Status
Not open for further replies.

tailland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2018
Germany
1 thought:
The faster you charge, the less important it becomes to have a precise indicator of your charging % status. A non/flashing slot icon should really do if you can charge your batteries as fast as the C4-12 can do it.

However, if you really insist, maybe this one is for you:
Review of Charger SkyRC MC3000
You and fam can even connect your smartphones to it, so you wouldn't even have to go check the device where it stands, but from anywhere around the house - a serious contender, but costs a pretty penny.

Or if you're looking for a simpler device, I see this one...
Review of Charger Folomov A4
This should meet all your criteria= 8A total, 3A max pers slot, and max 4*2A while letting you choose the output freely + shows status of all cells on the screen. If that's not good enough for you, nothing is.

Last edited:
Reactions: ScottP

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Dutchess County, New York
If we are supposed to remove batteries from the charger as soon as they are done then the best way to make sure you do is to have the status of all slots readily visible.
Correct me if I'm mistaken, but I've not seen that about removing the batteries. I have no problem leaving them in there for a few hours more (but not overnight). Don't most chargers monitor the voltage, slowing down when reaching almost charged, and stopping at 4.19~4.2v?

I'm assuming they do, as if they didn't and kept charging, we'd be reading about a lot of catastrophes.

And for what its worth, I have my 2-bay set to 1A. It's more than quick enough (low and slow is fine) as I have about 8 batteries I use in rotation.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
1 thought:
The faster you charge, the less important it becomes to have a precise indicator of your charging % status. A non/flashing slot icon should really do if you can charge your batteries as fast as the C4-12 can do it.

However, if you really insist, maybe this one is for you:
Review of Charger SkyRC MC3000
You and fam can even connect your smartphones to it, so you wouldn't even have to go check the device where it stands, but from anywhere around the house - a serious contender, but costs a pretty penny.

Or if you're looking for a simpler device, I see this one...
Review of Charger Folomov A4
This should meet all your criteria= 8A total, 3A max pers slot, and max 4*2A while letting you choose the output freely + shows status of all cells on the screen. If that's not good enough for you, nothing is.

The SkyRC seems to be a discontinued product. I could only find it as "in stock" on GearBest but at $100 yeah it's a bit much.

The Folomov A4 looks interesting, I'll definitely check reviews and that could be the one. Thanks.

papergoblin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
alabama
Well I found one but HOLY :censored: it's expensive! Introducing the EFAN Lux S4 Runs anywhere from $140 - $170 at the sites I found it on. It looks amazing though. I just can't drop that much or I'd get it.

I may have it all wrong but I'd say why not get a larger bay that will do the higher amps when under loaded but .5 when fully loaded. I get wanting them charged fast and why you're wanting them to but... wouldn't you come out better having say a 6 bay and use lower mah batteries? Then use higher resistance when it's a situation of power availability to consumption?

Think more on the lines of BOB and KISS get out the door mentality. I know it's not ideal but for the price of that charger, you could buy a cheap Harbor Freight genny and a couple of 2 bay nitecores. I mean with the heat of high amp charge and then battery replacement, you'd be in the same boat, not to mention if you run mech and over discharge then try to recover.

Not judging, just trying to help save money, lol.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Correct me if I'm mistaken, but I've not seen that about removing the batteries. I have no problem leaving them in there for a few hours more (but not overnight). Don't most chargers monitor the voltage, slowing down when reaching almost charged, and stopping at 4.19~4.2v?

I'm assuming they do, as if they didn't and kept charging, we'd be reading about a lot of catastrophes.

And for what its worth, I have my 2-bay set to 1A. It's more than quick enough (low and slow is fine) as I have about 8 batteries I use in rotation.

Not sure why, but apparently leaving batteries in the charger can cause them to drain a little then be trickle charged back up and keep repeating until you pull them off. this can apparently reduce lifespan. Also we are supposed to let batteries "rest" after a charge.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
I may have it all wrong but I'd say why not get a larger bay that will do the higher amps when under loaded but .5 when fully loaded. I get wanting them charged fast and why you're wanting them to but... wouldn't you come out better having say a 6 bay and use lower mah batteries? Then use higher resistance when it's a situation of power availability to consumption?

Think more on the lines of BOB and KISS get out the door mentality. I know it's not ideal but for the price of that charger, you could buy a cheap Harbor Freight genny and a couple of 2 bay nitecores. I mean with the heat of high amp charge and then battery replacement, you'd be in the same boat, not to mention if you run mech and over discharge then try to recover.

Not judging, just trying to help save money, lol.

Oh I am definitely NOT getting that charger. I agree lot more efficient way to spend that kind of cash. I am actually leaning now toward the Folomov A4. I'll be checking out reviews on it to make sure there is nothing glaringly wrong with it first though.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I never thought I'd use the NiMh feature of my charger, but I topped off a stack of AAA NiMh batts in the Zanflare C4 last night as well as checking and topping off my lithium ecig and flashlight cells making sure I had plenty for mini flashlights in case we lose power when Michael roars through central Georgia. We are likely to get 40 to 60 MPH winds inland by tonight/tomorrow.

LUC 4 doesn't do NiMh. Nitecore i4 does NiMh and so does Zanflare C4 if that's a feature concern..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread