What did I find? Any help appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

1stimer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2012
Pasadena, CA
I'm not an e-cig smoker, but really liked this box that I found at an estate sale today. Can anyone tell me what I found, or give me any information about this set?

I appreciate it. Tried googling cigarette box, e-cigarette box, e-cigar box, etc. but didn't get too far. Thanks again

IMG_0001-2.jpg

IMG_0002-2.jpg

IMG_0003-2.jpg

IMG_0004-2.jpg

IMG_0005-2.jpg

IMG_0006-2.jpg

ShogaNinja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2012
Ohio
www.youtube.com
Yeah, take it from a ninja. That ain't no Japanese Kanji, that's Chinese Hanzi. The difference is very slight but Japanese Kanji is always followed by Hiragana and/or Katakana in parenthesis because no one really knows any Kanji outside of the main everyday words. Yes, that's right. In order to read Japanese you need to learn at least 2 of the 3 styles of writing.... Now you know why they are using so much English. Japanese Kanji is mainly used for calligraphy these days. It's an artform.

That's a $100 box. How much did you pay?

Last edited:

ShogaNinja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2012
Ohio
www.youtube.com
Shoga, yeah, I lived in Japan for 7 years. Thought it was Kanji :(

:)

It'a all good. There is no shame. Learning how to read Chinese and Japanese is about the hardest thing you can do. Believe it.

There is something to be said about the Japanese giving up on Kanji for the most part. The fact that their own people can't really read all of it speaks volumes.

What did you do there? Business or teach English? The Japanese HATE outsiders but yet they think we are cool and most of their anime characters are white people lol. It's a huge contradiction.

Last edited:

Lumpia

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
Tucson, AZ
I had enough trouble speaking Japanese, let alone trying to read it. I was looking for some parts for something at work last week, and the only place I could find them was on a Chinese website, site wouldn't translate properly, and I told my boss that he need to hire someone who read Mandarin to translate the website for us. He got a good laugh.

ShogaNinja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2012
Ohio
www.youtube.com
Thanks for the information everyone. I paid $20 for the box...most of the cannisters are sealed.

Oh, then it was quite the steal. It looks like a premium version of the one linked earlier like it might be a little bit more expensive than the regular version. You should charge the batteries immediately and try them out to make sure they work, don't inhale - just channel Bill Clinton! If you end up holding on to it for a while you'd best recharge the batteries every few months or they will die permanently and not be rechargeable.

Recommend that you either A: give it to a cigar smoker as a gift, or B: take out the unsealed ones and sell it on ebay for profit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread