• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

What do you use, and who used it to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
I'd love to know what kinds of PVs you have/tried, where you purchased them, and the pros and cons to them.

The whole cart situation is giving me such fits and I'm trying soo hard to make this work!

=====================================
For me:
dse 901 - midnight blue with blue LED
I purchased it from EST (E-Smokey Treats).

Besides the great reviews on EST, the other main reason for purchasing from them is 1)they had what I wanted in stock & 2)their warrantee.

The only bad thing I've experienced that wasn't expected (batteries, atomizers DOA suck but not surprising LOL), came when I did a deep clean on my atomizer like suggested on the EST site. I scratched off a lot of the paint when I picked it up with the tongs and it slipped off. OMG I was ticked at myself!! Lesson learned though.

===============
Carts: I've been using Fluval since Sunday. It seems to be working really well. I don't mind refilling as much when I know that I'm at least getting everything sucked out of the filler. I am experimenting with how thick the filler should be so it can hold more juice, but still be able to flow easily.

Tried a teabag one day, but it just seemed to be a soggy mess for me.

================================
I purchased the starter pack from JC 9 days ago, but haven't recieved it yet. I'm really looking forward to trying different flavors. Also, I'm interested in seeing if different juices = different use rate.

===============================

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
West Allis, WI
www.emeraldvapers.com
Here's my gear:

DSE 901 - I have several attys, 2 chargers, down to 2 batteries (one doesn't draw at all, one has a very sticky switch). Attys from TW work well.

DSE 801 - I have many, many attys (I like the larger carts) and ordered a bunch from Ruyan to keep me in gear. The NJoy batteries are still working, but in the drawer. The NJoy atty just died on me (didn't survive the last cleaning :() but I don't know when replacements will be available.

Janty Kissbox w/manual switch - this is one of 2 that are main devises....I rotate 4 batteries and 3 attys. after a full month of heavy use, they are my reliable go-to PV's. I don't like, however, the Janty attys - I prefer the generic 801's from Ruyan.

ScrewDriver - just got this back from Trog - and it's back in my arsonal as a favored gizmo. I have the adaptor to switch from 801 to 901 attys, so I keep two 901 attys in my kit, along with the 3 801's.

I definitely favor the manual switches - using the auto batteries only in emergencies....

and as for juices - far too many different flavors to list here :D. But, if anyone's interested in Red Bull, Cherry, Menthol or Mint, I have some I don't like but haven't yet put them in the classifieds.....

harmony gardens

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2009
Wisconsin
My first purchase was my trusty 901. I added a passthrough and a usb adapter for a wall plug and for a cigarette lighter. I'm happy with them for everyday use.

I also have a 401, which I like for dripping. The atomizer is robust and when we were vaping at the Capitol, I basically used that. It's nice and small, and the battery lasted nicely.

I'm ready to plop down the plastic for a Janty Stick,,, waiting to hear how Vick's likes hers, but that really looks slick to me!!

I was inspired seeing Tom's (mottlycrw)'s mod at the vape in. I think I can pull off making one, and I think it would be a fun project.

My favorite flavor so far, is grape. I love all sorts of fruity flavors. Vick's, how much you want for the Cherry and Red Bull??

VelvetVisions

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2009
Waukesha, WI
Started with a 901 from SmartFixx, very hard draw which gave me headaches, but I had no point of comparison so this worked. I quit analogs with it.

I decided to try the penstyle 801 and ordered one from PureSmoker (must have been one of the last ones they sold). I really enjoyed this one so much more; however, I found the carts were difficult to use and I preferred dripping. Problem with that is the flooding into the batteries (went through a couple of attys).

I decided to place an order with Ruyan for parts and ordered some more parts for both the 901 and 801 (attys, batts, etc) and then decided to order the 801 manual switch from Eastmall.

The 801 manual was crappy, it sounded like it would blow up. :) I was afraid to use it and set it aside. This was with the attys that came with it, I decided to try some other 801 attys I had purchased and this is now my favorite device. My 901 an normal automatic 801 are getting lonely.

I also found the attys from Ruyan made my 901 work much better than the first one I purchased. Overall, I've learned that different parts really make a difference and that I must stay away from supplier sites or I'm gonna go broke and my husbands gonna kill me. :)

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
I'm ready to plop down the plastic for a Janty Stick,,, waiting to hear how Vick's likes hers, but that really looks slick to me!!

How is your Janty working, Vicks?
You've been very quiet since you got it :rolleyes:

I was inspired seeing Tom's (mottlycrw)'s mod at the vape in. I think I can pull off making one, and I think it would be a fun project.
Men and their toys....if there's a battery, they'll find away to max it up! LOL

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
I decided to place an order with Ruyan for parts and ordered some more parts for both the 901 and 801 (attys, batts, etc)
Ruyan is the same as Heaven Gifts, right? I was just looking on there and holy cow! they are a lot cheaper than what I'm getting at EST. The price of an 801 starter kit is only $28???

Also, is the 801 is pretty much the same look, only longer than the 901? Which means the cart holds more and the battery lasts longer?

order the 801 manual switch from Eastmall........The 801 manual was crappy, it sounded like it would blow up. :) I was afraid to use it and set it aside. This was with the attys that came with it, I decided to try some other 801 attys I had purchased and this is now my favorite device.
Just so I understand; you got the manual switch from Eastmall, but found out that with the attys that you also got at Eastmall, it ran icky, so you use the switch from Eastmall & use attys from Ruyman (or someone else?)

Also, the manual switch- that's located on the battery, right? ie - if I was going to get one, I'd be looking in the battery section? Manual switches just sound like the way to go for extending the atty's life

I also found the attys from Ruyan made my 901 work much better than the first one I purchased. Overall, I've learned that different parts really make a difference and that I must stay away from supplier sites or I'm gonna go broke and my husbands gonna kill me. :)
Hmmm...that's interesting....and isn't Ruyan the original? the one who started the e-cig craze??

Thank you all for your help!

VelvetVisions

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2009
Waukesha, WI
Hey Mlr,

Ruyan is the same as Heaven's Gifits, yes. :)

The 801 is the penstyle, it is longer and holds more juice and has a longer battery life.

I ordered the USB manual switch 801 from Eastmall. The atomizers weren't working, but I decided to try one again and now it seems fine. Maybe it was user error, who knows. :) David from Eastmall didn't send me the USB battery though, was not happy wiht that and even after e-mailing I have received no response and no USB battery.

The switch is actually located between the battery and atty as a separate piece. The batteries are also different than the 801 since they don't need the automatic switch inside and there is no LED. Just like the Janty Kissbox if you are familiar. You can use any 801 atty's for it, just like the Kissbox. In fact I just ordered some batteries and attys from Janty only because I've had difficulties with Eastmall.

Hope that helps. Think you are good to wait and see what Vicks thinks of the Stick. I didn't think they were shipping until next week. Even if you don't go with that, I would recommend maybe waiting and buying a SD or Prodigy. I honestly wish I had found all this info before I went nuts and started buying things. I have spent close to $800 so far and now I'm thinking about more. Have to keep myself in check. :)

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
West Allis, WI
www.emeraldvapers.com
How is your Janty working, Vicks?
You've been very quiet since you got it :rolleyes:

I just ordered it - sadly, I can't play with the stick yet (8-o minds out of the gutter!!!!) as it's not here....

On the plus side - I did get my screwdriver back :D:D:D it was in the mailbox Monday... so I'm consoling myself with that.

VelvetVisions

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2009
Waukesha, WI
Vicks.... since you have the SD, what was your draw to get the stick, just another one to try out? I'm curious because I'm still considering getting an SD.

To be honest, I just ordered some parts from Janty (manual switches and batteries hoping to use them on the 801 manual I bought) and out of the whole order, only one part was correct. I'm not happy. I ordered, received no shipping notice or anything. They did show up pretty quickly, and I got excited, but then everything was wrong. I'm so upset with them, not sure I would trust to get the stick. :)

I've also thought about the prodigy, but again the SD actually seems smaller and it's been tried and true. The prodigy does appear to have better adapters for different attys though, so not sure what to do. I really don't want to spend any more money right now, so whatever decision I make needs to be the right one (I hope).

Anyone else, please feel free to chime in as well.

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
West Allis, WI
www.emeraldvapers.com
The stick can run the 801 attys.....the SD is primarily used for the 901's (I do have an adapter, but Trog's quit making them because they don't perform, and I'm finding that to be true....)

The stick looks cool and is very compact, and doesn't have the manual switch on the end.

That, and the price caught my eye - the limited edition was $135.......and the pre-order (which is when I bought) was $69. - almost half. That was the final push to get me to buy.

Tamara, if you're not happy with your Janty order, send an EM to either Ludo or Jeff.....they WILL make it right, Ludo's very proper, that way.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread