What do you think of this configuration?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chas123

Feb 26, 2013
missouri
Hi All

New to this but after doing some research i have decided on the following

2 x Ego twist 650 mah batts, maybe 1 1000 mah instead and 1 650 suggestions?
Kanger T3 tanks 2.4 mL, how many do you think i should get?
Coil replacements, how many and which size, 1.8, 2.1, 2.4?
USB Battery charger, do i have to watch the battery charge or does it turn off after fully charging?
I also have a few USB wall/car adapters, will these work?
ejuice, what percentage PG/VG should i use? will the vanilla be ok? looking at 24mg to start, 30 analogs per day marlboro red. Recomendation of ejuice manufacturer?
I want enough supplies to last at least 4-6 months

Any other recommendations?

Thanks!

Kopfstimmen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2012
Hi and welcome to the forum, chas123!
Your proposed startup kit sounds fine to me. I would add a dripping atomizer and a drip tip to try out juice, though.
1000 is going to be longer than 650, but it will last longer. Figure about an hour for every 100 mah. (Your mileage may vary.)
I like the T3s. I got 3 and 10 coils with my first order of them, and I'm sure I'll use them all. Keep in mind that you might not like them as much, though. You could always throw in some Vision V3s or something to see if you have a preference.
I prefer 2.4 but again, personal preference. Try one of each and you'll know yours.
Don't leave batteries unattended if you can help it. I do it occasionally, but always try to remove them as soon as they're loaded. (They'll last longer that way, too.)
Wall and car adapters should work fine, but I'm not the expert here, I'll let someone else throw in their two cents.
Juice is subjective. I smoked a little less then you (25 per day?), and started with 18 and some 24 for first thing in the morning. I use 70VG/30VG, but that's just me. As far as flavor goes, whatever you think you'll like will be OK. Unless you decide you don't like it, but there's not much you can do about that. :)

One major recommendation: Don't order 4-6 months of juice yet! You have no idea if you'll like it. Start out with small sample bottles before committing. :)

Last edited:

andrewr623

Feb 19, 2013
Minnesota
while I'm fairly new to vaping my self I think you are probably in the right neighborhood anyways, i am/was a pack plus a day guy myself and I make it through most days on about 650-700 mah of bat life although I think the egos use a little more juice than my kr808's do, so having 2 is always a good idea. I would think the 24 mg juice will probably do it for you I tried 36 mg first and it was just to much, I was overdoing it on nic almost every time that I vaped, but the 24 mg seem to do the job nicely without making me sick when I puffed them to much. As far as tanks I would say at least 2 or 3 to start if nothing else so that way you can switch flavors in the middle of the day whenever you feel like it, and you don't have to worry about carrying bottles of juice around with you. For coil replacements sorry I really have no idea about those. I have been using a powered usb hub with the usb adapters for the batt's and the usb port of my cell charger in the car and haven't had any problems yet, but yes it is better for the batts to unplug them when they are done charging but most new ones have limiters on them to prevent over charging. I agree with Kopfstimmen that you might want to add a drip tip, and that juice tends to be very personal and varies a lot from person to person, and while I haven't really settled on a great day to day flavor to vape yet I tend to lean more towards the slightly higher VG ratios because of the vapor production. I also agree that you should try out small batches of different flavors till you find one that you like the best.

I hope I helped! :toast:

clemmel

Feb 7, 2013
Dallas, TX
I started with a slightly more advanced setup s couple months ago, but I would recommend going with one @ 1000 mAh and one 650. Kanger T3's are awesome, start with a couple to make sure you like them, then worry about more later. E-juice mixes are all about personal preference. The higher the VG %, the less throat hit. Start @ either 18 or 24mg, and step it down from there. BombVapor has some truly awesome juices, and the pricing is great for the quality.

I wouldn't buy months worth of supplies until you find your 'daily vape' juice. You run the risk of being stuck with a bunch of juice you'll never use

DJ RyckRak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2013
Somewhere in New England
Hi Chaz123- and Welcome to ECF !
I too was a PAD 'burro red' man, 40+ years- and magically managed to quit the day I got my eGo-c kit !
My kit had the 650mah's, quickly bought the 1000mahs and a 1100 twists... not that much larger, but longer battery life.
You don't want to start down the Vaping road...and run into shortages- battery's or ejuice.
I like my Kanger T3s (3), vision clearos (2) and Vision ET RBA (1) for dripping...but use my eGo cartrages everyday as my carry vape gear.
Buy a couple extra atomizer heads- I bought a five pack, but am still using the original three (I clean mine).

Juices- Well, there is not a B&M store for 100 miles from me- so I Ordered everything on line, Mt Baker (Excellent quality and price) and EC Blends (good quality-and price, better with extra flavor shots at 50 cents each). You will probably go with 18 mg/ml nic and will vape about 3-5 ml a day.
Almost every Vaper thinks they want a 'bacco' flavor- sorry to break it to you- there is no ejuice that tastes like a burning ciggy !
What we all want is a nice thick cloud of vapor and our Nic to stop the cravings, also vapping give you the hand to mouth motion you are accustomed to and some flavor.
I tried six 'banco' Flavors- hated em. Found I like my 'Coffee' in the morning, then switch to a Carnmel or a Butterscotch- then a fruity flavor latter.
I DIY now, so I can make any flavor, any strength I want or need- but I am down to the 8-10 mg/ml stage now.

I think you will do very well vapping- with the right vape gear and some good juice...you are on your way !
Best To You !

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
chas123 said:
Thanks to all for the input now just to have to figure out who has a one stop shopping. Visited a few sites and they are out of one thing or another. Any recommendations?
That could be difficult to find at this time. Many vendors are experiencing shipment and inventory issues due to the extended Chinese new year. Most products come from China, so all US vendors will be affected. Most experienced vapors have built of a list of preferred vendors for different products that they use. Not many carry everything that you will need.

An alternative to using a direct drip atomizer to test new flavor samples is the Nano clearomizer. It has an easy to fill, screw-off mouthpiece, and can be used multiple times testing out different flavors. They have a 510 connection that will be compatible with an eGo battery. $4.00 each, and available in clear or colored tubes.

Vision Nano Clearomizer - Clear

DiscountVapers.com_Vision_Nano.JPG

Figure on consuming 3-5 ml of e-liquid daily. A good strength of nicotine for 1 ppd smoker would be 18-24 mg.

I also recommend not buying a large quantity of e-liquid until you find what nicotine strength is right for you and you've found a flavor that is agreeable for you. Buying from juice vendors that offer sampler packs is the best way to go at first. Once you find some flavors that you like, you can buy more in a larger sized bottle. A couple of vendors that I purchase juice from that offer sampler packs are below:

Organically Flavored E-liquid | Virgin Vapor | Electronic Cigarette Organic e-Liquid | Electronic Cigarettes

Vaperite | Electronic Cigarettes and Vaping Supplies

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread