what do I need to do to get a 'happy vape' ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
First, I have a major problem tasting most vapes. :(

well, I have went through
carts and atties - I like them, but the constant refilling of the carts drives me NUTS I am a heavy vapor decent flavor, best for cinibomb, actually thats the only thing I like in them-
Carto's (just general ones, Boge, some black ones, some silver ones... ) same thing- I like them, but get tired of refilling them. and with both I feel like I am wasting juice. I just KNOW there is more in that cotton..... and I dont seem to get much taste- Plus the cleaning is a PITA. I run a dishwasher 2-3 times a day at my house- I dont need more crap to clean.
Dual Carto's (clear) LOVE them- LOVE LOVE LOVE, but honestly, I cant deal with the riva and ego batteries only lasting a few hours. its like being on the skinny 510 batts again- :( but the flavor is the best I had gotten so far-
fluxomizer- LOVE it- LOVE LOVE LOVE- actually rivaled the clear dual in taste for me- great consistant taste- (which is a plus for me) can see what is left, heat and th- Really a great vape! but one cracked after 3 days- NOT happy- ugggg..
Tank for ego- Have one- LOVE it- have another- nothing but burned taste unless I prime it every 3 or 4 puffs- and that brings me to
Dripping -- I dont get it- for one- I am all the time going, doing, working, I dont have time or places to keep up with a bottle of juice to keep dripping. plus, I cant keep it consistant.

have I missed anything? I think I am not into 'tweaking' too many things are ALWAYS going on at my house- Honestly, I have 4 kids and a husband. I dont sit for more than 3 minutes without someone wanting/needing something. I have timed my showers, I have never went over 3 minutes without there being a major catastrophe in another part of the house. Even at night, when I get everyone in bed, I have the house to clean, breakfast to make, lunch to make- and need to get into bed early enough to get a few hours sleep before 4:30-5 gts here.
I guess what I am saying is- I am just too lazy to play with stuff-
whats your thoughts?

Last edited:

Erfmann

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2011
Arizona
I've gone thru several different pv's in search of the combination of long battery life, good flavor, and minimum hassle..
I found the Gogo is a really good unit that eliminates a lot of the fussing. The batts last all day and the cartos hold 3 ml of juice..there are others also that I haven't tried, but are similar....igo, echo...check them out if you want to stick with cylindrical shaped pv's...
Having said that, I have found my happy place with the reo mod...they are a box shaped unit, but I just love them....so much so that I have bought 6 of them so far....you put a bottle of juice right inside, hook up your favorite 510 atty, and vape away...the flavor, vapor, and ease of use make them a winner in my book...excellent craftsmanship, customer service, and quality...plus they are just plain pretty.....
Definitely worth looking into....
Good luck.

I just looked and there are still a few reo minis available....go take a look.
reosmods.com

Last edited:

luvinitall

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2010
illinois
Ok here is what I'm doing right now and I just started this about two weeks ago I bought a Prodigy V3.1 3.7volt set up and the battery lasts all day..that alone is a major deal for me then last week I bought a Map tank 2.4 ohm and I put my all day vape in it and I'm good to go all day and if for some reason I want a different flavor at some point in the day I use the mega dual coils. I hope this helps.

Last edited:

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
Since you want to "set it & forget it", plus long battery life and thus reduced hassle, I would suggest one of the better variable volts with one of Stormy's tanks. The Darwin has the features that would solve many of your issues. Put on carto, atty or tank, move small wheel to power level that you prefer for that atty/carto/tank and then just vape. I'm a heavy vaper and I get 21+ hours on a charge.

The Darwin senses the resistence change in the atty and automatically changes the power level to maintain your initial setting, requiring the user to do nothing. The last inhale after 21 hours is the same as the first. Plus it doubles as a pass through, so you can charge and vape but I never use that feature since the battery lasts so long.

Stomy's larger tanks holds about 3 and a half mls of eliquid, so that should keep you going for most of the day.

Darwin: Nhaler

Storm Tanks: Untitled Document

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
Keep in mind that this is coming from someone that knows ziltch about mods, but --

Maybe like someone mentioned a juice box mod? I don't know how much you can or are willing to spend. Everyone seems to love the Reo (which is a bit pricey- but maybe not when you compare it to all the cartos and stuff you & I bought) but I never read anything bad about them. I've gone your route with the cartos and things too.

There is this- I no nothing about it and maybe someone here might, but it's inexpensive-

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-memorial-day-sale-ends-when-we-sold-out.html

udlike2no2

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2011
South NJ
I agree with this I have a Darwin and I mainly use the 510 blank CLEAR cartomizers Because there is no fuss no muss after filling they taste grate but as you said you will need a better batt and that's where my Darwin comes in, holds for me a 2 day charge of use vaping (2 to 4 ml a day) can plug it and vape and charge in the car and at home with out swopping any batt's. All in all i look for ease and convenience with good juices and now I have found it my Darwin and XL clear duel carto's at 2.5 ohm's

For all the money i spent in looking for this convenience I could have started with the Darwin for less than all the other things I have bought but hey, now I know to pass it on.

Since you want to "set it & forget it", plus long battery life and thus reduced hassle, I would suggest one of the better variable volts with one of Stormy's tanks. The Darwin has the features that would solve many of your issues. Put on carto, atty or tank, move small wheel to power level that you prefer for that atty/carto/tank and then just vape. I'm a heavy vaper and I get 21+ hours on a charge.

The Darwin senses the resistence change in the atty and automatically changes the power level to maintain your initial setting, requiring the user to do nothing. The last inhale after 21 hours is the same as the first. Plus it doubles as a pass through, so you can charge and vape but I never use that feature since the battery lasts so long.

Stomy's larger tanks holds about 3 and a half mls of eliquid, so that should keep you going for most of the day.

Darwin: Nhaler

Storm Tanks: Untitled Document

Last edited:

Dudeman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2009
New Bedford, MA
I have to put my vote in for one of the REO mods as well.

Since I've had mine I haven't used anything else and I have a fairly impressive collection of mods.

The REO's IMHO, require less work than anything else I've used. You fill the bottle, put in a fresh battery and simply vape. Hours with a Mini, days with a Grand.

Taniger1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2011
Pasco, Washington
Ok, I'm translating your post to:

1) DURABLE (pocket, lay it down, run it over, needs to be made of KYRPTONITE)
2) does NOT get in the way (Lanyards are a GREAT idea until they get wrapped up in the barbs, kids, foals etc etc)
3) You do NOT want to swap your shower time setting up for Vapeing
4) 4 kids?? Stock??? Money is a DREAM and a vague one at that

I'm not QUITE in your boat (my kids all be growed up and the stock is gone), but I DID just buy a bottom feeder from Mr. Old Goat ;0). I figured for 30 dollars I could try one out.

I have 2 Stormy tanks, one of them is GREAT, the other well, the top grommet does not fit very well so if it hits its side, it leaks. Not sure you could have that, especially on a farm, where a horse or cow head could push you over, or a goat might need wrangling /sigh. Or (and I've had to do this at 3am) chase a cougar or bobcat with Mr. Winchester away 'cause he's eyeing the chickens to closley.

Yep I remember ALL this LOL. So maybe one of them REO mods WOULD be a good choice for you. The seem pretty durable, and there is a post around here from a gentleman talking bout running his over with a Jeep I believe and no problems afterwards other than scuff marks.

Just some thoughts

BiancaMontgomery

SQUIRREL!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
North Carolina
Q, sell off some of the gear you're not using and put it towards a REO girl. Get the Mini if you don't mind a simple batt change once in a while, get the Woodvill if you're an all day-never let the PV out of your hand-vaper like myself. Love my REO Mini, but could be more comfortable to hold all day. Top switch and metal box can get painful to hold all day long, but the little thing vapes great and the feed system doesn't leak and just WORKS.

StotheK

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2011
Knoxville
www.stevevape.com
First, I have a major problem tasting most vapes. :(

well, I have went through
carts and atties - I like them, but the constant refilling of the carts drives me NUTS I am a heavy vapor decent flavor, best for cinibomb, actually thats the only thing I like in them-
Carto's (just general ones, Boge, some black ones, some silver ones... ) same thing- I like them, but get tired of refilling them. and with both I feel like I am wasting juice. I just KNOW there is more in that cotton..... and I dont seem to get much taste- Plus the cleaning is a PITA. I run a dishwasher 2-3 times a day at my house- I dont need more crap to clean.
Dual Carto's (clear) LOVE them- LOVE LOVE LOVE, but honestly, I cant deal with the riva and ego batteries only lasting a few hours. its like being on the skinny 510 batts again- :( but the flavor is the best I had gotten so far-
fluxomizer- LOVE it- LOVE LOVE LOVE- actually rivaled the clear dual in taste for me- great consistant taste- (which is a plus for me) can see what is left, heat and th- Really a great vape! but one cracked after 3 days- NOT happy- ugggg..
Tank for ego- Have one- LOVE it- have another- nothing but burned taste unless I prime it every 3 or 4 puffs- and that brings me to
Dripping -- I dont get it- for one- I am all the time going, doing, working, I dont have time or places to keep up with a bottle of juice to keep dripping. plus, I cant keep it consistant.

have I missed anything? I think I am not into 'tweaking' too many things are ALWAYS going on at my house- Honestly, I have 4 kids and a husband. I dont sit for more than 3 minutes without someone wanting/needing something. I have timed my showers, I have never went over 3 minutes without there being a major catastrophe in another part of the house. Even at night, when I get everyone in bed, I have the house to clean, breakfast to make, lunch to make- and need to get into bed early enough to get a few hours sleep before 4:30-5 gts here.
I guess what I am saying is- I am just too lazy to play with stuff-
whats your thoughts?

Well if you don't want to give up the eGo just yet, you could try out a new revision 2 Giantomizer... (gotvapes has them as the Maximizer). I've only been on mine less than a week so far, so I can't give you long term results but... they are essentially CE2/Fluxomizers that have a steel outer sleeve with a window where you can see the juice levels inside. So they work like the fluxos but they hold over 3ml of juice and are a little more durable with the outer sleeve. Also if you can live without seeing your juice levels, the CE2 types are available in steel instead of clear as well. Someone also mentioned tank mods like the storm which are CE2s in a larger clear tank.

MrBobVapor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2009
Robert from Florida
If you have an ego type battery you can order the Echo-E cartos, they hold about 2.5ml. Or you can order the Echo kit (not echo-e) which hold about 3ml and the batteries are 1300mah. I am using the Echo-E carts on my ego battery (same one since last Monday) and am very satisfied. I also like the Boge 2.0 ohm LR (low resistance) carts.

Ok, I'm translating your post to:

1) DURABLE (pocket, lay it down, run it over, needs to be made of KYRPTONITE)
2) does NOT get in the way (Lanyards are a GREAT idea until they get wrapped up in the barbs, kids, foals etc etc)
3) You do NOT want to swap your shower time setting up for Vapeing
4) 4 kids?? Stock??? Money is a DREAM and a vague one at that

I'm not QUITE in your boat (my kids all be growed up and the stock is gone), but I DID just buy a bottom feeder from Mr. Old Goat ;0). I figured for 30 dollars I could try one out.

I have 2 Stormy tanks, one of them is GREAT, the other well, the top grommet does not fit very well so if it hits its side, it leaks. Not sure you could have that, especially on a farm, where a horse or cow head could push you over, or a goat might need wrangling /sigh. Or (and I've had to do this at 3am) chase a cougar or bobcat with Mr. Winchester away 'cause he's eyeing the chickens to closley.

Yep I remember ALL this LOL. So maybe one of them REO mods WOULD be a good choice for you. The seem pretty durable, and there is a post around here from a gentleman talking bout running his over with a Jeep I believe and no problems afterwards other than scuff marks.

Just some thoughts

OMG! you have FOLLOWED ME AROUND!! LOL
YES- and YES- and YES and YES-
So you DO know why I am a chain vapor! LOL

Okay, so, it looks like I really should look into this mod thing... UGGGGGGGg (HUSH CHELLE!! LOL )

I have a riva 650 (?) and an eGo 1100 - and honestly, the Riva is much better than the eGo for some reason.... ???
But the eGo does last longer-

I think thats my only gripe- is the battery lasting such a short time if I dual carto it. I do like the vape from a fluxomizer- but dang it, I dont want to have to replace them because they crack, and it will still vape- NOT FAIR!!

I think thats why I wanted the tank to work so badly-

Chelle, I have looked at the Reo since you have been talking about it. and Like you I think it would make me cramp up.

And I do put mine in my pocket or my (uhhh ummm.... okay, I have to say it) cleavage when i am not vaping. its just convienent. LOL

I am checking into the mods- as we speak- I guess a tank mod would be my best bet if i went with them.

But, I think I might check out the echoE thing too- I think I am stuck on these clear carto's/tanks/ whatevers. I kinda want the fluxomizer/clearo but more reliability, less breakage. LOL

The storm sounds cool- I would like to try that- thank you :)

SOOO many ideas- now my mind is spinning and I have alot of comparisons to make~

But first my kids just came home from fishing and now I have to play mommy- LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread