What do you do with juice you hate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cherryblossom

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2012
Florida
Sell it, trade it, pass it to a friend, doctor it up, or save it for a rainy day :)

DH and I have traded/bought opened bottles of juice with no reservations what-so-ever from reputable people on the board. Usually the only flaw the opened juice has is that it doesn't work for the original owner's taste buds. Some people will pick up opened bottles to sample without having to pay full price. I've also seen many people who were running short on cash pick up juice on the classies to get them by. Throw those extras up on the classies if you don't want them....they'll either sell or they won't...never know, they might help out someone short on cash that will be thrilled to have them. :)

RedForeman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2010
Georgia
Oh wow, that was funny. At the beginning of this thread I saw where you're from and actually thought "hey, maybe we can work out a juice swap." after reading your descriptions though...I think I'll pass.

Actually it's funny that you had problems with MadVapes juice; I also have a couple bottles of MV juice that I tried once and never again. They both seemed to have some extra chemical taste or something that I disliked. I guess you don't want to trade for more MV juice, huh? :laugh:
Same here for the same reason. mostapha: if you're too juice-poor to get by a few days on a regular order (vs overnight), you're welcome to come and browse my supply for some new (good) stuff to try out (as-in no swap required, no I don't want your MV discards LOL). I'm in Johns Creek and really don't have the time or motive to deliver to midtown. If you get out to Alpharetta or Duluth I can meet you.

The MV products don't call it out, but based on flavor and viscosity I'd suppose they are 100% PG. Whatever PG they are using has that chemical taste, unlike PG juices I have bought elsewhere. I tried a couple of 10ml bottles over a year ago and they still occupy my little box of unloved juices. I don't hate them. However they will be the next to last ones I would use in desperate times. The worst ones are the Chinese sample packs I bought with my very first e-cig order. Now those are just nasty, even if there wasn't a chemical taste. I think I did finally throw those out, so the MV would actually be the default last choice now LOL.

I'd say out of my collection of unloved juices, very few would be classified as something I'd refuse to use. I have mixed those with other things for some ah interesting concoctions. Nothing I'd use on a regular basis for sure. I recently gave away a bunch of bottles I wasn't using, mainly low-nic stuff that was otherwise ok. A smoker friend was curious about e-cigs and I equipped him with an older eGo pass thru and enough hardware/juice for a 2-3 week starter kit.

The crazyoda video on the crab sauce was... remarkable. It was like watching those dumbest people shows on SpikeTV. They know whatever they're about to do is going to hurt before they get started. He was already gagging on the smell of the bottle and went right on to hit it 3 times then drip some more for good measure. Some kids will just put anything in their mouth LOL.

mostapha

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Atlanta, GA
Give it to the cat!

Just…no.

Also, sweet. A couple other vapers in Atlanta. I'm certainly not that juice poor. Especially not after more cleaning. I was mostly afraid that they all tasted like KC, which thankfully they don't. I'll be fine 'till I can get a real shipment in.

I'm just going to get like 30ml each of the 2 juices I like best so far and when they come in, I'll start shopping for other stuff to try.

But I'm going to hit you guys up at some point. Maybe find a vape friendly bar or something.

orchiolum

ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2012
Midwest, US
I have to admit I am dying to try the kona now. Seriously. Also: do you usually like coffee flavors? I am not experienced at all, since I am so limited on funds right now. I have only tried a handful of flavors but my two faves so far are the Volt cappuccino and vapor4life's green tea. As soon as I get some cash I plan to get a bunch of sample sizes and I'll likely include lots of tea and coffee variations. I could see myself picking something called Kona.

Almost all the coffee flavors I've ordered taste like popcorn to me. I love popcorn, but not as a coffee flavor. I did order some Caramelized Cappuccino from Vermillion River which I love, and will be ordering again.

orchiolum

ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2012
Midwest, US
So……

You can't sell juice with 5-6 drops missing, can you? Throw it away? If I had another local friend into vaping, I'd just give it away and see if s/he liked it.

So, what do you do?

I rarely like a flavor straight from the mailbox. After steeping for a week or two (or longer), several became my favorites. I've only been vaping since late May, and already have over 50 different juices on hand. I don't throw them away because I also keep an eye on lean times and the possibility of government intervention into online sales of juice.

I'll probably end up adding just a few drops of the lesser juices to tanks of juices I do like just to use them up. I also need to order some of the flavor enhancers as suggested here. Some of the juices I don't care for would benefit from a bit of sweetener, or perhaps a bit of tartness...especially the fruit flavors. I've also noticed that some juices that tasted heavily of chemicals when I first received them tasted great and totally different when steeped. I revisit the juices I don't care for every few days to see if the flavor is improving. Some may never improve, but would be handy to have in the stash for emergencies.

When I find a flavor that I love, I order a larger quantity of it.

orchiolum

ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2012
Midwest, US
I have to admit I am dying to try the kona now. Seriously. Also: do you usually like coffee flavors? I am not experienced at all, since I am so limited on funds right now. I have only tried a handful of flavors but my two faves so far are the Volt cappuccino and vapor4life's green tea. As soon as I get some cash I plan to get a bunch of sample sizes and I'll likely include lots of tea and coffee variations. I could see myself picking something called Kona.

Almost all the coffee flavors I've ordered taste like popcorn to me. I love popcorn, but not as a coffee flavor. I did order some Caramelized Cappuccino from Vermillion River which I love, and will be ordering again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread