What batteries? What Charger? Vamo V5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Libertine89

Verified Member
Jul 20, 2014
London
Hey everyone, finally ordered a vamo and im looking for bit of advice from people who used some different batteries out there! Im going to get one 18650 and two 18350 batteries so i can compare the two and try the full range the vamo has to offer! i know the efest purple batteries are ment for higher outputs, but they have a longer life on them up to 3100mah? anyone know if these are suitable for me and are unprotected? and if so is it worth getting purple efest 18350's aswell? i dont mind about the longer charge times as i have other batteries i can use in the meantime!

and then the charger, everyone talks about the Xtar chargers so ive looked into them, thinking about getting the XTAR WP2II, im assuming that this is fine for charging either the red or purple efests? just trying to get a cheapish set up thats half decent and safe to use till i can expand my gear!

Cheers in advance!

Chris

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
as stated above the panasonic ncr18650bd can't be beat for a 18650. I don't use 18350's and if your looking for long battery life the 18650 will beat 2 18350's every time. I have the xtar sp2 charger and love it's versatility. You can't go wrong with xtar, nitecore, or for a bit more money pila chargers.x

Libertine89

Verified Member
Jul 20, 2014
London
yeah in the end ill probably side with the 18650 but i just wanna try the 18350 so i can see what its like and try it at full wattage/voltage and find out what it can do really, but thanks ive checked out the panasonics and theyre are quite hard to get the NCR18650BD 3200mAh but you can get a NCR18650B 3400mAh? dunno if thats any good?

EuroChris

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2014
Norway
yeah in the end ill probably side with the 18650 but i just wanna try the 18350 so i can see what its like and try it at full wattage/voltage and find out what it can do really, but thanks ive checked out the panasonics and theyre are quite hard to get the NCR18650BD 3200mAh but you can get a NCR18650B 3400mAh? dunno if thats any good?
If I recall right, the NCR18650B is protected, and some regulated mods don't work that great with protected batteries. I don't have any experience with protected batteries with a Vamo, so I can recommend for or against it.

There's always the Panasonic/Orbtronics NCR18650PF 2900mAh which is also pretty good. I used to use that on a Vamo/Nautilus setup and it lasted me all day through 5ml of e-liquid.

Anyway, the "BD" is pretty new, and the "PF" is its predecessor, so it should be easier to get a hold of.

EDIT: Also, don't look only at "mAh". On some batteries, a lot of the "mAh's" are below 3,2V, which is where a lot of mods stop firing.

As you can see below, the 2900mAh battery has more mAhs between than the 3400mAh battery between 4.2V and 3.2V.
PF-vs-B.jpg

Last edited:

technowiz

Jul 11, 2014
Broken Bow, OK, USA
If I recall right, the NCR18650B is protected, and some regulated mods don't work that great with protected batteries. I don't have any experience with protected batteries with a Vamo, so I can recommend for or against it.

There's always the Panasonic/Orbtronics NCR18650PF 2900mAh which is also pretty good. I used to use that on a Vamo/Nautilus setup and it lasted me all day through 5ml of e-liquid.

Anyway, the "BD" is pretty new, and the "PF" is its predecessor, so it should be easier to get a hold of.

EDIT: Also, don't look only at "mAh". On some batteries, a lot of the "mAh's" are below 3,2V, which is where a lot of mods stop firing.

As you can see below, the 2900mAh battery has more mAhs between than the 3400mAh battery between 4.2V and 3.2V.
View attachment 361308

I use the Panasonic NCR18650B with my Vamo V and don't have any problems with them also tried the sony (don't know the number off hand) and they have a little lag time before heating with the Vamo but not the Itaste SVD, don't know why.

EuroChris

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2014
Norway
I use the Panasonic NCR18650B with my Vamo V and don't have any problems with them also tried the sony (don't know the number off hand) and they have a little lag time before heating with the Vamo but not the Itaste SVD, don't know why.
Thanks for confirming that the batteries work. :)

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
I have a somewhat-related question about batteries for a Vamo -- I'm awaiting delivery of a Vamo V2, which I got very cheap; I'm wondering if the flat/button top makes any difference to a Vamo? I have 2 pair of 18350s, one pair of each kind; I'd rather keep my flat-tops for my Sigelei since I often stack them, but I'm planning to use the Vamo strictly in 18350 mode, since I'm buying it to use with my UDCT, which isn't my primary vape, I keep sweet stuff in it. Just wondered if the Vamo V2 -- which is the same body as the V5, isn't it? -- has any problems with button-tops.

Thx
Andria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread