What are the ingredients I should avoid when making juice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kohl

Dec 12, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
I have noticed that not all water soluble extracts work with making e-juice! It seems for the most part if there is any PG in the extract, it will work. However I noticed some extracts (like LorAnn's Vanilla) have Triglycerides along with PG so even though it is water soluble it wont mix properly with the other components, creating a cloudy fluid. I was wondering if there are any down sides to putting other extracts with specific ingredients into my e-liquid? And has anyone played with making their own extracts? I have heard of people soaking certain spices and stuff in PG and it turning out to be a good flavor. Thank you all!!
:toast:

*deleon517*

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2012
s. florida
keep in mind this is the new member section. while there are many veterans that hang around to lend a hand. If your question isn't answered here get to 15 post and you will have access to the diy sub forum. That will give you the best option for these types of questions.

I do mix my own juice but never came across a flavoring that creates a cloudy look to my juice. I mainly use flavorings from tpa/cappella's and some lorann's. not sure if you meant to say flavorings or if you or purchasing liquid extracts that would be similar to what you would find in the baking isle of a supermarket. all the flavorings I have purchased have been very thin, thats why i wouldnt consider them extracts.

kohl

Dec 12, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
Deleon - Yeah I hate that I have to start off in this section of the forum but I can see how it would help the forum as a whole. The extracts I use are from LorAnn and The Perfumers Apprentice. Lorann's Vanilla amongst others have "triglycerides" in the ingredient list which I've seen make the fluid cloudy regardless of steep time, along with any of their non-water soluble extracts (obviously enough)

Racehorse - I haven't tried Capellas but I've heard a lot about them, they will most likley be my next spot to get extracts. I'll have to look into One-On-One.
=] :toast:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread