Not open for further replies.

want to quit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Germany/ Atlanta, GA
Hello guys,

With each year that progresses and new gear coming out I notice that I buy everything but stick to very little. The one thing that has always been tried and true is the Reo. I personally don't even know what exactly it is. The mod itself, the portability, the vape quality, the simplicity, or just everything together.

That being said, I wanted to see what brought you guys here. What made you decide to go with a Reo? What did you had before? why do you love your Reo so much? What was your first Reo set up and what is it now?

Look forward to hear some stories and how your reo setup has changed from back in time.

SoftSell

ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2014
Saskatoon, SK
Egos/spinners, aspire bdc, simple Innokin vw mods with nautilus; everything ended up leaking.
Mech mods with rdas, but I drive so much so I moved to genesis/RTAs. Pocket full of liquid and couch covered in juice led me back to rdas.
Was actually looking for a VV/VW box mod, and the VV Reo popped up. Now here I am! Loving every day with my different Reos and Rdas. All this change in a 6 month period, luckily I've sold off 90% of my other gear.
Every now and again I come pretty close to picking up a Provari or the latest 1000000W box mod, then I give my head a shake and start picking out my next Reo.

Rmcgloth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Sandy,or
I got here through being a part of the microcoil thread on the rebuildables forum. There I met some very kind and well informed reonauts like superxdrifter and xobeloot and pdib who introduced me to the better way to drip...from the bottom! Since then I continue to be impressed by the helpfulness and civility found here.

newplague

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2010
Oregon
I got into bottom feeding back when R&R Manufacturing was still going strong. I got lucky and scored an Ali'i in the 1 minute time window that they were in stock ( think woodville sales nowadays). I loved bottom feeding , but the Ali'i wasn't the most solid device. I had been eyeing a Grand since Rob started making them and decided to pull the trigger. I've been Reo all day, every day since May 2011.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
Let me first start off by letting everyone know....ITS ALL RUSS'S FAULT......

After trying just about every failure of a device out there, I got real tired of Russ being in my head and posting in every thread I was in and very quietly gave in and ordered a mini 2.1 for my 3yr vapeversary. I told no one about it until after it arrived and posted pics of it, and some people were quite shocked!! My track record wasn't the best with REOnauts at the time, (another day, another story). The mini lasted about a month and traded it to another REOnaut for the grand I am vaping today. Loved that one so much I had to order another, (same story as most)... Just sold some gear in the classy's and now I am in need of another... I don't think it ever ends!!!! I truly love and hate my brotha Russ, fo sho..... My relationship with my fellow REOnauts has strengthened...

K31Scout

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2014
Northern MI USA
What brought me here was reading Papa_Lazarou's comments in the beginners forum always praising the Reo to use rookies. I finally searched Reo's and thought it was genius and exactly what I was looking for. Then I found this forum and had to have one.

I only use my MVP2 for checking ohms these days. Still like my VTR for non BF dripping at home in the lazy boy and carry the occasional Evod for super stealth vaping.

oldbroad

don't need no dang title..I'm queen of the world!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.
I was perusing the big ECF site looking for liquid suppliers ...I'd been vaping for a couple of years already and I saw this banner with this strange looking box thing. At the time as far as i had gotten was Ego's and they worked almost just fine, tho I was using the 36mg strength nic and having lots of issues, thus I owned a half dozen of them cuz I was scared to death that if I couldn't vape for more than an hour , or was too dang frustrated with the things, that I'd run to the store for a pack of cigs.

I kept returning to the banner ( yeah, Rob's even infected his banner with the porky dust) then I finally went to his site..and almost had a heart attack when I saw the price.And I couldn't see myself holding this big ole square strange looking thing...it looked NOTHING like a cig...people would be staring at me strangely...

Then , for some reason, I finally went to the Reo forum thread....THAT'S when I was inundated with the porkiy dust! But still, there was a part of me ( the cynical part) that thought, right, some of these people are getting a kickback by singing it's praises, just like on tv commercials.

Next thing I know ( the dang porkie dust totally had me by then) I'm ordering one!

It's been a few years with the Reos exclusively and I'm so happy that they found me! ( oh, and I'm down to 20mgs. of nic cuz the Reo delivers such an awesome vape)

Stringer63

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2011
KY
My story started out with egos etc. then to tube mods and aga-t's. I started dripping an Igo-L and found the bliss of dripping while stumbling across Russ's thread on micro coiling. That led me to the notion of the bottom fed REO and I had to try it. That was in August of 2013 and I haven't used anything else since. The RM2 was awesome for me until about three months ago when I followed Papa-L's advice and tried a dual coil RM3. That has topped my REO exclusively since then.

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
To be honest, it was the people in here.

I was reo-curious in the course of migrating through clearos & VV/W apv's to mechs and RBA's - they kept coming up in thread conversations. Every time I saw a post about a reo, the poster's passion for the device was palpable. That got me to start hanging around in here and what I came to see was a community of very smart, capable, thoughtful, respectful, experienced, and passionate people. That made me decide to get one (heh - yep, one was the plan), and while I need very little advice these days on how to rock them, I keep coming back day after day.

SITS

PV Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2013
Reoville
I would have to say my path to REOs all started with one of Russ's videos I ran across when doing research on wrapping coils for Protanks I used on a Provari. I was drawn by how easy it looked as compared to a Protank coil. He advertised the REO quite well. I bought my first one and all that over gear has ended up on the shelf of shame. I have 4 REO Grands(3 metal, 1 Woodvil), and a mini Woodvil. REOs are all I vape with now. My Provari isn't even used for battery status now since I got a decent charger. I will send the Woodvil Grand in for SO contacts after the new 510 connector is out and get that all done at once.

want to quit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Germany/ Atlanta, GA
Lol!!! That was one of the beauties that brought me here as well. Teasing since 2011 gotta "love" her haha.

Love the stories guys. Thanks for sharing. We are just a awesome very unique group here.

scroll up to Gil's (unsure's) avatar(s). that's what brought me here :)

Bigflyrodder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2014
Boston, MA
Great topic Ben, I think you keep coming back to the Reo for all of the reasons you listed. The dang things are just amazing and they produce no matter what, every time, no matter what you run through them or put on them.

I personally stumbled upon Reoville when I was starting my mech mod journey. Came across an older Grimm Green review which seemed great but I didn't pursue it at that time because he was vaping it with a 510 atty and I didn't want to go that route. Read a lot of posts where folks were asking for direction with mech mods and posted a few myself, the reviews for Reos were always glowing. Did a litte research, asked a few questions, folks told me to PM Rob and ask him directly which I did, and his response was so great I knew I was in the right place.

Bought my first Reo, a VVG, off the classies and made my way over to Reoville for the fat lady welcome. Was gifted a bunch of batteries and an RM2 by Kay and that was that. Been a huge supporter and advocate since. Only up to three Reos now but stalking a Woodville and can feel the itch for another SL LP Grand already.

The device is amazing, the people are even better! Wish there was a way to thank you all for everything you do to help each other and all of the vapers here on ECF both new and old.

Hey Ben, you mentioned you try a lot of new gear when it comes out... hadn't noticed. I have a new RBA you'd love, it's called a Foggatti T22. I'll trade it for your new SL LP Black Wrinkle Grand ;-).

Last edited:

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
During the first couple of years I vaped, one single thing was completely evident every single day... vaping was more difficult than smoking. When I smoked, it was simple - Flick bic - start cumbustion - inhale... It always worked - and it was dead simple.

So, no matter what I tried - no matter what I used - no matter this gadget, that gadget, this tank, that carto, this battery holder, that battery holder... No matter what, even if I really really liked it, I knew it sucked.

Feeders made a lot of sense to me. What got me to feeders is what I said above. What got me to REO was the other feeders I had. They all had deficiencies. They all failed. I'll thank Old Goat until my dying day for getting me hooked on feeders.... but 19 days from now, my 14500 mini will turn 3. It has never once failed to operate. It has never once let me down. It has been completely reliable and dead simple to operate for three years...

The REO mini led me to want a higher capacity (battery and juice) feeder. I got a VVPV... it broke... I got a VVW and I carried it every single day for over 2 years. The SL REOs came along and I knew immediately I finally had to satisfy my desire to own a mechanical Grand... And here I am today, happily vaping devices that are dead simple to operate and completely reliable. I've got all day juice supply and all day battery life... no fuss, no hassle, no problems.

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
What got me to REO? Started vaping with Halo, G6 cig a like, bumped to Triton in the 2nd week and then Triton VV in the third. I have them all still and they all still work and I use them daily.

Then researched for 2 months for a mod & bought a ProVari mini, bought a second one in a month and love them and still use them daily. Got a Dripper Pro byLeo and said WOW. Love dripping, well actually not the hassle of it but flavor/vapor. Read on the ProVari threads that many peeps also own REOs. Didn't want a box mod..so I thought...

Curiousity kept building so I started to lurk the REO threads. I read about super loyal (reminded me of ProVari), very satisfied vapors, a USA, very well made product and I decided, what the heck, I'm gonna go for it. Finally stopped being a chicken, posted a few questions, got a TON of help from great folks and the rest is history.

Last edited:

Big Hitter

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
Binghamton, NY
I came here along time ago ...... and never left ....... Like that one Uncle everyone has that can't keep a job and just hangs around mooching!

Let me tell ya back in 2010 vaping had to be a hobby just to get by ......

The REO was revolutionary IMO and its still the top of the heap if you ask me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread