Status
Not open for further replies.

CameraGuy

Aug 7, 2013
Maryland
Hi all,

I'm still new here, and only switched from analogs about 2 months ago. I started on the Blu and quickly decided not to go back to analogs. Some members here helped me upgrade to a better battery (eGo twist 1000 mah...love it...use it all day and dont need to charge it!), and after only a few days of using the new battery, I find myself going through the Blu carts a little more quickly. I'm not sure if I am turning the voltage too high and burning them, or if I am vaping more with the new battery, but either way I think it's time to look at some other options.

As far as cartomizers and clearomizers go, I am not sure which would be better for me. I did a little online research and read that bottom coils tend to produce cooler vapor, which sounds good, but is it that noticeable? Are the 510 eGo carts basically the same as the Blu's, with the only difference being that I fill them myself? If so I'm thinking something else would be better. As far as eliquid goes, how much would be a safe guesstimate for daily use based on a one Blu cart per day usage?

Any input is appreciated!

~CG

Zevyn

Aug 6, 2013
FL
I wouldn't say that BCC's make cooler vapor, but rather the TCC's are warmer and mimic a cigarette a little better.

I use Kanger EVOD's on mine right now, and I find them easy to fill, clean and maintain with replaceable heads. I have the T2's as well, which are top coil, and they haven't given me any issues. They also have replaceable heads. The EVOD's look more like a cartomizer with a little window. I will stick with the EVOD's since I can use the heads in my ProTank 2, which I use for my root beer juice (glass, so it won't crack).

james chapman

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Kerrville Texas
Hi and welcome. I have been vaping and off Cigs for 2.4 yrs. I did your same journey,with the Blu,to the Ego and now the Vamo. For me the carto-tank,has worked great. I use the Texas tuff tank,by Vape Dudes,or the maker,at Valley Vapes. I did by a Vivi nova,today @ a BM store,but have not tried it. Vape Dudes has a 5 pck sampler,of 10 ml bottles,you can customize each bottle to your PG/VG and Nic level,to find the juice you want. I love those guys,but have started doing DIY juice and get that from Mt.Baker. I have not tried their pre-mix juices,only the freebies they send me when I order and they are pretty tasty. If your only using a Blu Carto a day,your using about 1ml. or less,as the carto,holds about .8ml,if it was filled well and I had a lot of bum carts,so that is 1 reason I moved on. Congrats and welcome:toast:

CameraGuy

Aug 7, 2013
Maryland
...I find them easy to fill, clean and maintain...

That brings up another question about the cartos/clearos...what kind of maintenance and cleaning needs to be done and how often?

Btw your twist is 510/ Ego thread compatible, yes?

Yes it is! (a point for me for something I actually know! WOOT! LOL)

...I had a lot of bum carts,so that is 1 reason I moved on. Congrats and welcome:toast:

I had a few myself. I did get so frustrated once that I started banging it around until it worked though! LOL!

JessicaS

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2013
Columbus, OH, USA
From my experience, all cartos all are not equal, in size or performance. My favorites are ProTank 11, mini Protank, EVOD or a good dual coil carto tank. If you like cartos, the carto tank is the way to go. It should easily last you most of the day and then some, depending on your vaping habits. As far as ease of filling and maintaining, the bottom coil clearos, like the Protank and EVOD are the easiest. The cartomizer tanks have a slight learning curve in getting them filled correctly, but once you do, maintain is really easy.

Last edited:

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
Cartos always work best with a carto tank. I use a Smoktech 2.0 ohm single coil XL carto in a 22mm XL tank from IBTanked. With a carto tank a carto lasts longer. I change mine out after about a week or after running 18ml of juice through it. Carto tanks can be very easy to maintain. I fill mine about once a day and wash it out with anti-bacterial dish washing soap once a week: every time I change out the carto. Because a carto in a carto tank is always saturated by e-liquid it always produces the most dense and voluminous vapor possible with a carto.

I also use this 2.0 ohm single coil XL carto in a 19mm XL tank from IBTanked.

Sigeleib.jpg

BuGlen

Divergent
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Tampa, Florida
I wouldn't say that BCC's make cooler vapor, but rather the TCC's are warmer and mimic a cigarette a little better.

I use Kanger EVOD's on mine right now, and I find them easy to fill, clean and maintain with replaceable heads. I have the T2's as well, which are top coil, and they haven't given me any issues. They also have replaceable heads. The EVOD's look more like a cartomizer with a little window. I will stick with the EVOD's since I can use the heads in my ProTank 2, which I use for my root beer juice (glass, so it won't crack).

I concur with the EVOD and T2 recommendations for eGo style batteries. Both of these are easy to fill and maintenance only requires a head replacement, which is simple. I would suggest you give both a try with different flavors and see what works best for you.

CameraGuy

Aug 7, 2013
Maryland
I concur with the EVOD and T2 recommendations for eGo style batteries. Both of these are easy to fill and maintenance only requires a head replacement, which is simple. I would suggest you give both a try with different flavors and see what works best for you.

I just looked up the EVODs since a couple people mentioned them. They look really simple and easy to use. I think I'm going to go ahead and order one (or should I get more than one???) and a few flavors of ejuice to try out....

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
yeah go for it
they are so cheap , -- Kanger has EVOD, ProTank, & Mini ProTank
all great and they all use the same atomizer coils

then to mix it up I have a couple Kanger T4 510 (sm top coil) and Vision Nano 510

I mix and match, different flavors...

then that's all I have, simple cheap...

good luck, let us know :2cool:

BuGlen

Divergent
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Tampa, Florida
I just looked up the EVODs since a couple people mentioned them. They look really simple and easy to use. I think I'm going to go ahead and order one (or should I get more than one???) and a few flavors of ejuice to try out....

Start with 1 EVOD (and 1 Kanger T2 as well), along with maybe a few other options. I also recommend you check out Discount Vapers because they have really good prices and a great selection of clearomizers from which to choose:

Clearomizers

CameraGuy

Aug 7, 2013
Maryland
Alright...I'm invested in this habit now! I just ordered 1 EVOD, 1 Kanger T3 (I liked what I read about the bottom coils), a couple needle tip bottles, a couple ejuice flavors (which I will probably regret getting high nic over medium nic), and a lanyard thingy that I will probably never use (LOL). I'm taking bets on how long you think it will take before I spill ejuice on myself...

Mattmancool34

ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2013
Pittsburg, Ks, USA
im a fan of the aro tanks. They are bottom coil as mentioned earlier and they are made from pyrex glass so they aren't susceptible towards the more corrosive e liquid flavors like cinnamon, root bear, and citrus based juices. They are also relatively cheap and look rather nice on an ego twist. carto tanks will work on an ego however I find that they make them extremely top heavy and prefer to use them on a larger mod.
Smoktech Pyrex Aro Tank | VaVaVape
I know you can find them cheaper but this is an idea of what they look like.

MJ12

ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2013
Murfreesboro, TN
Johnson Creek produces all the juices for the Blu carts. So you might want to check them out the next time your order juice. You'll find a lot more flavors than are offered in the Blu carts. I'm working through a bottle of their "Vanda", aka vanilla, and it's great!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread