What do you guys think about buying used devics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaytex1969

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2015
Austin, TX
I'm a professional malcontent in a blue collar role. I buy most things used so that I can pretend to be middle class on subsistence level income.

Food, shoes, undergarments - new. All else is negotiable.

Sometimes I splurge. I now buy 10 year old bikes instead of 20 year old ones...

Jay :headbang:

Ou2mame

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2015
Long island
I'm a professional malcontent in a blue collar role. I buy most things used so that I can pretend to be middle class on subsistence level income.

Food, shoes, undergarments - new. All else is negotiable.

Sometimes I splurge. I now buy 10 year old bikes instead of 20 year old ones...

Jay :headbang:
Haha yeah that's something I've learned to do. My gf though I made more money than I do, but I'm just a deal hunter. I was built lazy with expensive taste. And I'm an artist. So while I drive a nice car, I bought it completely broken and rebuilt it with YouTube videos cause I'm too cheap to pay for labor. I used coupon codes for all the parts, or the junk yard. My mountain bikes were all bought in pieces on ebay and forum classifieds. My snowboard is awesome but i bought it off Craigslist in the summer. So yeah, I buy good stuff cheap. Sometimes it's used.

Monotremata

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Fontana, CA
monotremata.bandcamp.com
I have no problems buying used attys or mechs. I've bought quite a few. As for drip tips, I sanitize them very well. No different from using other peoples' silverware or going to the dentist.

I did do a trade for a used Sigelei 100W, and it was well cared for. Works just fine. I was going to buy one anyway with the money I got from selling that atty.

I bought an atty from this lady right here just from a conversation in a random Kayfun thread and it was an awesome transaction. Roxy even waited like a week til I got my paycheck and held onto it for me even though she was selling a bunch of stuff at the time. :)

Everything else Ive bought from the classifieds was all good too. For the most part everyone seems pretty upfront about all their gear and alot of folks just get shinyitis too bad and move gear every couple of months cause theyve got the latest and greatest thing.. The mods here do a good job of policing it so stick with ECFs classys and you SHOULDNT have a bad time.. After seeing Sigelei Minis for $60-80 on the local Craigslist, no way I would buy used vape gear from anywhere but here. ECF is too informed to let crap like that slide. Were all here to help each other not rip each other off. Seriously where else do you see a PIF thread where broke folks can get free vape gear and juice to keep em from smoking??

dbrandt01

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Alabama
I've sold devices online and I have bought some. You can usually tell in pictures if it's been treated okay or not. Drip tips, meh. I've been given a drip in a purchase on the classifieds before, I cleaned it and all is fine. It doesn't bother me to buy used as long as all the packaging and spares (if still available) is there .

Shaggy999

Mar 27, 2015
Thanks again hopefully I can meet with the guy later today or tomorrow to check out the joyetech ego one to is if I want to buy it or not. He told me that he only used it for about two weeks that he brought In may but never used it until those two weeks. So it pretty brand new. I always wanted one ever since I seen watch some YouTube video of it.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I have 6 used Provaris that are working exactly the same as new.
Pre-owned Provari's are a worthwhile purchase if you can find them. They're extremely durable. Nice to know that if something isn't working properly or needs replaced, Provape will repair it for a small fee.

Reactions: WillyZee

TheDigital99

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
New Hampshire, United States
I love to experiment with new equipment, some of it I find fits me very well some I find doesn't fit me at all... When I have something that isn't my cup of tea, onto the classifieds it goes.... I always clean everything well in my ultrasonic cleaner...

I also have purchased quite a few atty's from the classifieds.... No issues whats so ever

TX Foilhead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I think it depends on what it is. I've bought 2 REO's and I'm waiting on my 3rd Nuppin from the classifieds. There's not much that could go wrong with a REO and nothing that couldn't be fixed. I missed out on the Nuppin's when they were new so that's the only way I can get them.

Not sure I would buy mod batteries with electronic chips in them. The chip is going to break, or the battery is going to wear out and both will leave it unusable. Something like a Vapor Flask would be the exception, but it would have to be a very good deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread