What do you do with juice you don't like/won't use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KDlite

Aug 23, 2010
Oklahoma
I just received an order of juice and one of the bottles was the wrong flavor. I won't use it - I won't even try it because I hate the flavor. I also have a number of bottles of juice that I tried once and though aren't bad per se, they just aren't my cup of tea or rather, my tank of juice. ;) LOL
I cringe at that idea of just tossing them but I don't know anyone in the real world who vapes. I thought there used to be a "pay-it-forward" forum here but I don't see one or maybe I just dreamed it. :confused:
Anyway, I don't want anything for them, I'd just like to find them a good home.
Any ideas?
Thanks,
Kelly

I just received an order of juice and one of the bottles was the wrong flavor. I won't use it - I won't even try it because I hate the flavor. I also have a number of bottles of juice that I tried once and though aren't bad per se, they just aren't my cup of tea or rather, my tank of juice. ;) LOL
I cringe at that idea of just tossing them but I don't know anyone in the real world who vapes. I thought there used to be a "pay-it-forward" forum here but I don't see one or maybe I just dreamed it. :confused:
Any ideas?
Thanks,
Kelly
What is this "Real world" of which you speak? Sounds nasty.....

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
upload_2018-6-27_19-30-47.jpg

catilley1092

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2013
North Carolina, USA
Looks like @puffon has provided the answer to this Topic.:)

Although in my first couple years of vaping, tried some flavors I thought would like & even after a long steep were no better, threw out.

Fast forward to this year, wished I had saved those glass bottles with nipple like dispenser. Last month purchased a dozen amber colored bottles with a bonus two added for 14 total, cost as $12 shipped. While the quality of these are OK, I believe the ones trashed were better, not the bottles, the dispensers. These had more suction than those just purchased, although don't know how would had held up for 3-4 years sitting.:D

Good Luck in finding your unwanted e-juices a home!:)

Cat

KDlite

Aug 23, 2010
Oklahoma
What is this "Real world" of which you speak? Sounds nasty.....
LOL Yeah, well, it kinda is nasty...full of analog smoke and I'm kind of pariah and laughing stock among my circle of friends. It's just like any other addiction (drugs/alcohol), those that wish to stay in the chains the beast, really hate/feel negatively challenged by my choice to ditch analogs for vape.
This isn't my first "kick-analogs-and-vape" rodeo, as you can see from the date I became a member (2010), so I can understand their doubts/derisions (it's my 2nd) but it really is my last. It's not about me anymore - my best friend, soulmate, love of my life needs a kidney transplant and he can't have if I smoke, so I'm done. He is all I want or care about so everyone else can KMA. If I have to find new friends, I will. If I find no new vape friends out here in the willy-wags, so be it. I've got my husband AND everyone here. So you see, one way or another, I'll have friends and support on my road out of Tobacco Hell.

KDlite

Aug 23, 2010
Oklahoma
Looks like @puffon has provided the answer to this Topic.:)

Although in my first couple years of vaping, tried some flavors I thought would like & even after a long steep were no better, threw out.

Fast forward to this year, wished I had saved those glass bottles with nipple like dispenser. Last month purchased a dozen amber colored bottles with a bonus two added for 14 total, cost as $12 shipped. While the quality of these are OK, I believe the ones trashed were better, not the bottles, the dispensers. These had more suction than those just purchased, although don't know how would had held up for 3-4 years sitting.:D

Good Luck in finding your unwanted e-juices a home!:)

Cat
Good point!!! I have a few juices that are truly nasty even after a long steep...I wouldn't foist them on my worst enemy...but saving the bottles. WORD!!! That's brilliant!!
I dabbled in DIY juices back in 2010 and came up with some really great ones for me but there was a house fire and I lost everything, including where I bought the flavorings I really liked.

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
Yeah, im kinda into saving bottles now myself. My own diy adventures are coming along nicely and if i can reuse bottles i will. A good hot water rinse-out and im ready to roll. Most of the time. Some flavors dont come out in the bath water no matter what i do

Heath54

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2016
Western New York
Yeah, im kinda into saving bottles now myself. My own diy adventures are coming along nicely and if i can reuse bottles i will. A good hot water rinse-out and im ready to roll. Most of the time. Some flavors dont come out in the bath water no matter what i do
I have also been saving bottles, but still have to buy some as I do not buy ready made juices anymore. I have tried a few ways to get a flavor out and have not had any luck. Those go into the recycle bin.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I tend to mix on the lighter side of flavor if the flavor is new to me. If I don't care for my latest mix I just doctor it up with a flavor I like. Most of the time that works as the new flavor overpowers the first one.

Sometimes, it just gets dumped to make room for something I know I like!

catilley1092

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2013
North Carolina, USA
Wonder if nicotine kills ants?

I've read (on here I believe) that unwanted e-juices does indeed make a good ant killer. This is because the nicotine is poison & they track it back to their nests.:D

The reason why I haven't tried to see myself is because we have cats. Pets loves sweets & the chance isn't worth losing my beloved cats over. So if one has pets and/or children, too risky where either has access.

Fortunately, since most all except one flavor I've vaped for years (made by the one who turned me onto vaping) are self-made, don't have any to pour out. That's why I mix kind of lean on the flavor & if needed, add a bit more when needed. Or if my slim chance still add too much, once the take if full, there's enough room to top the bottle off with VG to thin down.:)

I'll always continue to purchase the one flavor mentioned above, first because I love the e-juice (11 O'Clock Coffee), second because the man literally saved my life. He was performing work next door when the home was vacant, met me one day when coming back from carrying the trash can to the curb, and asked if I'd like to quit smoking. At first, was skeptical, an hour & a half later, for the first time in over 37 years, analogs tasted & smelled very nasty.:thumbs:

Heck, even that junk tasting e-juice wasn't as bad tasting as analogs & obviously many loved the flavors, as I read reviews before purchase. The e-juices we choose to vape are like the food we eat, what one may not like, another may love.:D

Cat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
We had a rather busy ant colony that lived under the deck and I tracked the scouts that were coming into the house back to that nest. I had lots of 18 and 24 nic commercial juices that were way outta date and since DIY I didn't vape them. Added a bunch of sweetener, cut them down to 6nic then fed the ants. I haven't seen any movement in that colony I juiced now 2 years later...musta worked. I have 3 labradoodles and they had no interest in the juice but I also didn't make it accessible for them either.

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
Any ideas?
Thanks,
Kelly
Hi there - I have had juice that I did not want - I've tried to give it away on the forum and even offered to pay for the postage -- just to be nice and had no takers. I post it in whatever forum we are talking about it at and then I set a day and if no one messages me by that time I dump it. I also try to give it to friends. I have even carried it with me and if I saw someone vaping tried to give it to them but I think I scared them... :) so I've dumped quite a bit. I hate to waste but ....

ScribedGlass

Jul 26, 2018
We had a rather busy ant colony that lived under the deck and I tracked the scouts that were coming into the house back to that nest. I had lots of 18 and 24 nic commercial juices that were way outta date and since DIY I didn't vape them. Added a bunch of sweetener, cut them down to 6nic then fed the ants. I haven't seen any movement in that colony I juiced now 2 years later...musta worked. I have 3 labradoodles and they had no interest in the juice but I also didn't make it accessible for them either.

This is rather genius.

But usually I give them away or trade it to a friend for a different juice to try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread