed for a week after arrival so the date could tick over for the new regulations, that, you guessed it, banned CBD oil in Australia. Buying it locally or importing. And suddenly he got much much worse. The government has murdered my uncle, just like they ban all nicotine vapes here. Why is the Australian government so obsessed with not allowing us to do stuff for our health. Of course i would understand if my sister was trying to bring in an addictive drug but this was therapeutic only. I'm tossing and turning and I am so upset. It's almost 2.30 am here and I can't sleep. Want to talk about it, so perhaps will start a new topic. Sorry to bring it up in this one but my mind just so "busy" about it all, had to get something out.

Also the oncologist said no every single time we suggested immunotherapy. Now, the very day he died, the government has decided that immunotherapy IS the way to go for lung cancer and have made it free. WTF?

I am sure if he was under 50 they would have tried harder to save him. Ok he was like 71 and that's not young but not OLD either, and before this you would think he was 55 he looked amazing. So fit and full of beans. It's like they don't care when someone is past a certain age, to really try and save them. Anyway....

Edit: This over moderated forum even covered the three letters tee haych and cee so i had to improvise. I am sure you all get it.
    Edit Edit: wow it even bleeped out doubleyoo tee eff.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread