What do you do with the juice you don't like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

baghandler

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
Chicago
My vape station is reaching critical mass. I need to clear out the bottles of juice that I know I simply won't use to make room for those that I enjoy and re-order in larger bottles. Plus, to be honest, I sorta cringe when I see some of them. What was I thinking?

I've got around 8-10 30ml bottles and a handful of 10mls, but all bottles only have about one tank-full (3mls or so, give or take) gone. None of it is what I consider to be "premium" juice, most cost me under .50 per ml (and all of them purchased when I first started vaping). I could just throw it all away, but that seems horribly wasteful. None of my friends or family members vape, so I don't know anyone personally that I could just give it to.

So what do you do with the juice you have bought, but know you won't use?

Codz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2013
Lancashire
I admit i tip it down the sink (only small quantities). I get 5 or 10ml sample bottles and if i usually try 3 or 4 drops in a dripper as soon as i get them, then steep for a week and try 2 or 3ml in a protank or something, then if i still dont like it i give it another 2 weeks then try again. If it's still not to my liking then it gets tipped away.

If i kept them they would only end up taking up space and getting forgotten about and i'm not on a tight vaping budget so i'm not concerned about the waste. I would PIF them if i knew of someone local that would benefit. I did try using a couple of flavourings to improve them, which worked with a couple of juices but nowhere near all (mentholyptus worked on a couple of bad menthol juices & dulce de leche worked to make a couple of bakery style flavours nicer).

baghandler

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
Chicago
I admit i tip it down the sink (only small quantities). I get 5 or 10ml sample bottles and if i usually try 3 or 4 drops in a dripper as soon as i get them, then steep for a week and try 2 or 3ml in a protank or something, then if i still dont like it i give it another 2 weeks then try again. If it's still not to my liking then it gets tipped away.

If i kept them they would only end up taking up space and getting forgotten about and i'm not on a tight vaping budget so i'm not concerned about the waste. I would PIF them if i knew of someone local that would benefit. I did try using a couple of flavourings to improve them, which worked with a couple of juices but nowhere near all (mentholyptus worked on a couple of bad menthol juices & dulce de leche worked to make a couple of bakery style flavours nicer).

Yeah, the 10ml bottles that I am looking at probably have between 6-7mls left. I wouldn't feel too bad about dumping those. But the 30ml bottles are making me feel guilty. They know I don't like them.

Codz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2013
Lancashire
Yeah, the 10ml bottles that I am looking at probably have between 6-7mls left. I wouldn't feel too bad about dumping those. But the 30ml bottles are making me feel guilty. They know I don't like them.

I'm quite lucky in that i have only ever bought larger than a 10ml bottle of liquid if i have tried it before and liked it. I have been tempted a couple of times to get a 30ml bottle of something and hope its decent. In fact i missed out on a liquid i really really wanted because it was only available in 50ml or 100ml (its hardly ever in stock and as soon as vendors get it they sell out in a day max).

baghandler

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
Chicago
I'm quite lucky in that i have only ever bought larger than a 10ml bottle of liquid if i have tried it before and liked it. I have been tempted a couple of times to get a 30ml bottle of something and hope its decent. In fact i missed out on a liquid i really really wanted because it was only available in 50ml or 100ml (its hardly ever in stock and as soon as vendors get it they sell out in a day max).

The larger bottles I bought at a local B&M, where I had tried them and *thought* that I liked them. Obviously, I was out of my mind that day. I don't actually like a single one.

Codz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2013
Lancashire
The larger bottles I bought at a local B&M, where I had tried them and *thought* that I liked them. Obviously, I was out of my mind that day. I don't actually like a single one.

LOL - did you try them at the sample bar? I've noticed a couple of times that flavours i have tried at the bar dont seem quite as good when i get a bottle and try it again a day or so later - highly suspicious! I'm the same though - some flavours i really like after trying them, only to find a day / week / fortnight later that i cant stand them!

Susan W.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Torrance, CA
I've done the same thing. Liked it in the store, not so much when I got it home. I PIF all amounts of juice. It gives people a chance to try it even if it's 2 or 3 ml. I use the Treasure Chest PIF as I just want to give what I don't like away. You can specify any requirements, like only people with one toe and green hair are eligible.

baghandler

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
Chicago
I've done the same thing. Liked it in the store, not so much when I got it home. I PIF all amounts of juice. It gives people a chance to try it even if it's 2 or 3 ml. I use the Treasure Chest PIF as I just want to give what I don't like away. You can specify any requirements, like only people with one toe and green hair are eligible.

I like to think that I am a fairly intelligent person. But reading through the various sets of rules in that sub has made my head swim.

Codz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2013
Lancashire

I had a look at the UK PIF thread a month or so ago and it looks like it has been out of action for a long time! Someone did try and get something going on the UK forum as well but i dont think it got off the ground. My friend on your side of the pond PIFs loads of things but has had some bad experiences where she has given away some pretty decent bits of kit only to see them appear on ebay shortly after and knows its her stuff. Really stinks that people do that :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread