What do you spend per month?

Status
Not open for further replies.

frizzy_tyger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2015
North Carolina
I spend about $90 a month best I can figure out. I haven't really tracked it, but based on how many coils I build and how much juice I go through a month. I buy about 90% premium juice though, I just haven't found many house or budget juices I like, so I've assumed diy might be the same way. I don't buy many mods or tanks though, my last setup lasted me 10 months before I recently decided to buy others.

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
Some months I spend a lot, some months I don't spend anything at all, but most months I spend at least a little. On the whole, I'm spending about half what I used to on cigarettes (roughly $45/mo. now on average, down from about $90/mo. when I was smoking), plus now I've got all this cool gear to show for it instead of just a bunch of empty packs.

Paul lamb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2015
Newcastle, UK
Some months I spend a lot, some months I don't spend anything at all, but most months I spend at least a little. On the whole, I'm spending about half what I used to on cigarettes (roughly $45/mo. now on average, down from about $90/mo. when I was smoking), plus now I've got all this cool gear to show for it instead of just a bunch of empty packs.
I'm pretty similar to be fair as last month I bought an rda and that's it as I had bought a lot of eliquid the month prior. So this is the month I buy juice.

I've been vaping for over 4 years now and have pretty much everything I need. I use rebuildable atties and make my own juice. I figure I spend around $40 a month for everything now.

I seriously need to DIY my own liquid but I guess I'm a little worried encase it is disappointing

Reactions: Ryedan

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I seriously need to DIY my own liquid but I guess I'm a little worried encase it is disappointing

It's pretty easy to try out DIY Paul. A few empty bottles to put juice in, 3ml and 10ml (child medicine syringes from the pharmacy work well) syringes for mixing ingredients, check out a few recipes online and get a few flavorings. Small bottles of PG, VG and nic base are pretty cheap.

I started that way and it didn't take long to figure things out. Now I buy PG and VG by the gallon, flavorings in bulk and juice costs me around $0.05 a ml or so :thumb:

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
Most months, nothing. I've been vaping about 5 years, and I started DIYing juice early on. I have years worth of nic in the freezer. I began using REOs exclusively a couple years ago, and have spare parts for them, as well as loads of wire for coiling. Once in a while, I'll buy a new bottom feed atty, if something comes out that interests me. But it may be months in between purchases.
Vaping doesn't have to be expensive. It's the 'shinyitis'; having to have the latest and greatest thing, that gets expensive.

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
Vaping doesn't have to be expensive. It's the 'shinyitis'; having to have the latest and greatest thing, that gets expensive.
That's what gets me, every time. Although lately I'll go a few months without getting anything, I'll still get the bug every so often and go on a spending spree.
I wouldn't even know what my average outlay is right now. There's months that I spend about $30, and there are times that I'll drop a few hundred dollars in a day or two.
One of the very few benefits of living alone, I only have to be accountable to my creditors and my pets, lol.

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
So far this year. 0 dollars. I have everything I need for hubby and I to vape for the rest of our lives. Older folks do have an advantage :D I make our e-liquid and rebuild our coils. I may have to pick up a device or two at some point just because of a want but there will be no need because I have that covered too. I will have to eventually buy new 18650 batteries but probably not this year.

I have been reading the writing on the wall for the past 4 years and have prepared for whatever the powers that be throw at us. Fortunately I prepared before Arkansas dropped the hammer on us. I hope all the folks living in Utah have done so too. There is still time for some of y'all that are not quite prepared yet but I fear it won't be as much time as we would like. Is there really ever enough time. I am not an alarmist. I just see where this is going if we that are fighting to slow it down or save vaping as we know it, fail.

Paul lamb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2015
Newcastle, UK
About $100 a month on juice and $25 (avg) on coils, tanks,batteries etc. Still beats the $100 a week I would be spending now if I still smoked cigarettes. I was 2 packs a day.
Very true

Thinking about the smoking costs makes me feel much better
I used to buy my wife's smokes too I now spend approximately £20 per month on her m2l setup

mauricem00

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2015
carson city nevada
Less than $10 per month.

DIY your juice and don't buy every new mod or atomizer that hits the market and you'll barely spend anything.
I'm with you on this. I spend about $3 a month to make my own flavored juice and have a good collection of tanks and mods so I might spend another $1 a month on kenthal wire and wicks. a whole lot cheaper than smoking.less than the cost of 2 ounces (2 day supply) of pipe tobacco :)

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Pretty much same here.There have been a few months that i don't buy anything vape related,but i usually find a few things to get.I budget myself to $25 a week for any vaping or hobby related stuff,so regardless of what i blow the money on,i max out at $100 a month,of course it almost always goes toward something vape related haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread