The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

What did I find? Any help appreciated.

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by 1stimer, Aug 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. 1stimer

1stimer Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 5, 2012
    Pasadena, CA
    I'm not an e-cig smoker, but really liked this box that I found at an estate sale today. Can anyone tell me what I found, or give me any information about this set?

I appreciate it. Tried googling cigarette box, e-cigarette box, e-cigar box, etc. but didn't get too far. Thanks again

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Lumpia

Lumpia Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 3, 2012
    Tucson, AZ
    Looks like it is possibly a Japanese cigar box that has been converted to hold an E-cig. The gold domes look like plastic ends from some cigar tubes to me. Awesome find whatever it is.

3. Jixchel

Jixchel Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 10, 2012
    Indiana
  4. dragonbone

dragonbone Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 21, 2009
    Somewhere
    AWESOME! eCigar kit by Ruyan as Jixchel said.

Oh and it's Chinese, not Japanese.

5. Jixchel

May 10, 2012
    Indiana
    Yay, I got something right! LOL:p

6. dragonbone

dragonbone Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 21, 2009
    Somewhere
    lol... I see your posts around a lot, and you are always right :).

@ 1stimer
    Check here on alibaba. Smaller kit, but similar thing.

7. Jixchel

May 10, 2012
    Indiana
    Definately not always right :p

8. ShogaNinja

ShogaNinja Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Feb 18, 2012
    Ohio
    Yeah, take it from a ninja. That ain't no Japanese Kanji, that's Chinese Hanzi. The difference is very slight but Japanese Kanji is always followed by Hiragana and/or Katakana in parenthesis because no one really knows any Kanji outside of the main everyday words. Yes, that's right. In order to read Japanese you need to learn at least 2 of the 3 styles of writing.... Now you know why they are using so much English. Japanese Kanji is mainly used for calligraphy these days. It's an artform.

That's a $100 box. How much did you pay?

9. Lumpia

Aug 3, 2012
    Tucson, AZ
    Shoga, yeah, I lived in Japan for 7 years. Thought it was Kanji :(

10. ShogaNinja

Feb 18, 2012
    Ohio
    :)

It'a all good. There is no shame. Learning how to read Chinese and Japanese is about the hardest thing you can do. Believe it.

There is something to be said about the Japanese giving up on Kanji for the most part. The fact that their own people can't really read all of it speaks volumes.

What did you do there? Business or teach English? The Japanese HATE outsiders but yet they think we are cool and most of their anime characters are white people lol. It's a huge contradiction.

11. Lumpia

Aug 3, 2012
    Tucson, AZ
    I had enough trouble speaking Japanese, let alone trying to read it. I was looking for some parts for something at work last week, and the only place I could find them was on a Chinese website, site wouldn't translate properly, and I told my boss that he need to hire someone who read Mandarin to translate the website for us. He got a good laugh.

12. 1stimer

1stimer Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 5, 2012
    Pasadena, CA
    Thanks for the information everyone. I paid $20 for the box...most of the cannisters are sealed.

13. ShogaNinja

Feb 18, 2012
    Ohio
    Oh, then it was quite the steal. It looks like a premium version of the one linked earlier like it might be a little bit more expensive than the regular version. You should charge the batteries immediately and try them out to make sure they work, don't inhale - just channel Bill Clinton! If you end up holding on to it for a while you'd best recharge the batteries every few months or they will die permanently and not be rechargeable.

Recommend that you either A: give it to a cigar smoker as a gift, or B: take out the unsealed ones and sell it on ebay for profit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.