• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

What Are You Looking For In 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
2017 is just around the corner! Can you believe we still don't have flying cars? :laugh:

What are your plans for 2017.....a better paying job; getting engaged; getting married; birth of children; adoption of a child; buying a bigger house; buying a new car; travelling in Europe or any other place; opening a business; get a divorce? Do you have any New Year's resolutions? Have you kept all the other resolutions in previous years? What happens when you find out you don't have control over your life? If you want to make Almighty God, Blessed be His Name, laugh, vocalize your plans for the future.

Matthew 6:34 (KJV)
34 Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

Matthew 6:34 Living Bible
34 “So don’t be anxious about tomorrow. God will take care of your tomorrow too. Live one day at a time. (Emphasis mine.)

Now, there is nothing wrong with making guidelines for our life because God did give us a brain. But the day to day, you need to keep in close contact with Him to find out how we are to handle the 'darts' that satan throws at us.....not only on a daily basis, but each minute of every hour and each hour of everyday. Sounds like a lot of work? All relationships that are worthwhile take work! But, Jesus did the hard work for us, so all we have to do is communicate with Him to find out the particulars. Of course that is after we accept Him as our personal Lord and Saviour. Without being His, we can't hear His voice. Now, I can say that I did once before I was born-again. I was having to move back home at the age of 35, until I could get on my feet, and before I moved, He spoke to me saying, "Now you realize that you will have to face Me when you move back." I answered, "I know." AND, I did. I'd say it was about six weeks before I faced Him. I haven't been the same.....Praise God! :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

So how do you look at tomorrow? The day after tomorrow? 2017? Have you asked Jesus? Since I went through an epic year of heartbreak and turmoil in 2016, I just don't want to know! I am content to look at each new day as an opportunity! Now, I can squirrel the day away, or I can find out what I should be doing for Jesus.....even if it's only a kind word to or for someone. Don't allow your schedule to squeeze Jesus out of your life. It's easy to do.....I've done it......not just once. When I realized what I'd done, I was crushed. We get sidetracked. Don't be like I was. Don't wait until He puts you on your back so that you can only look up! It's not fun.

Now how do I look at 2017? I see it one day at a time. :)

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
Man is the only animal that knows and understands time. My precious 4-legged daughter has been sooooo pampered since she was sick. She only knows that her mom was there to comfort her. Animals do not know death is coming. I am so very thankful that my baby was still alive when Christmas came around this year! I was so unnerved when she got so sick. Almighty God, blessed be His Name, knew I needed her and her health was God's gift to me. I knew it and I thanked Him repeatedly for her. She finally got to the 'beauty shop' yesterday and she looks so wonderful. She did get into a piece of chocolate, and chocolate is poison to dogs. I laid hands on her and commanded her body, by Kingdom Authority, to sluff it off without having a reaction. He honored my prayer. Thank You, Jesus!

Many Christians don't realize that we have Kingdom Authority to do the work of God. It's like we have a Power of Attorney. Jesus said we will do greater things than He, and the power comes from the Holy Spirit within us. Most Christians don't utilize 1/4 of the power that we can do through Him. I don't know if folks just don't know about it or if they do, they don't believe it. Dr. Adrian Rogers has CD's on it and that's where I heard about it. I didn't really start utilizing every aspect until a few weeks ago. Dr. Adrian Rogers preached on the show 'Love Worth Finding,' which is on one of the Christian stations on your TV. (He now lives with Jesus.) We can go out, like Jesus sent out His disciples, and do what Jesus wants done. I have been discouraged in the past, but when I rebuke demonic forces either around me or in my domicile, I take Kingdom Authority and cast them out.....they leave, too! Little buggers. We need to know our adversary and know his whisperings.

When Jesus went into the desert for 40 days and nights, He didn't argue with satan. He quoted Scripture. Why, because satan 'can't handle the truth!' That's why it's so very important that we know Scripture. If you can't remember one, use - "Resist the devil and he will flee." WHERE ARE MY BANANAS........................:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread