The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

what do you find you need most?

Discussion in 'E-Cigarette Accessories Discussion' started by leannebug, Mar 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. leannebug

leannebug Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Mar 5, 2010
    the deep south
    I was thinking about making my own carrying case (I used to make purses and bags that I sold in various places) and I have a little bag I used for my ipod, but it's occupied! :)

The problem is, I am so new at vaping, that I haven't yet figured out what the ideal bag would have... ie: how many pockets, for what, zippers, ya-da ya. I know I want something little, so I can toss it in my purse, but I also want it to have a little handle incase I don't want to put it in my purse.

So lady veteran vapors...

If you could make the ideal little carry bag, what could you not live without?

2. Henry ∇ George

Henry ∇ George Senior Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Georgia
    start a business making them and advertise here. more options are needed for portable storage.

features

- easy access (velcro or flip top) for fully-assembled e-cigs
    - extra atomizers and full cartridges or cartomizers
    - empty cartridges or cartomizes
    - tweezer, syringe (for those that fill way), and extra 1-2 batteries
    - 1-2 ejuice dropper bottles - 3-10 ml

if you need anything more than this, use a camera bag or portable diabetes bag. they got lots of pockets and compartments. the goal is for something to throw in a purse or pocket.

materials

- nylon canvas, vinyl, leather, velvet, etc.
    - padded, foam, support, or other inserts and liners
    - velcro, zipper, flip-top, open access
    - elastic bands, dividers

3. keyzygirl

keyzygirl ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Aug 10, 2009
    Key West,Fl.
    I carry 3 or 4 batts and 4 catomizers and a bottle of liquid.When I used a 3 piece unit,I carried 2 attomizers 2 carts,juice,and 3 or 4 batts and some napkins.

4. Henry ∇ George

Mar 12, 2010
    Georgia
  5. Jemmychenn

Jemmychenn Moved On

Mar 15, 2010
    China
    I feel the standard sets maybe can meet the need. But the manufactur still need to develop new product. Waht do you think of it ?

6. Henry ∇ George

Mar 12, 2010
    Georgia
    sets need to meet more flexible storage and easy access for fully assembled e-cigs, with velcro or open access... and need to make better use of the space.

7. leannebug

Mar 5, 2010
    the deep south
    Henry: yes, I batted the idea around for a few days. But in all honesty, I stink at the business end of things. I am a total artsy kind of gal. That is why I do better selling from little gift shops or randomly. I make one-of-a-kind items with whatever interesting material I can find to use. The last store I sold at would just let me know when she needed more, and I would send them (or special order) Trying to fill the niche (that is obviously needed here) would be a bit daunting to my whismical self.
    However, you have given me some great ideas! TY!

Key: ah yes! Napkins. I thought about a small pouch for a small cloth, but disposable napkins would probably be more useful..or wipes.

Jemmy: yes there is a lack for those that want to carry their supplies in something other than a tackle box from Wallyworld. I like the new cases that Vapeboxz has come up with, but I am a purse/bag freak. Also prefer something more unusual.

Of course it needs to be practical too, and I have yet to discover all the things I will need while out and about.

8. Jemmychenn

Jemmychenn Moved On

Mar 15, 2010
    China
    You are exactly right!

9. sevenstars7

sevenstars7 New Member

Mar 22, 2010
    St. Louis, MO
    leannebug: Have you tried Etsy? Then you could post whatever you felt in the mood to make.

Sevenstars7

10. leannebug

Mar 5, 2010
    the deep south
    Yes, I have looked into Etsy. It seems to be a great place (better for handmade items than ebay, certainly) and I have purchased a few items too. Love anything handmade.

Just still looking for my "niche" I suppose. I do it more as a hobby, and since my art interests are varied, it can sometimes complicate things. (ie: should I make this? should I make that?) lol

<.......... a bit scatterbrained

but as to the pouch for supplies, I'm still trying to find out what are the most important featuress. For instance: I was at the grocery the other day (stealth vaping) when suddenly I realized I had juice all over my hand. Now, if I had some napkins or wipes with me, hey no prob, but I didn't... so I had to walk around the store with my hand sticking out, till I could find something to clean up with. These are the things I don't know, will eventually discover, but was hoping to "pick the brains" of those in the know! I like to be prepared!

11. candre23

candre23 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 12, 2010
    NJ
    Since you're going to be making these one at a time by hand, you may as well custom make them to order. Rather than try to come up with one design to fit everybody (which is impossible), simply list a few sizes and shapes, and then add pouches/loops/holders by request. There are already a lot of "pretty close" options out there, but I think some people would pay a good deal more to get exactly what they want.

12. Raven_Blackblade

Raven_Blackblade Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 27, 2009
    Kent, Washington
    Actually, when I first started vaping, this was the bag that I used. Barre Army/Navy Store Shopping Cart [​IMG] You will have to select tool bags, and it should be the second one.

You can get them anywhere now, but mine was issued to me. The pockets (total of 8) hold bottles perfectly, the external pockets (enclosed 2), hold PVs, batteries, and atomizers very nicely. This keeps your e-cig supplies away from your cosmetics and what not. I have also found that the various pockets are great out on a camping trip, as the bag stays at a decent enough temperature. Just keep it in the shade, and it stays really cool. Also the bag is washable.

13. leannebug

Mar 5, 2010
    the deep south
    Cool. Does the website show the inside? I looked at some "coolers/lunchboxes" yesterday at Wally World. Thought about that, but there wasn't anything small enough, that didn't have Spongebob or Batman on it.

What size is yours?

14. Raven_Blackblade

Raven_Blackblade Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 27, 2009
    Kent, Washington
    I would say that it is about the size of a purse. about 10 inches across by about maybe 5 inches tall?

15. Israfil

Israfil Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Before I caught the mod bug I kept everything in a little hard leather covered glasses case. Now I carry all my accessories in there, and my juicebox in the pocket. Something tells me I don't count though...not a lady vaper.

16. PaulCincy

PaulCincy Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 12, 2010
    Cincinnati OH
    The problem I see is for me, in the summer months, I usually wear shorts, shirt and flip-flops...Plus being a guy,,,,,no purse...(My preference, of course - lol) so my pant's pockets are becoming my storage areas...
    No problem so far.....Enjoy

17. HzG8rGrl

HzG8rGrl Trippy Tip Hoarder Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 11, 2009
    *The Swamp*
    Diabetic Bags ? Travel Organizer Bag for Diabetics

The back compartment of this handbag is what is needed for e-cig cases. I have a purse not unlike this one. I had to alter the elastic straps a bit. There are pics of mine fully loaded on my profile. You could do just the pouch with a carry handle or a strap. I love mine. If I am not taking the purse, I just pull the pouch out and go!

18. leannebug

Mar 5, 2010
    the deep south
    Thanks Raven :)
    You boys count too! ALL input helps... we are a resourceful bunch, aren't we :)

Thanks for the pics Hz! That is a very cool looking purse! I'm a purse fanatic (hence why I make my own, but I buy a zillion too) Where did you find that one? The only diabetic carry case that I've seen is at Walmart. It was one of those hard sided ones (lockbox)

19. HzG8rGrl

HzG8rGrl Trippy Tip Hoarder Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 11, 2009
    *The Swamp*
  20. Peg0325

Peg0325 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Mar 12, 2010
    Western PA
    I'd like to find a lanyard. I spend alot of time on a lawn tractor or fishing, or out with the dogs. Time without a purse. I've already had the Tornado go off in my pocket and there isn't a good place to put an e-cig on the lawn tractor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.