New guy here :-) menthol advice appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbednar85

Jan 4, 2012
Ohio
Hello,

I was stalking around this site for quite some time today. I'm (as you already guessed) new to e-cigs and trying to quit! While browsing I found tons of information; so much that my heads spinning! (Or maybe because I need to smoke :p) All jokes aside I believe i'm going to be ordering a K808 starter kit. How ever from where i'm not sure. I'm a menthol smoker, and currently smoke Maverick (i'm sure you know, but just in case they are made by Newport and have a very strong menthol). How much I smoke varies day by day, sometimes a whole pack in a day usually a pack every 2 days give or take however. I've seen many posts about menthol liquids and would like some input :). I googled (and found) Electronic Cigarettes Reviews | Best E-Cigs & E Cigarettes Brands is this legitimate? If so have any of you purchased from their #1 rated V2 Cigs Electronic Cigarettes :: America's Best Brand of E-Cigarette? Any help would be appreciated! Also; congratulations to all you ex-smokers =)!! I'm hitting the hay, but i'll be up bright and early to check up! Thanks in advance!!

Soon to be ex-smoker,

Tim

jonny2hottie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2010
Strong Beach, CALI
www.youtube.com
are you looking for a real cig sized device or do you mind having one slightly larger like the size of a sharpie?
i found the small mini ecig's were not powerful enough for me to feel it. if your a strong menthol smoker im not sure they will be enough for you. the sharpie size devices work better and batteries last longer. most times starter kits will be around the same price anyway.

i think you'll need an "ego style battery" with a LR 1.8 or 1.5 ohm cartomizer and some good ejuice to really get you started. try to google search "trex (ego style) & smoketech cartomizer starter kit"

many here will agree that menthol is a hard e-liquid to find because it all varies by the user's taste. i tried a few and i liked "Jooglers chill" or i mix "AVEjuice menthol drops" w/ some tobacco flavors.

good luck on your journey and welcome to ECF!

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
Welcome to the forum!

I'd really sort of disregard that list. If you want a KR808, I'd suggest Smokeless Image-Volt, Vapor 4 Life, Bloog, Halo. All are good KR808s from registered suppliers on this board.

Batteries last about 1 hour per 100 mah. So you'll get about 2-4 hours of continuous vaping with a mini. Many people get an extra battery or a pcc.

For a bigger battery model like an ego, batteries start at 650-1300 mah.

You can purchase a Riva SE from Liberty Flights for about $35.00.

This page shows you what the diffent models look like
Best E-Cigarette for a New User

I was a menthol smoker and I vape nhalers nuport juice. Halo makes a popular menthol. Read through the reviews section and get small sample bottles to try.

With any of the models, it's best to purchase empty cartomizers (that's what holds the juice) and fill the cartomizers yourself.

brandontrjn

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2011
Tampa!
For a "strong" menthol try VapeShot.com. Their menthol is like a camel crush right after it's been CRUSHED. I smoke regular tobacco flavor, their menthol was a little too strong for me (I can smoke a Camel crush before "crushing"). Others that I've tried: Smoketip has a weaker menthol Vapro4life is ok I buy their juice bottles when they are on sale.

The VapeShot is a 510 style mini (opposite threads as a 808) that comes with the charge case in the kit for a decent price. Smoketip doesn't come with a charge kit neither does V4L until you get into the $100 range. All of these brands are decent and use cartomizers.

Retriever

Moved On
Nov 2, 2011

PaporPlas

ECF Veteran
Dec 27, 2011
Los Angeles
Soon to be ex-smoker, Tim

I wouldn't even worry about the "ex-smoker Tim". Just be the soon to be "Vaping Tim" - the smoking will drop off naturally.

I have a LeCig Pig Cig 808 and it works awesome. Also, a menthol smoker. LeCig's menthol has replaced my Marlboro Blue well, but still looking for a better menthol. So, thanks for this thread. : )

luvabull

Dec 18, 2011
Pearl, Mississippi
I'm a newbie too. (16days analog free!) I smoked Kool 100s for many years. I just finished a sample of 555 menthol from The Vapor Room. I'm just about to place an order for 30ml. it's my very favorite so far. I also like their chocolate mint, but next time I order it I'll get the 75/25 instead of 50/50. It's very thick and hard on attys, but delicious!

I also have a sample bottle of Totally Wicked's menthol at 36mg nic. I'll add a drop or two to non-mint or non-menthol flavors because I really really want that menthol, and all my liquids are 18mg at the highest. I sometimes need a little extra nicotine, like first thing in the morning.

Hmmmm...just happened to think that hubby has a bottle of 555. I do believe I'll "borrow" a little to add my menthol to. SSShhhhh...don't tell him!

tbednar85

Jan 4, 2012
Ohio
i found the small mini ecig's were not powerful enough for me to feel it. if your a strong menthol smoker im not sure they will be enough for you.

i think you'll need an "ego style battery" with a LR 1.8 or 1.5 ohm cartomizer and some good ejuice to really get you started. try to google search "trex (ego style) & smoketech cartomizer starter kit"

Thanks for all the warm welcomes!! I really wanted to be on earlier in the day to check out the responses, but i've been sick and slept until work! I think you hit it right on the head jonny2hottie, I also need a strong throat hit. I think thats the kits i'll get! The "NuPort" liquid is very popular from what i've seen and I think i'll grab some... You all had really good suggestions though! As for samples, i'm assuming you just get them at websites? Also, is there any S&H charge on samples? Please don't stop the suggestions! I'm still open to anything right now :) I'll be ordering tomorrow after I pay my rent I think :D

Thanks again,

"Vaping Tim" Haha :p

*EDIT*
Just to be double sure, all I need is a starter kit and some extra liquid right?

Last edited:

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
What pv did you decide on?

If it's a bigger battery model most kits come with carts/atty and you should really get at least 1 box of cartomizers, probably two. And a minimum of 30 ml of juice. Either a bottle, or small samples but it should add up to about that. Most people vape about 2-5 ml per day. On the low end, a bottle will last you a couple weeks, high end, 6 days.

I just ordered one big bottle of one flavor and the same flavor with lower nicotine in case it was too strong. I got really lucky and liked that juice because it was all I ordered when I first started.

If you're getting a 510 get cartomizers from Joogler. You get a free bottle of juice with cartos. Use the code ECF5OFF for $5 off your first order.

Cartomizers

You can get a free sampler of juice from Vermillon River, you just pay shipping.

Welcome to Vermillion River Premium E-Juice

Biscuits

Verified Member
Dec 29, 2011
Texas
SwedishFish mentioned this in his first post, but I'm going to second his suggestion. I'm fairly new to PVs and, like you, was a menthol smoker (Marlboro Light Menthol). On the suggestion of a friend who had quit using a PV, I got a starter kit from Vapor4Life (the KR808 batteries) along with some pre-filled Menthol cartos (Premium Vapor King Menthol Cartomizers (Box of 5) - Prefilled Menthol-Flavored Cartomizers for Vaporizer Cigarette) along with a bottle of matching e-juice that I refilled them with. I was surprised at how good these were. Great menthol taste and an awesome throat hit that still retained the menthol flavor. I smoked about the same as you described yourself and a filled carto lasts me around one-and-a-half to two days, sometimes less, and the batteries generally get me through the day. Just my :2c: Good luck to you, Vaping Tim!

PaporPlas

ECF Veteran
Dec 27, 2011
Los Angeles
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread