What catro's should I get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

proteckt3d

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Denmark
Hello everyone, I have a vamo that will arrive soon and I want to try some carto's from smoktech and I don't know what resistances should I go with this mod. I know from Pbusardo's review that it won't fire 1.5 ohm's carto higher than about 4.5v. When I checked the vaping power chart, that equals to around 13 watts, which IMO would be sufficient, but does that mean that dual coil carto's and single coil's will perform the same, in terms of flavor and TH at a voltage of say 4-4.2?

Last edited:

SunRam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2012
South Africa
Hey proteckt3d. You can start with the smoketech 2.5ohm or 3ohm single coil carots. They are the bomb. I get about 10 days out of one in a dct. Have not received a dud in 30 or so.

The dual coils are no better than the 1.7 ohm single coils. Some even believe that one of the dual coils can become dry, and give a metallic or burnt taste, if the carto is running under half full, due to the fact that they are stacked vertically above each other.

IMHO the single coils out performes the dual coils on any level! But in theory they can deliver the same wattage. Just go with the single coils, there really is no need for dual coils.

Good luck!
Vape on!

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Choosing between dual and single coil cartos are a matter of personal preference. There are people who like one or the other.

You need to try some of each and decide which you like best. It's like juice flavors, taste is subjective.

You are wise to be consulting the Safe Vaping Power Chart. Most people seem to be vaping in the 8-9 watt range, so a 2.5-3 ohm carto provides the most options in wattage range.

Stownz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2010
Guthrie, OK
Really just depends how hot you like to vape. If your fine with a colder vape, then the single coils and ce/failomizers/vivi do fine. If you prefer a hotter vape, only the dual coils will not burn the juice. I've said it before, and Ill say it again: If I never taste that burnt tire taste in my mouth again, it will be too soon.

proteckt3d

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Denmark
Thank you all for your input, it is appreciated. I didn't try them yet to be honest mainly because Imeo's Achilles is coming and I thought the wait will be worth it, although I feel that one should try as many devices as it can get hold of. I'm kind of sold by the genesis style atty for some time, it's my all day device.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread