The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

What do you think of Smoktech's Cartomizer?

Discussion in 'Requests for Opinions/Reviews' started by DWG505, May 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. DWG505

DWG505 Moved On

Apr 20, 2012
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Hello all,
    I'm considering purchasing the Smoktech Cartomizer. Guide to Vaping named it the best cartomizer of 2011, so I wanted to see if anyone had tried it or can offer any feedback before I buy it.
    Thanks!!

2. kookycole

kookycole Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 22, 2012
    Newark, OH
  3. Flyer

Flyer Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 13, 2012
    Illinois
    I reccently bought 5. Out of the first three I've tried, only one worked. Hope the remaing two will work.

4. b0redagain

b0redagain Resting in Peace ECF Veteran

Jan 24, 2011
    Denver, CO
  5. AlB53

AlB53 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Feb 7, 2012
    Rome NY
    I use Smoktech 1.7 ohm SC 1 hole in my tanks and out of the last 50 I had 5 bad ones, 2 flooded out while filling and 2 just would not wick..1 in 10, don't think that too bad
    Al
    that would be 3 would not wick...lol

6. 79Silo

79Silo Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

quality is very bad with smoktech nowdays.. 5months back is good now im afraid to buy even 1 carto

7. durutti

durutti Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 17, 2012
    ATHENS
    What is the difference between dual coils and the rest.I mean in vapour, taste etc.I want to use them on a tank with smoktek vmax

Sent from my MT11i using Tapatalk 2

8. Icig

Icig Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 7, 2012
    Idaho
    I like using smokteck. They always work for me; I buy from empire mods

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

9. Via!

Via! Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 4, 2012
    Jacksonville FL
    Yes, I agree, smoktech's QC has been rather "iffy" recently...changed to Boge..

10. DWG505

DWG505 Moved On

Apr 20, 2012
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Interesting... too bad they can't get the quality issues under control since they have the recognition from the award... Thanks guys.

11. nansc

nansc Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Dec 11, 2011
    New Hampshire
    I use them all the time and have never had any problems.I think I got one bad one out of 20.:2c:

12. ~Sue~Feb2012

~Sue~Feb2012 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 10, 2012
    USA
    I bought a couple packs of 510 std a few months ago and like them. No issues, in fact I need to order more. I like them on my 5 volt passthroughs.

13. Craftypepper

Craftypepper Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 28, 2011
    Birmingham, AL
    They are all I use (mainly the 1.7 resurrectors and new mega and 1.5 dual coil mega) and I have never had a problem beyond a few DOA which I expect from any carto. Flavor and vapor and draw are outstanding to me. Never liked the Boge's.

14. RedMoxy69

RedMoxy69 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Nov 4, 2012
    Palm Springs, Florida
    We love them BOTH, esp. on VV eGo/Amigo/Meerkat/Meekrat Passthrough too, searching4answers. Another partial agreement is w/JQside saying standard size Boge 2.7-3.2, + LR etc. & Long Smoketech Mega DC's 1.5/1.7, etc. Both (+ single & Dual Coil) belong as staples in your arsenal & we've not had DOA's or quick death issues (had both w/Atties), they last longer than expected or could ask for w/out maintenance like they should have, we find them workhorses of the industry. My other 1/2 (SilverSurfer61) has been on a LR Boge streak lately, but usually goes back & forth between the 2.

15. RedMoxy69

RedMoxy69 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Nov 4, 2012
    Palm Springs, Florida
    We also meant to say, we feel your pain, we've had our fair share of the same problems people are having, ours just happened with (it's even worse when you are caught w/no backup!!!) Atomizers & Clearomizers, so may the force be with you in those dark moments.

16. Faylool

Faylool Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

It's funny because when you read a boge thread they complain about quality control there too

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.