Best mech build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
Hi guys looking for a little help, I'm considering my first tube mech, a marvec skeleton King with perhaps a pirate King rda, with ijoy 20700 40a battery,whats a good safe ohm simple build for flavour
Anyone asking this question shouldn't be using a mech mod.

the_selector

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2018
Its depends on your batteries. Ijoy and other wrappers usually print maximum output current on the label.
You can read continouos disharge value only from the manufacturer's datasheet. Oops, you don't know about manufacturer )) This is why you should not buy such batteries.

Test of Ijoy 20700.
sanyo-20700a - great battery.

So your ijoy - not more than 20A - 25A continuous i think.
4.2V / 20A(25A) = 0.16 - 0.2Ohm - your coil (0.2 - safer)

Install coils on box mod or speсial tool (ohm meter ), and dont push fire without rda on mod - and all will be fine )

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: stols001

papergoblin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
alabama
Hi guys looking for a little help, I'm considering my first tube mech, a marvec skeleton King with perhaps a pirate King rda, with ijoy 20700 40a battery,whats a good safe ohm simple build for flavour

My first question is what do you use now (mod(s), atty(s) and juice(s)-PG/VG blend and nic level)?
Then curious as to why you want to go mechanical? I'm not saying anything is wrong with a mech mod, I use them, but there are wrong reasons to go mech. If you're thinking of using a mech for the wrong reasons, not only can there be a safety issue but it could be a waste of money, as you may be severely disappointed.

In having said all of that I usually build around .3 and up (no lower than .25), I use 18650 mods though. So whatever you have been building should work if you like the flavor and the resistance isn't too low. If you haven't been building, then I'd suggest running an APV for a bit until you are used to building coils and such. The biggest thing is buying quality batteries for reputable vendors, don't be fooled by a cheap price. Never skimp in the battery department, it only costs more in the long run.

John Vapes82

Oct 29, 2018
ijoy 20700 40a batter

As others have said, that's not a battery to be trusted. It's a 20amp at most and it doesn't hit spectacularly well.

If you're getting into mechs, make sure you know your batteries, as ohms law is useless if you don't use the correct variables.

Mooch posts every single one of his ratings on here. Use those and his usage advice for calculations, not the info on the wrap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread