What do you think - problem?? Keeps blinking, but it's charged...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Just got, today, a couple new batteries today from a very trusted vendor.
One, an LG HE2, kept blinking the last light when the others were fully charged. Checked it, and yes - it still had a way to go.
But HOURS LATER, it is still blinking, so I check again - and it's at 4.22.
But still, the last light blinks, like it's not fully charged.

So - a couple questions:
1- would the charger blink because it somehow got a touch OVER 4.2?
2 - Ever have a battery that never would register as fully charged? I'm certain it's NOT the charger - the same slot works just fine with every other battery...
3 - If it IS the battery - is this something odd about the LG, or is it possibly actually a "bad battery"?

Dampmaskin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2014
Norway
www.steam-engine.org
1) Different chargers behave differently, but if the charger lets the battery get over 4,25, there's something wrong with the charger.

2) Nope, I haven't, but from what I've read that can be a sign of a bad battery.

3) Probably the battery - if not the charger. Are the charger contacts clean? Did you take the battery out and insert it again? (In case there was just a random bad connection.) I haven't heard anything that indicates that there's anything odd with the HE2. I've got a couple of "VTC5" that are probably actually HE2s, and they behave fine.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I can't imagine how it could be the battery. What charger are you using?

I would clean the battery and charger contacts. Can't hurt anything. My 2 year old xtar WPII had a bay make contact intermittently and that solved it for me, so it can happen.

The charge spec for Li-ion batteries is 4.2 +-0.05V, so 4.22 is in spec.

Last edited:

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread