What e cigg to get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
The information in the following blog articles and the video should help you get an idea of the gear you will need. An e-cig is basically a battery to supply power, a juice attachment which is a container the e-liquid and also contains the heating coil which vaporizes the liquid into vapor.

There are three levels or stages that most vapors follow, although a novice can jump into either level. Most novices prefer the smaller batteries to ease their transition from smoking to vaping, but soon discover that the smaller batteries are not well suited for long term use. If you can get over the size factor of the mid-size eGo batteries, you can save some time and money by completely skipping the cigalike stage.

Advancing up the Vaping Ladder

Juice attachments differ in their style, construction, and performance. Most start out with clearomizers because of convenience and their easier filling technique.

Proper Terminology: Is it a carto, a tank, or what?

Many novices start out with an eGo battery for longer battery time than a cigalike, and more options in juice attachments.

A Good Starter Setup with an Ego Battery

Last edited:

Kaisen

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
Hello, i want to buy a e cigg but dont know which one and dont know the diffrences between them.

I answered your other posting as well, but I always recommend a Ego-style USB pass-through with a bottom-coil clearomizer (EVOD or similar) as the best bang-for-the-buck to get started.

Most who come directly from smoking analog cigarettes think they want an e-cig that looks like an analog (same size, etc) but quickly realize that they don't last long enough (battery and liquid) to be an all-day solution and eventually get an Ego-style set-up. Might as well skip that step. You'll save money as well, both by skipping the cig-alike purchase and the expensive refills.

Best wishes!

easyE45

Verified Member
Oct 28, 2013
Seattle,WA
I answered your other posting as well, but I always recommend a Ego-style USB pass-through with a bottom-coil clearomizer (EVOD or similar) as the best bang-for-the-buck to get started.

Most who come directly from smoking analog cigarettes think they want an e-cig that looks like an analog (same size, etc) but quickly realize that they don't last long enough (battery and liquid) to be an all-day solution and eventually get an Ego-style set-up. Might as well skip that step. You'll save money as well, both by skipping the cig-alike purchase and the expensive refills.

Best wishes!

agree with this! I am a new vaper and made the decision to go with a halo g6 starter kit with a mini tank and I love it but if I were to do it all over again I would go with a eGo style setup from the start. I love my halo g6 and the fact that it is a cig-alike but I am already looking to upgrade.

Kaisen

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
agree with this! I am a new vaper and made the decision to go with a halo g6 starter kit with a mini tank and I love it but if I were to do it all over again I would go with a eGo style setup from the start. I love my halo g6 and the fact that it is a cig-alike but I am already looking to upgrade.

Nothing wrong with keeping the G6 for a conceal/carry for work or going out. But a USB pass-through Ego won't let you down when the battery is running low and you're jonesing for a nicotine fix.

There are no wrong answers if it keeps us off analogs!

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Dutchess County, New York
Vuitsu, If you are not a smoker, I suggest either NOT pursuing e cigs or vaping, or do so with zero percent nic level, that is, no nicotine.
Most of us vape because of our nicotine addiction, and to get our nicotine without a regular smoky cigarette.
Otherwise, it is just flavored air.
But, I wish you well.

Vuitsu

Oct 29, 2013
Sweden
Vuitsu, If you are not a smoker, I suggest either NOT pursuing e cigs or vaping, or do so with zero percent nic level, that is, no nicotine.
Most of us vape because of our nicotine addiction, and to get our nicotine without a regular smoky cigarette.
Otherwise, it is just flavored air.
But, I wish you well.

Yes i know, i wont get any nicotine, i am getting cola and red bull taste and maybe some fruits, i hope it will be good.
Im doing this to eat less.

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Dutchess County, New York
Vuitsu, Facinating. this is the first time I've heard of someone looking to vape for weight reduction. I want to know how you succeed. I'm not sure if you can get it shipped where you are, but Alice in Vapeland has a cool selection of flavors...
https://vapeland.org/product/a-little-bit-of-everything/
I'm getting it, and I'll let you know how they are. Mentioning this, cause they are not the tobacco heavy stuff, but just yummy flavors.
I think I'd steer towards blends with less pg and more vg, as you probably aren't looking for the Throat Hit, something us ex-smokers like.
I wish you success, cause vaping for a healthy result is cool in my book!

Vuitsu

Oct 29, 2013
Sweden
Vuitsu, Facinating. this is the first time I've heard of someone looking to vape for weight reduction. I want to know how you succeed. I'm not sure if you can get it shipped where you are, but Alice in Vapeland has a cool selection of flavors...
https://vapeland.org/product/a-little-bit-of-everything/
I'm getting it, and I'll let you know how they are. Mentioning this, cause they are not the tobacco heavy stuff, but just yummy flavors.
I think I'd steer towards blends with less pg and more vg, as you probably aren't looking for the Throat Hit, something us ex-smokers like.
I wish you success, cause vaping for a healthy result is cool in my book!

Yeah, i know lots of people smoke cigarettes to go down in weight but instead i thought that i could do this. And i will write a report in a month in this forums. I will look into alice. Also can you explain what pg and vg is since im not sure xD?
And thank you.

Weizenheimer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2013
North Carolina
Yes i know, i wont get any nicotine, i am getting cola and red bull taste and maybe some fruits, i hope it will be good.
Im doing this to eat less.

I would recommend you start out by just trying to eat less. Do research on what the most satiating foods are. Eat a high protein diet (minimums of 1 gram of protein per pound of your lean body weight and .45 grams of fat per pound of your lean body weight and fill the rest of your calories with whatever you like), use a cheap digital food scale to weigh your food, and use a website\phone app like myfitnesspal.com to log what you are eating. Find a TDEE calculator online to get an estimate of how many calories you should eat, start with that, and adjust based on results every 2 weeks. Do this in conjunction with a basic 2-3 day per week resistance training routine (heavy barbell weight lifting is my preference) and you can't go wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread